Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 4

Old 09-23-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hey guys just thought I would pop in from the August class...Good to see you are going well jimuk,keep it up mate.....And boozefree,What the fcuk...you got loads of sober days behind you now bud...Very very well done....And to the rest of you keep it up you are all great.....Steve...
Old 09-23-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

I have tears in my eyes...ok and running down my cheeks.. as I read all of these beautiful posts. I love how Groder said, '...feel a calm about OUR sobriety'. This really is a beautiful family and I am grateful to be a part of it. It is a tremendously beautiful day here. I did walk this morning. It may, or may not, have ended up at a favorite breakfast place resulting in omelet and all the fixins

Then came home after more walking (maybe burned off one piece of bacon) and ran myself a hot bath. Climbed in with my under the influence book and some meditation music playing. Now sitting outside with as much skin exposed that I can get away with basking in glorious sunshine while the pups roam the yard.

I had to let someone down today and, considering I got no response to my email, assuming he's bitter...but I'm not in a place to date right now (although I crave male companionship like air at the moment-girls been single for a loooong time). ANYway (lol) even if I was ready it wouldn't be this guy. I kept accepting his lunch/dinner invites, but dreading it and canceling. Well finally put my big girl pants on and let him know the truth (not the part about having zero attraction to him...the part about needing time to heal from my recent traumas, which he is aware of. Which honestly makes it that much more disgusting he didnt respond. I'd expect more maturity from a 45 year old.

Well excuse any typos/run on sentences...I'm on my phone (hate typing at length on this thing). Be back later. Here's to Sober Sunday!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Its funny DeepBreath, you're Sat in the Sun and I'm in bed its dark and raining out haha. The wonders of technology versus the nature of time how bizarre.

I'm sure the guy will understand so don't dwell.

Night all X
Old 09-23-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Day2 (would've been day 23 today)

Hey guys-
I am new here, just thought I'd post. I am on day 2.....on day 17, I thought I could prove that I could stop after one or two...instead I proved that I needed another week long binge, so here we go again.....and the crazy thing is all I can think is how boring sober is....wow do I have some issues...still trying to figure out how this site works, does anyone know if I get an email if there is reply to this thread or do I just need to keep checking back?
Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 01:27 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 33wolf33 View Post
Hey guys-
I am new here, just thought I'd post. I am on day 2.....on day 17, I thought I could prove that I could stop after one or two...instead I proved that I needed another week long binge, so here we go again.....and the crazy thing is all I can think is how boring sober is....wow do I have some issues...still trying to figure out how this site works, does anyone know if I get an email if there is reply to this thread or do I just need to keep checking back?
Thanks
Welcome. Many of us could type your same story. You're making a brave 1st step to conquer this demon. Our September class is a beautiful family of support! I think there's a way to get notified, but if you find these friends as addicting (get it, ha ha...a healthy addiction!) as I do, you'll be popping in continuously.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:28 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Just wanted to share. I'm watching a documentary called 'happy'. It's on Netflix I've just started it, but its already having an impact on me. A worthwhile tune-in so far.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  

Very tempted tonight. Very, very tempted.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

DeepBreath, I am so glad you're doing well today

33wolf33, there might be a way to get notifications, but this is a VERY ACTIVE group so I personally would rather just check back here as opposed to getting floods of emails!

Stevie it's great to see you... I remember reading your posts when I was here a few months back... so glad you've been doing so well... x

It's a BEAUTIFUL day here... I've been reading SR, journaling, studying (kind of), and attempting to catch up on some household chores. I also finished Under the Influence today so I need to start a new book... not sure what it's going to be yet.

Having dinner with my husband and brother in law tonight, so I'm looking forward to that too.

If (WHEN!) I make it through today, my day 16, this will officially be the longest I've been sober in 1.5 years.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Eli, stay strong... it's worth it. Drinking isn't usually the joy that we dream it to be when craving + always makes us feel terrible mentally the next day.
You could drink if you want to, but think of all of the negative things that it WILL bring with it. Right now is a lie about how good it could make you feel - but that's so temporary and the bad bits last so very much longer. Power to you!

Maybe get yourself a treat food or non-alc drink instead?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by DB
I desperately wish I could run away to an intensive rehab program...afford it and take my pups. I just crave a vacation from my brain, I think. Or at least have time and space and resources to conquer all these demons once and for all.
Rehab isn't an option for many of us for various reasons...but that doesn't mean we can't beat this thing...it takes a lot of changes tho...it means being uncomfortable a little...for a while..which is something most of us feel very uneasy about...but you're not alone

maybe what we need is not so much a vacation from our brain but a new way of living...and a willingness to do whatever it takes not to drink, I think

There's a lot of support here, and a lot of support in the outside world too.
I know everyone here can do this

Welcome tjmjh and 33wolf33
You can subscribe to a thread under 'thread tools' at the top of the page

and I'm so glad the news is better Hopingforzen

D
Old 09-23-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

D