http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, good night. :-)
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Folks

How is everyone today? Had a fun lesson with our dog trainer in which the monster completely showed me up, but he was so cute! Then actually got some work done in the evening.

Day 2... still no sleep last night... partner was snoring, dog was cashing cats in his sleep and making little barks, even the cat was snuffling... everyone was sleeping except me Hey ho... At least no anxiety, but headache and sweats. It will pass.

Hope everyone else is doing OK.

Figgy... so well done to chuck it out! I couldn't have done that. Hope you're having a good day.

Busy day, so I'll check in later.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good moring all. I had a rough sleep, but woke up not hungover and that is all that matters. Day 2 again and feeling string, just going to be a long day in the office. Good Luck to all of you.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning guys... beginning Day 11. I'm still not feeling well, so I called in sick to work this morning. I feel kind of guilty about that, since it is a new-ish job, but going in would have required a nearly 2 hour commute, including a half-hour walk in the rain. I knew I would feel worse by the end of the day if I went in.

Hope everyone has a good and sober day.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I do a lot of negative self talk. But, dwelling on regret and mistakes are not going to make me sober. Changing my attitude and outlook will. I hope I can keep this thought all day today.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Morning everyone..Day 2 Like WWG..Feels good..

WWG like your last post and agree about the negative self talk...it is good that you aee this in yourself...I think that it part of the process to improving.

Jim
Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning! Still here! Not giving up! The bumps are behind me, looking forward. Trying to get this all figured out! Have a great day sr! Thank you for being here!
Old 09-18-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chardonnay740 View Post
Good morning! Still here! Not giving up! The bumps are behind me, looking forward. Trying to get this all figured out! Have a great day sr! Thank you for being here!
You can do it, and we are all cheering for you to make each day a sober day. God Bless
Old 09-18-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Am halfway into day 5 now. Feeling a bit restless and lost, and a bit like a fraud really for being so organised , the house being so clean...

Just having a cuppa soup and reading Under the Influence, about alcoholics
Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 4...what a milestone...i never make it past three

I slept much better last night. No more sweats and not as many freaky dreams. I think I actually slept four hours in a row. It was nice waking up clear-headed. I don't have anything to do today so I need to create a project. The last thing I want is time on my hands.

WWG & Jim...you got this...
Morning Chard
Old 09-18-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sugarfix View Post
Hi everyone

Am halfway into day 5 now. Feeling a bit restless and lost, and a bit like a fraud really for being so organised , the house being so clean...

Just having a cuppa soup and reading Under the Influence, about alcoholics
They are nice. It also reminds me of the Peter Kay joke about cuppa soups, something like "Nobody dares eat cuppa soup in a bowl" haha.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Morning all - day 12 starting out - I just went for a long walk before work - the desert is beautiful in the morning. My weight scale is a little inaccurate but I am pretty sure I am losing some LBs already, nice!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good Morning my friends!

Welcome to all the newcomers, good to see so many joining the family! Best wishes to all of you! Read & post as often as possible...there's a great group of people on here to offer support anytime day or night.

lefthook & WWG, right there with you. I cannot explain why I went so backwards...no excuses. It's like I totally got derailed on my mind set...I need to get back on track. I loved how I felt that week that I was sober, & the feeling of pride that I had getting thru the weekend without caving was something I haven't felt in years.

I've definitely noticed a pattern with me. Every time I 'beat' my last sober time, that's when I cave. Sober days up to this point have been 1, 2, 4 & then 7. Like I'm 'rewarding' myself for making it a bit further?! Wow. Pretty ridiculous, I know. Although I still need to take it a day at a time, I definitely have to focus on making changes at that point so I don't keep sabatoging all of the hard work that I put in those early days.

I do know in my heart & soul I don't want to give up. Sooo...here I go again!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mirrorman View Post
Morning all - day 12 starting out - I just went for a long walk before work - the desert is beautiful in the morning. My weight scale is a little inaccurate but I am pretty sure I am losing some LBs already, nice!
Great job. An early walk without a foggy head is a great way to start the daty. God Bless
Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I love an early morning walk too! Like you said WWG, especially not being in a fog. Pouring here in N. Mich though so a walk won't happen, but still enjoying a clear head.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Deepbreath and Sobersunshine- thanks for all the posts and encouragement last night.

Phoenix and Mirrorman- GOOD JOB!

Good Morning Jimuk, Buzzme, Mytimenow, eli, Amazon, Forabetterlife, Dee, Iwantfree, WWG, Soberbythesea, Soberjim, Chardonnay, Sugarfix, Just4now, Martin, Mirrorman and Jaz!

Figgy – AWESOME!

Good morning day 14. Sending prayers for a great day for all...
Old 09-18-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on! I ordered some paint that got delivered yesterday. Couple days after getting sober I got hit with this creativity bug so thought I'd get some stuff and see what comes of it. Will post more later when I'm all caught up on the previous posts.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Day FIVE and feelin fine! First time I've made it this far in a loooooong time!

On phone so will post more detailed response soon.

Love and strength to you all! Like what I read this morning...we're doin it!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Morning all,

Great posts last night and this morning! I'm also feeling pretty good - took some Melatonin when I got home from my meditation class last night and slept OK.

My hubby promised not to drink (much) last night while I was at class. I actually believed him so I was able to focus on the task at hand. I phoned to say I was on my way home and when he didn't answer I had a flood of old feelings come back. I knew when I got home I'd find him slumped in bed, passed out with the TV on.

I was looking forward to teling him about my class but it all got washed down the drain. It took me five tries to wake him and when he was finally 'semi' coherent he had the nerve to lie to me and say he had only one glass of wine.

Normally I would have been REALLY upset but this calm came over me. I realized it's time for me to stop worrying about everything and everybody and start looking after myself. I have more resolve to not drink now than I ever had before. Your posts last night and this AM have helped solidify it even more too.

Have a wonderful sober day everyone!