Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 4

Old 09-26-2012, 11:21 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi everyone,

Erica, glad you are feeling better and hope you benefit from OP. That's great that you are meeting up with Slim!

Grace, the roses and chocolate sound so nice, how wonderful!

Panacea, yes I'm not a big fan of all female gatherings. I mean we women ROCK but I like some testosterone in the mix to balance things out. Sometimes I go to women's meetings and enjoy that but not every week.
I wasn't aware that you were in a cast, ew, glad it's coming off soon.

LSC, dolphins, WOW! How totally cool is that?! I hope you end up enjoying a visit with your friend.

Hi to everyone else, steve and Nuway, and VeggieJ, hope the studying went well.

Speaking of pj's, I wore navy blue sweatpants and my old grey sweatshirt to a meeting last night. This is radical for me. I usually make more of an effort but there is a man I find quite attractive and this was a sort of defense mechanism, to be more comfortable, not thinking in some part of my mind that I wanted to look nice for mister X. If that makes sense? I know I'm a little wack!! lol.

Sweetie seems to have stopped coughing but we have a follow up appointment with her regular doctor tomorrow morning as advised by the ER doctor. She is in her room rocking out to the Wiggles right now. Her cough seems to have gone away I hope.

Thanks for the support on Sweetie and the hha, it's a relief to have taken the situation in hand. The new hha starts Friday.

I watched all of the episodes of "Revenge" Season one on netflix over the last several days. What an addicting show! It's on tonight , the first episode of Season two, on regular tv which we don't get unless we can pull it in over the air, I am going to find out!! The tuner might pull it in. Anybody watched this series?

My new friend invited me over to her house and to a sacred fire, as usual I am already thinking of an excuse not to go. Funny isn't it, I like to socialize but only when I feel like it, or planned on it, or something, I don't know....she's really nice and funny, and we talk almost every day or text, even so I don't know if I want to take the friendship outside of recovery?

Okay everyone, best warmest wishes to all for a good evening or Thursday whichever comes first for you.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Day 39 nearly over as I'm off to bed soon...Just got home from a damn good session at the gym,boy am I gonna be sore tomorrow...Ate lots of good quality food again today and I'm feeling great..It's still raining here and I think it's meant to be in for quite a while...Any ways I can hear my bed calling...Take care all and I'll check in tomorrow.....Steve...
Old 09-26-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hey all:

Just got back from a very nice time having a cup of tea with Erica.

I've got to dash out for an appointment, so I'll post later.

Did want to share my very handsome son and his accomplishment. He plays goalkeeper in football at college and at this early point in the season, he holds the NCAA record for saves.

[IMG][/IMG]

Its a catch 22 with this distinction. Because his team overall is so weak, the opposition fires at the goal as if it were a target game at a carnival. If the team gets better and defends the goal more, his services wouldn't be needed quite so much!

Slim
Old 09-26-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

His everybody,

Slim he is a handsome young man! Great that you and Erica got to meet up.

Stairs glad Sweetie is a bit better and and that you've sorted out the hha. Not seen revenge, may not be on over here.

Panacea, I'm on day two of my diet too, not too bad so far although just remembered we are doing a cake bake at work on Friday for a cancer charity. Can you feign a headache for Friday - weak excuse I know but particularly early in sobriety I don't think we should pressurised to go places we don't want to.

Hi Grace, Steve and Erica, hope everyone is ticking along nicely,

X

Ps my pjs are blue with polka dots
Old 09-26-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Seeing as everyone is talking about PJ's I just have to say I dont wear them...Infact at bedtime I dont wear anything....Lol....
Old 09-26-2012, 02:06 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
HFA

Sorry been away...so much has happened. Glad it came out ok for erica.
Veggiejoj..just the calorie count thing. My fav is to do an a fresh juicec veggie fast. Its makes me feel great, but it is so time consuming and takes a lot of discipline. My last I went fro 20 days. I felt great and my head was so clear. I want to do it again but things are so hectic right now. I've been drinking it during the day last two days, but eating dinner.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

At 37 days, my blood pressure was 112/71 today at the grocery store. At about a week and a half into sobriety it was 135/84. I shudder to think what it was the first few days of not drinking. Nice to see a "normal" bp reading.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hi Everybody

Managed to get a go on the laptop tonight, so thought I'd pop in before I go to bed. Still raining here, don't know where it's all coming from! Anyway nothing to report really, did a spot of ironing and that's about it. Exciting!

Stairs, wearing your track pants and sweatshirt to the meeting makes sense. We girlies have to play it cool, don't we? Anyway, bet you were comfy. Glad Sweetie seems to be better, which one of the Wiggles does she like? Home the new HHA fits in better with you all. I've never heard of Revenge, so maybe its not been shown over here yet. Hey and your blood pressure's good isn't it. Wonder what mine is now.

What's a sacred fire?

STEVE- Oooh errm!!!

Wow Slim, your son is rather fit! Bet your really proud of him. How old is he?

Glad you met up with Erica, hope you managed to cheer her up.

Hi Jo, Seems like diets are the thing this week, I think we're all at it. Are you doing any particular one? I'm doing Slimming World. Not going to a class, I've got all the books etc and I know what to do and I'm feeling quite motivated at the minute, so fingers crossed, I'll lose some weight.

Hi HFA, another one on the diet wagon. We should be able to lose a bit of weight now we're not drinking all those calories or so you would think.

Well that's it for tonight, going to bed very shortly.

Sleep well and I'll see you tomorrow

Big hugs

GX
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I had a wonderful time with Slim. So good to put a face to a name and to be able to be open and honest without any fear of judgement. I hope we can do it again in the future.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey Peeps.

I had a nice time meeting Erica. It was mutually beneficial. For me, who has been basically housebound for 2 months, it was very nice to get out and have an engaging conversation with someone. I really enjoyed it and hope we continue.

Stairs, good job on the BP. Heart health is probably one of the first concrete benefits of sobriety.

Love the pj stuff...I have a feeling we're going to get some mileage out of this. Steve, in the pj design contest, yours will be invisible!

HFA, the veggie juice thing is a very good one. Low in calories, high in vitamins and more fiber than fruit juice. I love virgin marys with a vegetable juice cocktail, even though I do need the calories.

Panacea and Grace...sounds like some fairly routine ho-hum days, which is entirely ok. Much better than drams days in my book.

NuWay, thanks for your caring and support.

I'm about a 5 or 6 on the scale of comfort with sobriety. I've had two wicked days in the last week with feeling completely out of it (derealization), plus I am dealing with both insomnia and crushing fatigue. With my doctor's appointment yesterday, the conversation centered on the most likely diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. Both my PCP have thought this to be the case for a few years now; it is diagnosed through a process of exclusion. I meet the revised diagnostic critieria; she said they want the lp as extra evidence. I want a diagnosis now, as the decline over the last year, and even more, the last 5 months has been to the point that I am currently disabled. I want to start on medications to stem any further precipitous decline.

It will probably be at least a month before I know anything on that front...a few weeks to get the procedure scheduled and then the csf analysis takes a while.

Keep up the good work, especially using this board for support. Like Erica and I were discussing today, getting and staying sober is not going to be a walk in the park. The beast can raise its head at any time and we here to support each other through the good times and bad. I have the utmost respect to those who were brave enough to reach out to us for help.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hey all,

In my PJs (sporting lovely green flower lounge pants, a tank top and a 2XL William and Mary sweatshirt - as I am writing this, I am coming to terms with how horrendous this must look - not quite the same visual as Steve) - glad everyone has had a good day and very jealous that Slim and Erica got together for coffee!

HFA - good to hear from you. A juice fast may be beyond my capabilities, but I admire you. How do you deal with the desire to eat stuff? I am simply counting calories - I have this app on my phone (Lose It!) that I log in everything. It is a little obsessive but is rapidly becoming a game. I have lost 2 lbs in 3 days so far.

Veggie - bake away - just don't eat it! I have never had a passion for sweets - cheese, bread, pasta, olives have been my thing.

Slim - Your son is gorgeous! What an athlete! You must be so proud of him! My son is a keeper too! He is playing 13U Classic soccer now, doing the ODP thing, etc.

Stairs - I am so glad Sweetie is feeling better! And fabulous news about your blood pressure....There was an article in the NYT a while back that discussed a study where the participants made one healthy change in their lives which precipitated a domino effect of other healthy changes (intentional and non-intentional).

Grace - I hope you are getting a good night's sleep and awake refreshed! Thank you (and everyone in this group) for welcoming in to the group so late in the month.

Not sure what I am going to do about Friday....the clock is ticking and I need to let the group know if I am going or not -- they are hiring a limo, going out to a swishy restaurant, and dancing. I am way too old for this silliness. Plus, I can't dance with the cast...I could just stand there and shake my bum, but I don't think that would be a good experience for anyone.

At any rate, I am thinking about all of tonight as I turn in. Talk to you all tomorrow.

xo Panacea
Old 09-26-2012, 07:15 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Shucks, Panacea--if I were you, I'd beg off just because of the cast/dancing. That's a neutral excuse to avoid going. Lots of us must share a similar trait: not too big on going out for nights like this. I know I'm not, either. Put yourself first.

Erica and Slim--how nice that you got to meet!

Stairs--happy that your BP is down to normal! That's another wonderful benefit of not drinking. I'm hoping my triglycerides will come down some.

Veggie, Pan, Grace, HFA--good luck with the diets. I admire you so much for taking that on. I know I'd be hard-pressed to work on a diet while so recently sober. But I know you all have tremendous strength. And perhaps more willpower than I have.

Slim, I can understand your wanting a definitive answer. Medical tests require so much waiting. And you're right about our journey together: it's not always going to be a smooth one. But we're in it for the long haul. PS--Your son is a hottie!

I hope everyone gets a good night's sleep and wakes up well and strong. I'm going to try out a new gun range tomorrow which can accommodate targets out to 300 yards and more. To be ready for that, I need to go put together some more ammunition. Reloading is almost as fun a hobby as shooting. I hope y'all don't think I'm too crazy! :camper:
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey all! Haven't checked in in a few.

My baby is doing fab, sleeping soundly in his swing at the moment.

I prayed and was patient about my job dilemma. I think it was truly just a symptom of me being irritable restless and discontent. I had a bad week and forgot all the good things about becoming a CPA. I forgot the flexibility and earning potential it will afford me so I can pursue all the fun things for me and my baby boy. Hair stylist is fab but hard physical work, and my psychology classes were easy for me but that's not a reason I should pursue it. I have to remember I am learning to live life on life's terms.

I'm way behind in my coursework and I am just realizing that this is an adjustment period for me. I am a new mother with a real job for once in her life with real demands and I cannot be a full time student concurrently. I may receive a low grade this term and take less classes next term and that is okay, I'm still learning and progressing.

I went to the courthouse yesterday to file for a custody agreement! My ex has agreed to sign full legal and physical custody over to me and he will still take the baby for a 3 day weekend every week. I am glad he is not fighting me although he is making me pay the courthouse fees But thats an example of one the reasons why I think it's in my baby's best interest to have me legally be his primary parent.

Without sobriety I have nothing. When I feel restless I will try to refer to my new motto, It might not be what I want, but it's what I got. It's what God gave me and I won't give it up. In time I will get everything I need.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds good to me LLG

The thing I learned Panacea is there'll always be another party - and it's ok to wait til you feel up to the challenge

D
Old 09-26-2012, 10:07 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Ugh. I'm up with Cole. He is having a nasty asthma attack. It's been a long time since he's had one. In fact I was beginning to wonder if he had outgrown his asthma. He sees his pulmonary doctor next week and I was thinking about canceling the appointment. Not anymore!

Panacea, nice job on losing weight! Keep up the good work. I think I'd skip the party. Your cast is the perfect reason to stay home or find something else to do that you would feel more comfortable in doing. Did I miss what happened that led to the cast?

NuWay2fly, have fun at the gun range. How does one put together ammo? I am very much an idiot when it comes to guns.

LLG, it sounds like you have really made progress in figuring out your career path. Good for you! And so glad your little one is doing well. I love your motto. It rings very true to me as well.

Slim, love the picture of your son. He's a great looking kid. I bet he gets that from his mom.

Steve, no pj's?? Nice!

Stairs, congrats on a normal BP, good stuff! I am with Grace, what's a sacred fire?? It makes me think of the scene from the movie The Proposal when Sandra Bullock's character see's Betty White's character and they chant and dance around the fire. I love that movie.

Grace, want to come here and do my ironing?? I stink at ironing.

Okay, I really should try to get some sleep. I think Cole might be out of the woods enough to try. Night everyone!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Day 40 just starting here...3 more days to go than I will equal my previous record for sobriety.....Just slurping my tea then I gotta nip the dog out quickly before I hit the school run...I'm proper sore this morning from my gym session last night but it really does feel great...Not a lot to do today and seeing as it's not raining I think me and the dog will get a big walk done later,maybe 2/3 hours,get out of the wife's hair for a while...Anyways gotta run...Catch you all later....Steve...
Old 09-26-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Quick check on the train, will read all posts later - it's a bit hard on my phone,

Erica - I hope Cole's over his asthma attack, x

x
Old 09-27-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Holy Snaps it's day 32 for me! I can pick up my next chip!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations LLG

D
Old 09-27-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Good morning all

Day 40!!! Woohoo' High 5 Steve! Ta Daaa!

Well it's not raining this morning ( yet) and I have a couple of hours to myself. Oh the joys! My little g.son is at nursery today all day. I've got to pick my g.daughter up from pre school at 11 .45 and then the oldest g.son up from school at 15.15, but for now, the world is my oyster!! I've bought myself a new crock pot and I'm going to make a chilli in it after I've finished on here. I've been invited to a coffee morning this afternoon( ha ha it's an all day one, I've not lost the plot). It's to raise money for the local hospice so I'm going to call in for an hour with the g.daughter. Hope she behaves, she's like Tantrum Tessie at the moment!

Erica, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your meeting with our Slim, sounds like it did you both good and you sound more positive today. Poor Cole and poor you, it's been one thing after another for you lately hasn't it? Thank goodness you didn't cancel that appointment.

Slim, that was a lovely post, very meaningful. Sounds like your meeting with our Erica did you good too. It's good to have a change of scenery sometimes rather that looking at the same four walls day in, day out.

My thoughts will be with you today. The sooner you get confirmation of what you have the better, then you know exactly what you're looking at and start getting whatever treatment is necessary. That constant fatigue and insomnia is so debilitating. Keep us informed and it there is anything I could do to help I will.

Panacea, your outfit sounds delightful, really classy and on trend! I'm not keen on sweet things either, bread, cheese, pasta, olives, mmmm my idea of heaven! As for Friday, you have the perfect excuse with your cast, it's the truth, you don't have to tell any fibs, just lay it on a bit, say it chaffs and is a bit uncomfortable ( I bet it is anyway).

Nuway, enjoy your day on the gun range. I don't think you're crazy at all, I bet it's a really good stress booster. There are one or two people I would like to imagine I was having a shot at ( ha ha).

And you're right, this journey isn't an easy one. but it's a worthwhile one and one we will achieve together! No pain, no gain!

LLG, big congratulations on reaching day 32.. Another good post from you. I have a mental image of your baby in his crib, bless him.
I can tell you've put a lot of thought into your career dilemma and I think you will be making the right decision. Security is important, especially with the responsibilities of being a parent. It's really hard work being a new mum and juggling a home and a job. Don't worry too much about getting a low grade, like you said you can do it again, you have all the time in the world, you're only young.. I admire you.
That's really good news about your ex giving you custody of your son, it must be a weight off your mind and at least too you will be getting a break each week, plus your baby will enjoy the benefits of having both parents. xx

Hi Steve
Your poor dog, I feel sorry for him, you dragging him out in this cold weather for 2-3 hours at a time. It's a wonder he doesn't hide when he hears you getting his lead.

Hi Jo, I hope all is okay with you. I guessed you were in work and using your phone. Look forward to hearing from you later.

Well, that's it for now, I'd better go and get dressed, hmm, what to wear, what to wear! Don't want to waste this precious couple of hours. Catch up again later.

Stay safe, be strong

Big hugs

Gxx

Just for today I will have a programme, I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests, hurry and indecision.