Notices

Class of August 2012 Part 4

Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi, everybody. It's a lazy Saturday morning for me. But my sis and I are heading over to Mom's in a little while to make her lunch and do a little housekeeping. We're having a touch of English weather today! Not cool, but a light rain--very much needed.

Thanks for the good wishes for my 30 days. And I agree that being part of the family here is definitely helping me stay the course.

Grace, I'm so sorry your yesterday was such a challenge. Bless your heart, and this is why I'll always think taking care of kids is the toughest job in the world. You know, you are very aptly named, my dear. You demonstrate nothing but grace here and in your daily life. Very proud to know you. (hug)
And sorry you didn't sleep through the night. With as busy as you are today, you should have no trouble tonight, I hope.

Pan, I think you made the best of your Friday night dilemma. Something was nagging at you to not back out totally, so going for dinner but skipping the dancing was a nice compromise. It's hard to say no to some social invitations, but it gets easier with a little practice and with age.

Stairs, it sounds like you're having a similar issue. And I commend you for heeding your instincts and true voice. Plus I want to have dinner at your house! LOL Don't worry about expressing how you feel to us--we're all gonna need a little rant now and then.

Jodie--Hooray for handling the wine situation with aplomb! Forgive me for not remembering, but does your hubby know you have quit? I'm a bit in awe of what you do in the water. You must be seriously fit.

Erica, Veggie, Steve, Slim, MHP, Dee--I hope you are all doing well and having a wonderful Saturday. Same to you, WTH and lfh: and good to hear from you both.

HFA--Sorry about your headache. I hope you're feeling better soon.

All right, I better get cracking and get some chores done. Love to all, XO
Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Very quick hi

Erica, I hope you're okay. Try to remember to take some time out for yourself today. Easier said than done I know with everything that goes on in your life, but even if it's only half an hour, have some Erica time!
HFA, hope the headache's cleared and you have a good night tonight.

Hi Nuway, hope your mum's okay and enjoyed her lunch. Bet she loves seeing you and your sister. Wish I had a sister, I feel sooo deprived!! Please feel free to take as much of our rain as you look, wish I could post you some!

Thank you for those kind words, I used to be a disgrace you know! I am tired now so fingers crossed! If he's snoring again tonight like last night and you see on 'Breaking News' tomorrow that someone was suffocated with a pillow, well don't tell em who it was!! Only joking, honest!

Catch up again later, hoping to chill out tonight, bath, pretty p.j's ( I shamed myself last week!) and the X factor! Oh I so need to get out more. Lol.

Gxx
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Three quarters of the way through day 42 and all is well....Had a fantastic gym session at lunchtime today and even my dad commented on how much weight I was lifting today...I really did throw myself into and my shoulders and legs are gonna pay the price for it tomorrow...Before I hit the gym I took the wife and kids to do a little shopping and I also ate a really nice hot pork sandwich,it really was nice and there was that much pork on it,it probably had 800 calories in it,perhaps that's why I had such a good workout...Any hows I have just got back from an hour long walk with the dog and because I have eaten well all week I might treat myself to a fish and chip dinner as I am starving....Then I'm gonna chill out for the remainder of the evening and probably get myself to bed early even though it is the weekend....Tomorrow will be day 43 and that equals my previous record for sobriety...Any ways that's enough of me banging on...I hope everyone has/is having a great Saturday....Take care all...Steve...
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey SR family,

Rainy, rainy day here - with thunder and lightning. One of my dogs is thunderstorm phobic and he is having a terrible time.

I am catching up to you all - when I go to sleep tonight, I will have 30 days under my belt! Unbelievable! I have you all to thank for the support which has powered my resolve. LSC1 - I had the same thoughts running though my head last night and there was no way I was drinking!

Take care everyone! xoxo Panacea
Old 09-29-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Hi again family

Had a lovely bubble bath, all pj'd up, watched the X Factor and now listening to the neighbours having a cracking fight!! Not that I want to listen to them, they are so loud we have no choice. Great Saturday night entertainment, better than t.v any day!! Ha ha.
Sounds like you had a very productive day Steve, how could you possibly fit in a fish and chip dinner after eating 800 cals at lunch time?? I'd be like Bessie Bunter! Just think, on Monday, you will have a new record, I think you've cracked it now!

Panacea, 30 days Woo hoo hope your rain soon clears, we've had plenty of it over the last few days, however after watching the news and seeing the state Spain is in at the moment with the flash floods it makes me realise how lucky we are.

We all seem to be on a roll at the moment, were pretty much all at the same level, give or take a few days, so lets keep it up!

Night night ( though I may be back later)

Gxx
Old 09-29-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Good morning All

Well my battle with wanting a drink did not end as easily as I wanted it to last night.

I was so tired when I went to bed.. when I finally got there..my hubby was snoring like a chainsaw....my neighbours were partying hard....my body ached all over amd everytime I closed my eyes all I could see was big green waves.....man I wanted to drink to knock me out.

Thank God I got on SR chat when I got up. My SR friend Koala a fellow Aussie was a Godsend just listening and talking me through my thoughts.

Anyways I opted for some phernergen washed down with chamomile tea...I don't like phernergen as I always wake up feeling like I have a hangover grrrrrrrrrr.

Nuwaytofly I have yet to say to my hubby I am never drinking again ....I am still trying to get my own head around that concept...he is used to me not drinking much when I go out anyway...especially when I am training...last night was unplanned so I just couldn't find the right time to say to him "I'm not drinking wine tonight"...we were at the table ordering drinks that quickly...

So day 49 starts with a phernergen hangover....I would have been gutted had I drank last night Grace...

Thank God for SR chat and you guys ...my cyberspace conscience...for helping me keep dry one day at a time.

Cheers All
Jodie
Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Day 43 just starting,it's only 08.10 am and I really want a drink...Spent all night rowing with the wife and today I don't feel any better.....
Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know that's one of your triggers Steve - stay focused mate - drinking never solves anything...

stick close to us

D
Old 09-30-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Steve, stay strong, as Dee says drinking won't solve anything.

ps congrats to you (and Grace) on six weeks yesterday, don't throw that away,

x
Old 09-30-2012, 02:06 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Steve stay with us please. Come chat on chat Steve
Old 09-30-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Well I had a marathon sleep last night and I could still sleep some more! Husband has gone to work and I'm just having a cup of tea, of course, before starting on a bit of housework.

LSC1, so you've got one that snores like a chainsaw, I've got one that sounds like a road drill, honestly if he's in bed and I'm downstairs I can hear him!! I'm so glad you didn't cave last night, you can't let 49 days go to waste. Thank God for S.R, I've never been on chat, but I will give it go sometime, it's handy to know it's there when the A.V voice starts pecking your head. It tends to creep up on us when we're tired, run down,
or stressed, so we need to be aware. A few of us have struggled over the last couple of weeks and it does appear to happen when we get to a certain stage in our sobriety, it's like the A.V says to itself, 'Oh no she's serious about it this time, let's see what I can do to spoil things'. Don't let it Jodie, you're worth more! xxx

Morning Jojo, hope you enjoyed your day yesterday and hope you have a good one today too.

Big hugs

Gxx
Old 09-30-2012, 02:58 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey Steve

We're on day 43 now, your previous record, tomorrow you will have broken it so you need to get through this day and you know you can. Also tomorrow is 01 October, so another month we've seen out, we can say we stopped drinking two months ago!!!

I know arguing is stressful and makes you think 's*d it, I may as well drink, who cares,' but you know it makes things ten times worse and will cause even more arguments. Look at the pain I went through the last 6 weeks, it really isn't worth losing it all for the sake of a few drinks. Look how far you've come, how you've worked to get yourself fit, how proud your dad must be of you, you can't let all that go to waste now.

All couples argue, you can't live with someone day in, day out without having the occasional ding-dong, but drinking wont solve anything. Take the dog out on one of your marathons, keep yourself mega busy, go for a run, but please don't drink. I need you here with me on our day 50 next Sunday. You can do this Steve, you;re strong!

Lots of love

Gxx
Old 09-30-2012, 03:02 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Steve, keep posting on here, get on here today as much as you can. Stick with us.

xx
Old 09-30-2012, 03:07 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Just for today I will try to live through this day only and not try to tackle my whole life problems at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I thought that I had to do it for a lifetime.
x
Old 09-30-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Steve, I'm with you, my friend. Pulling for you, having faith in you, knowing that you can get through this and come out even stronger after it's over. Remember, it's not you that wants a drink. It's the Beast that lurks and waits to pounce when we feel weakened or stressed. Stay close, Steve. I'm praying for you.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys...I'm back,still sober and I'm going to stay sober...Dee is right,arguing with the wife is a huge trigger for me and I always cope with it by drinking...Last night I wanted a drink so bad but forced myself through it,but today when I woke up I still really wanted a drink...I took the dog out but still wanted a drink and I really wanted to go to the shop and get a crate of beer...But instead I took my 8 month old daughter for a good two and a half hour walk and managed to calm down some...Whilst I was walking I decided I didn't want to drink because 1,I didn't want to let you guy's down...2,I didn't want to let myself down...3,I didn't want to undo all the hard work I have been doing in the gym...4,If I drank I would be hungover tomorrow therefore I would drink tomorrow and 5,I really don't want to go through all that sh1t again.....So guy's panics over...I'm back,calm and I'm ready to take on the world again...Once again,many many thanks for your post's of support,you guy's really are great.....Steve....
Old 09-30-2012, 06:09 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Phew!

Thank God for that Steve. Just one thing in your points above, you've got no.1 and no. 2 the wrong way round! 1. You don't want to let YOURSELF down! You didn't, you did yourself proud!

No one promised us that this journey would be easy,you today, could be me tomorrow, but whatever, I know you'll all be here for me. Together we can do it!

Gxx
Old 09-30-2012, 07:01 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Yay Steve. Phew!!!
Good to win another bout with temptation.Isn't it
Cheers
Jodie
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
One Foot in Front of the Other

Hi all! Mid-morning on Day 35 here. Thankfully the week went out with a whimper for me, rather than the bang with which it started. I've spent the latter part of the week catching up on some things around the house, reading, and resting. The weekend so far has been much of the same. I had my outpatient treatment session last night. The assignment was to do a collage of my life, which google images actually makes pretty easy and a little fun! I again earned some praise for my work, as well as the resultant honest discussion, and with the 10th lesson down I'm now officially 1/3 of the way through treatment.

Stevie, special thoughts going to you today. Fighting with my wife was one of my main triggers as well. Unfortunately for me (well, really for both of us) the fighting always intensified when I was drunk. So it became a downward spiral of drinking and arguing. You've come so far, I know you can do this without giving in to temptation!

Hope everyone is doing well today! I'll check in more later, but in the meantime, have a happy, safe, and sober day!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Glad to hear it Steve! You're a day ahead of me and I want it to remain that way.

Things are going okay around here. I did have a few moments with M (the ex) that ticked me off/hurt my feelings.
I ended up refusing to speak to him until he could say something nice and positive about me. So he did, and we are okay now.
He says he is just a ball buster, and I don't know how to take it.
I told him to blow me. LOLOL.

Maybe am too sensitive to his feedback but I can't help but notice how it is mostly negative. Must get more people into my life to provide a buffer zone. He is taking me out to get car speakers today. Which was decided before the above scenario occurred. lol.

Sweetie seems to be doing better. No visit to the B today, they cancelled family day as most people are away at a retreat.
The planetarium just reopened this weekend so we will hopefully check that out next visit.

Hope everyone is having, or had, a nice Sunday.