Old 09-18-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WantToHeal View Post
WOW...congrats, stairs! Well done!!!
x2!!! Nice work stairs. Proud of you.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Stairs

Well done you on 30 days I've been very optimistic today and joined the one year and under group! The meditation walk sounds fab, really inpirational, I would be into something like that. I just love walking.

What does Sweetiewant for her birthday? Has she given you any ideas?

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your day.

Gxx
Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey classmates just thought I would check in now as I have to take my son to his karate lesson soon...Had a good day today,ate plenty,walked the dog a bit,ate some more,went shopping,ate some more,did the school run and then yep you guessed it,I ate some more....Could really do with an early night tonight as I'm so tired but I wont get back from karate till 9pm....Many many congrats to stairs for hitting 30 days,it feels great doesn't it stairs????...Tomorrow will be officially a month for me as I'm counting from the 19th of last month to the 19th of this month....The weather is getting a wee bit chilly round here but I refuse to wear a coat unless it goes below 5 degrees celsius as I'm trying to toughen my body up for the winter months...Lol the wife thinks I'm crazy when I take the dog out and its raining or everyone says its cold and there's me just walking around in a tee shirt....That's the great thing about being sober,I keep setting myself different challenges that other folk think are crazy....Anyways that's enough of me banging on and I'll check back in later or in the morning...I hope everyone has a great evening/day...Take care class....Steve....
Old 09-18-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey classmates it's a bit quite in here tonight...I hope all you fine folks are doing ok...I'm off to bed now so catch you all tomorrow...Night Night all....Steve..
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
HFA

Stairs...Congrats on the 30 days!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations from me too Stairs

D
Old 09-18-2012, 03:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ebshot View Post
x2!!! Nice work stairs. Proud of you.
X3!! Way to go Stairs! Well done!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I called my new sponsor tonight. Phew. She is really easy to talk to and it sounds like we'll be a good fit. She gave me an assignment to start working on step 1. She also said that it took her a year to fully grasp step 1. That made me feel so much better as it seems like everyone around me flew past step 1 and I am still at it. She also encouraged me to call another member. I know I need to get past this but I just hate the phone. So maybe I'll text someone and call it good. But that is probably not what she meant.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations Stairs on 30! And an early congratulations to Stevie on a month tomorrow! This is fantastic!
Erica, I am glad you and your sponsor are simpatico and that you are feeling comfortable with the process...it is hard not to be competitive - even in recovery!
LLG - your soup sounds lovely! I have been a cooking demon as well...I have always enjoyed food and cooking and even held the delusion that I was a great cook/foodie -- ironically, my skills had seemed to left me since I stoped drinking -- either that or the liquor/wine made everything taste better than it really was. My family has been fairly patient with my culinary misteps.....thank goodness.
WTH - like you, I have been busy with work and but running on empty due to insomnia. Sleep is getting a bit easier - but I am still waking up multiple times a night. Work is crazy and I have several projects coming due in a few days that are fairly important. Crossing my fingers that all goes well. Thank goodness I am not longer fuzzed out with alcohol. hopefully my work will also show new clarity.
Although I have not been posting, I have been reading and cheering you all on. You all are ever present in my mind as I go about my day. I feel so fortunate to have found this group and feel as if we are on a journey.

Take care all - Panacea
Old 09-18-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

ps - also congrats Pippa and HFA on 29 and 25 as well!!!!! and Eric on 43! I am in awe of you all! Panacea
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Peeps:

I'm still here, just quiet.

Stairs, good job on 30 days!!!

Steve, one month! Another milestone!

I hope everyone is doing well, and that some are being quiet like me, but still sober.

Slim
Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

"A little enlightened paranoia will keep you out of danger"

Sorry my mom just said this and I had to post it somewhere.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Good morning to you all.

Didn't get chance to log on last night as the other half was doing something on the lap top and by the time he'd finished it was a bit late. Anyway, I'm fine, slept quite well and didn't want to get up this morning. The mornings are getting dark and I could'nt believe it was 06.30 when the alarm went off. The weather is quite cool too, it's not raining at the minute but I'm sure it will. Unlike Steve, I am wearing my cardi, socks, boots and have a coat in my car ( I do have other clothes on as well! Wouldn't want to put anyone off their porridge! lol). In work and at the top of the hill.
Hi Steve, no doubt you've already eaten this morning! I agree with your wife, you are crazy ( but in a nice way) it's bloomin perishing here. Mind you I am very nesh, I'm the one that sits on the beach and puts my cardi on at the first sign of a breeze!

Erica, it does sound as if you've found the right sponsor for you and that's brilliant. As I've said before, I'm not keen on making calls to people I don't know either, so I would probably text the other member, then maybe calling them if I got a reply. I'm such a wimp. Really, when you think about it the other member has been where you are and would probably be delighted to get a call!
Panacea, it's so good to hear from you. The sleep will get better. I'm sure your work projects will go well all the more so for you being clear headed. I think we are all on a journey together too, the journey of life!
Hi Slim, good to hear from you too. I hope all is well in your world. Give us an update when you get chance. xx
LLG6_ A very deep quote there from your mum. I'll have to think about that one! Have a good day. Hope the baby is feeling better.

Love to you all.

Big hugs

Gxx

Just for today I will be unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to m e.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning! I didn't end up calling or texting anyone last night. I'm sure I'll get in "trouble" but that is fine. I ended up writing in my journal last night. I bought it the first week of my sobriety but haven't written in it. It was nice to get my feelings out and on paper. I am going to try to write in it nightly. We'll see how I do.

Slim, good to hear from you.

Grace, I'm always cold too. Even in the summer I have a sweatshirt near by.

WTH, what's going on with you this week?

Panacea, good luck at work. I hope it all goes smoothly.

Nuway2fly, how have you been?

LLG, How's your little one feeling? We have had a lot of sickness around here.

Steve, how's your pup doing?

Today I am going to exercise. I might go for a run. We'll see but I need to start eating well and lose some weight. I also am going to start my writing assignment. I also need to go and make some copies and get an application for services in the mail for Cole.

Have a great sober day everyone.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:22 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Halfway through Day 32 and all is well...I couldn't check in this morning as the forum seemed to be down...Anyhow's I was meant to hit the gym this morning but my dad let me down so I have ended up doing nothing apart from the school run and stay and play at school with my daughter for an hour...I had a good walk with the dog and spent the rest of the day so far eating lol...The weather is proper cold today but it's quite sunny so I'm still walking around in just a tee shirt...Just about to do the school run again then cook pizza's for our dinner tonight....Also tonight is homework night so that'll keep me busy with the kids for a while....I'll check back in later...Hope everyone is well....Take care....Steve...
Old 09-19-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that everyone seems to be doing well.
At the meetng last night a fellow who has been on the volunteer fire dept for about 14 years was talking about some of the alcohol-related car wrecks that he has responded to through the years. Pretty graphic stuff but a wake-up call for me. I have driven drunk so many times it is amazing that I haven't killed myself or someone else. I'm very grateful that I don't have to do that today.

Have a wonderful sober day ya'll....
Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

Hi

Thanks HFA, ebshot, Grace, stevie, WTH, nuway, Panacea, Slimslim, and Dee for the congratulations on a month! I got my keytag, it is bright orange like roadworker orange? and I put it on my keys this morning in place of the white one.

stevie, I walked yesterday with an umbrella which I sometimes used as a wind shield, it began raining more heavily with some gusty wind when I was about ten minutes into the walk. But, I like that sort of thing.

ebshot, I see nothing wrong with starting out with a text, you are still reaching out.

Bruce, Ugh, I attended a "victim impact panel" a few years ago which featured 2 speakers, one a guard there at the courthouse who had lost his daughter aged 19 to a drunk driver and the other a woman who had lost her ability to walk and other health issues ongoing as a result of the whole incident, it really is horrible and I like you am very fortunate never to have experienced it from either side.

LLGold, I like what your mom said. We used to say, "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you". Lol.

Grace, glad you are wearing more than sweater and boots as I imagine that would be rather chilly lol. For Sweeties birthday, I got some cute socks that say "rock star" and the like, some just colorful, 6 pair, and a princess song book that has a keyboard built in with the notes written on the keys, a couple pretty necklaces, a couple dvds from her dad and he is looking for an mp3 player or something. She has a quarter sized Yamaha acoustic guitar and is pretty good. She has also been known to provide the entertainment singing into the cafeteria mic at school lunch time...lol. She's a real character, had the principal giving her gum and the counselor up dancing around her office....lol....she has Downs Syndrome and is a trip and a half.
I will make her cake tomorrow while she is at school- chocolate with chocolate confetti frosting- then we are picking up our older daughter and all going to a candlelight meeting.

Soooo things are okay, the meeting sort of s*cked actually but sometimes it's like that. My ex offered to stay home and let me go to the meeting tonight where usually he insists on going and I stay home. The home health aide who comes over leaves at 8 so I have to be back before then...btw she is driving me crazy and I know it's more me than her...so I'm glad I get to escape again tonight and hit the meeting.
Thursday I take my car in to get an estimate so soon I will have my own wheels back and can just escape to the bookstore or whatnot for an hour to get away from hha who I like but also sort of resent, another woman in my kitchen etc. When I was drinking it was great. lol. Now I'm getting soberer and it's starting to be...not so great.

Sorry for the ramble.

K I am off to finish my coffee and walk. Sleep wasn't the greatest last night so I'm not into it too much but doing it anyway.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi again

Just a quick lunch time visit. Went for a brisk walk, the weather has cheered up but it's still cold.

Hi Steve, shame you had to give the gym a miss today, but at least you did get some excercise with Troy.

Bruce, good to hear from you. Glad all is well. I bet that talk was a real eye opener. Makes you think of the devastation we could create!

Erica, I like the idea of keeping a journal, may try that myself.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Catch up later

Gxx
Old 09-19-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi Stairs

you must have been posting same time as me! Get you getting an orange Key tag! Well done.

Aw, I bet Sweetie will love those gifts, how old is she? I bet she's a little sweet heart, D.S children are so affectionate. I hope she doesn't have too many health issues.

I couldn't be doing with another woman in my kitchen either, it would drive me screwy. You'll be much better when you get your car sorted, I don't go far in mine, work and back, town and back, school and nursery runs, shopping and that's it, but it;s my independance!

Anyway, best go, the boss is about,

See you laters

Gx
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

At approximately 2:00 p.m. MST today I will offically be 30 DAYS SOBER!!!