View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
LiveLikeGold6
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey all! Haven't checked in in a few.

My baby is doing fab, sleeping soundly in his swing at the moment.

I prayed and was patient about my job dilemma. I think it was truly just a symptom of me being irritable restless and discontent. I had a bad week and forgot all the good things about becoming a CPA. I forgot the flexibility and earning potential it will afford me so I can pursue all the fun things for me and my baby boy. Hair stylist is fab but hard physical work, and my psychology classes were easy for me but that's not a reason I should pursue it. I have to remember I am learning to live life on life's terms.

I'm way behind in my coursework and I am just realizing that this is an adjustment period for me. I am a new mother with a real job for once in her life with real demands and I cannot be a full time student concurrently. I may receive a low grade this term and take less classes next term and that is okay, I'm still learning and progressing.

I went to the courthouse yesterday to file for a custody agreement! My ex has agreed to sign full legal and physical custody over to me and he will still take the baby for a 3 day weekend every week. I am glad he is not fighting me although he is making me pay the courthouse fees But thats an example of one the reasons why I think it's in my baby's best interest to have me legally be his primary parent.

Without sobriety I have nothing. When I feel restless I will try to refer to my new motto, It might not be what I want, but it's what I got. It's what God gave me and I won't give it up. In time I will get everything I need.

I hope everyone is doing well!