Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 3

Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Trying to catch up, I accidentally skipped a whole page, somehow! Sorry if my post was a bit out of order.

WWG: I too fear "feeling good" - I fear over-confidence will trip me up! But, as long as we're aware of it, we know to be extra careful.

SFMS: sounds like you've come back from a tough life - you ARE strong. You have proof of it. I know you're new in town, and small towns can be...insular. My town was, anyhow (everyone was related to everyone; I was born there, but my parents weren't, and I still felt like an outsider). I hope your town isn't that bad. Or maybe it was my perception. Have you met anybody yet? Any of the other moms? Children can be a good conversation-starter. Children make friends so easily; maybe we could learn from them!

Evan: I feel tired, too. Tired AND restless, which is a strange combination. Like a lot of us here, I think a lot of it is worry that I won't make it much longer, that I'll give in. Comforting to know a lot of people felt this way, and just kept going...and are still going.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

New to the class of september

Hi All, I am on day 3 again. Been in AA for a long time in and out. I can't believe how mind crazy addictions make you. It kicks you butt. I quit for several months then thought I could control my drinking by only drinking on weekends. What was I thinking? It has become more work than its worth, thats for sure. I recently became tired of the don't drink during the week, then drink on the weekend. Its driving me crazy, honestly even cutting down, I feel like crap the next two days after the weekend, have the anxiety, no sleeping, bad dreams then count the days until the weekend. I don't want that anymore. I was a daily drinker of wine, was a high functioning alkie for at least 10 years possibly 20. Today day 3 has been hard one for me, as usual. I worked out, went to a meeting and talked to someone from AA. I still felt anxious.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to the thread Hope22

D
Old 09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Feeling so angry tonight. Really raging about having to change everything.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Welcome Hope 22! Glad you are here...
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I had a great therapy session today. Feeling good on day 4, having a coffee instead of a beer. Going to watch football sober, and that is okay. **** luck to all of you.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Eli - I get it. I went to the grocery store and had to walk past the wine. I started to feel sad instead of angry - like I missed my old friend. It sounds silly now, but it did NOT sound silly at the time. I was really remorseful!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Benice, I know exactly what you mean! I work in a restaurant and while I haven't really been craving alcohol at work, I get so envious watching people just having a meal, sipping a glass of wine and it's not an issue for them.

At least I know I'll be grateful in the morning I didn't drink. Trying to focus on what I'm gaining rather than losing but it can be tough!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think some changes are good Eli - I know the instinctive reaction is to resist...but go with the changes

what kind of luck WWG? lol

D
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Oops, good luck, typo
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Yeah, change is good but I still resist!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Thought I'd pop in and update. I'm not much of a social guy and rarely "share" anything personal. I've always been more of a lurker, a wallflower, someone who keeps quiet and doesn't really know how or feel the need to express myself. All that used to be remedied by the drinking. Now, I just feel like a mute.

Either way, day 8 and still haven't drank. September 6th was my first sober day and I'm really happy I've made it this far, yet at the same time extremely nervous. I FEAR drinking. I know I don't want to drink. I know I want to be sober. But I've been through this road before and no matter how awesome and motivated I've felt, one day down the line something would change or click and I'd find myself at the bar. This time I hope that day never comes.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

The key is to make sure you never follow through on those bad ideas ideatrack - have support, reach out, and make plans for what to do if you ever do find yourself in a vulnerable situation.

Even sitting in a bar it would not be too late to make the right decision

In the old days I'd say 'oh well x has happened...I have the opportunity to drink...may as well'

I can't afford to do that anymore...I have to make other decisions...sometimes that's uncomfortable, sometimes it's a lot of work...but it's worth it

D
Old 09-13-2012, 06:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

hope22: I totally feel for the pattern you're describing. I'd quit for months, feel like I had control, and decide to drink on weekends or only when I'm out with friends or whatever. It took so much energy and brain space to go back and forth. I felt like my whole life was either drinking or waiting to drink. Sick of it. And I never had control, not really. I'm glad you're here.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Goodnight all....been a long day. But tomorrow will be day 3. Thank God.

Sleep well.....
Old 09-13-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Struggling after today...conditional love I have no place for and let me tell you all...the consequences are NOT worth it. Dont let this sh*t ruin your life like I have...seriously...fight that f**ker cause it ain't worth it
Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Administrator

Whatever is going on DB - remember drinking won't fix it.

There's a lot of support here - a lot of people hereabouts who care about you.
I hope you'll let us help

D
Old 09-13-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

DB, hang in there. Maybe it will help to go back and read some earlier posts. What ever you are going through hurts. I feel your pain right now and it hurts. Sending prayers! Drinking won't help. Hope you can resist...
Old 09-13-2012, 08:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Somebody threw grease on that slippery slope I was on yesterday...oh wait...maybe it was me. Nobody to blame but myself. I threw away a solid week of sobriety tonight...I was doing so good...I AM HATING ME RIGHT NOW!!
Old 09-13-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Sorry bout your slide Jaz. Get a good nights rest and tomorrow you can dust it off and blaze forward.

I really hope you're ok DB. I'm worried.

Good night all. Sending out lots of prayers...