Notices

Class Of September 2012 Part 3

Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think a certain amount of up and downness is to be expected Phoenix, but I've never experienced any depersonalisation like that, so I have no experience to share.

If you're worried by any of this, I think it's always good to see a Dr and get a professional opinion.

D
Old 09-17-2012, 09:25 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Mirrorman GOOD JOB!!!

DB, the soup turned out pretty good! Sending you a cyber-bowl of it.

Phoenix, the emotional turmoil sounds like "normal" detox stuff to me. It should get easier. Sending good thought your way and congrats on day 6! And yes, don't hesitant to see a dr. They are there to help.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:23 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning everyone, welcome to the nubes :-).

I had to go to the chiropractor last night so didn't get on here much.

I will catch up later. Hope you're are all doing well today.

Day 17.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:10 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning all(in the UK),

Day three now for me and not feeling as bad as I expected, perhaps thats my mind playing tricks. Had a breakout of sweats yesterday and felt a bit panicked in public but slept ok, about 5 hours.

See how today goes, off for a bike ride.

Cheers.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 3 here also, feeling fine... have just polished off a full english breakfast nom nom...

Glad you are feeling ok Buzzz, say hello to Nottingham for me - I lived there for a few years and my son was born there
Old 09-18-2012, 01:22 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Great to see so many new people!

Just woke up to day 10 here. I have not spent 10 days sober since I was a teenager.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:26 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Day 2

Sun up in London...I really want to thank EVERYONE for welcoming me yesterday. I read posts for hours trying to absorb all the struggle and hard work and care that everyone puts in to surviving without booze. I felt empowered.

Then, bang on 6 pm I found myself being pulled by that wretched magnet and opening that bottle. I drank one glass of wine. Then thought about all of you - imagined you all staring in my windows shaking your heads and ...I stopped drinking. Chucked out the rest and felt calm. First night in a while I have gone to bed chuffed and SOBER. So I couldnt wait to share my (very imperfect ) start. I am off to exercise - a Zumba class and hope I can stay strong today.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Well done Figgy. x
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Finishing out Day 10... I told my mom, who's been staying with me, that I'm ready to be alone in my apt again. She's worried about me relapsing but I'm confident I won't, I'm starting to feel really good. Been eating well and working out, had a good session with my therapist today.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:59 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

What helps me is reminding myself that the "just one glass" does nothing for me. I don't get any relief unless I drink so much (10-15 drinks and beyond) that I'm surprised my body could even handle it. And then I just pass out and wake up to the same problems, only now with a hangover. What's the point? I'm finally coming up with some creative solutions to my life!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Day 21 here, 3 weeks. I go this far back in April and blew it on day 22 with one beer, which within about two weeks led me right back to where I began.
When faced with a craving, like you Amazon, I often consider how just one will make me feel and it's really not that appealing. Then I consider how I will feel when I wake up the next day, even if I only had one, I will hate myself, or rationalize it to myself. However I feel, I know it won't be as great as I have felt these past 21 days.
I do feel stronger each day, but I also can feel certain emotions and thoughts surfacing that I usually stuff and ignore with alcohol. I've lose about 8 pounds, but that too seems to have leveled off and I'm frustrated with that because I have quite a bit to lose. But I just keep reminding myself, that if I just stay sober, everything else will fall into place.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm off to bed, so time for another thread guys
Hope everyone has a great day

we continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D