# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class Of September 2012 Part 3

continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-19.html

D
Old 09-13-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Goodnight Dee! Thanks for all of your help & support!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Is anyone else scared of the looming weekend?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning..Day 2 for me..Feel good...

WWG ....great posts...glad you are doing so well and starting to feel better..

to everyone else...beginning of another day that we can get through...

Dee....Like Jaz said....THANKS for the help!

Jim
Old 09-13-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Good Morning..Day 2 for me..Feel good...

WWG ....great posts...glad you are doing so well and starting to feel better..

to everyone else...beginning of another day that we can get through...

Dee....Like Jaz said....THANKS for the help!

Jim
Thanks Jim. I hope you are well.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's to be afraid of? Grab your support system and trust that it works. If you don't have one, time to get one. That's what I find so beautiful about AA. It's there when I need it, provided I've got a meeting and phone list, and then use them.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Kelle - no fear. The weekend is a time to enjoy, relax, and do the things you love to do. And I agree with Fred, use your support system to get you through.

Woohoo- I'm officially starting Day 2. I woke up after working until 2:30 a.m., with a clean mind and no disgust in a slip from the prior day. SoberJim - I'll get through day 2 with you!

Jimuk - day 12. Good for you. And I agree with Eli. You know I look at people that have trained our society to hold our parents' "faults" if you want to call them against them at a later stage in life. My Dad is a bullheaded, opinionated, old bugger. He was the discipline giver as a child, and it was no "time our", it was a paddle to the butt (all cushion there anyway - but sure hurt at the time - more my pride I think). As a child, I loved him, but still had a fear of him. But, he loved me and I knew it. That's what mattered. That is why I love him to this day. He's still a bullheaded, opinionate old bugger. But, I have respect for him because he did the best he could to provide for us (with all his "faults", we all have them). My Dad loved his beer, borderline alcoholic. But, I'm with Eli - he never did anything so horrible that he doesn't deserve my love and respect. You are setting a good example now, and your child will see this over the years, and love you that much more for it.

Martin - yes welcome and congrats on Day 4! What is it about being healthy, and then all of a sudden we decide to destroy our bodies with alcohol? With my hidden bottles, it was straight pulls off a bottle of whiskey or vodka. Then I'd go on to make a nice salmon dinner, with swiss chard tossed with garlic and olive oil, a dinner salad, and a serving of wild rice. Have to eat healthy. I have to get back into working out. I"m fortunate with being a high strung functioning alcoholic that I've only put on a handful of pounds, but things have definitely gotten flabby. Excercise is so good for our minds, too. I always feel great afterwards. But, again welcome! And you weren't blabbing - we want you to post all your thoughts. That's the whole idea of this.

Yay DeepBreath - Day 3!!!!

Obladi - your posts are really awesome. Are you into journalism or writing? I like the analogy to an insect. Great way to think of it.

Evan - day 4- keep pushing!

WWG - congrats on your Day 4, too! And we are proud of you, too. I can't wait to see Day 4.

Mirrorman- Day 6 - fantastic!!!!

Sobrgrl - I agree we do have to stay sober now. It only makes us stronger as each event comes up. The weekend, the 4th of July festivities, vacations, etc. We will continue to see alcohol every where, and building the strength in our daily lives is worth it. You are right on.

Thanks Jaz - we think you are one of the strongest people we've met, too!

So, GoodMorning everyone! Feels good to come here and say bring on Day 2. I'm not having the best of mornings, but you know. It could be worse. I'll just deal with the minor glitches of the day, and come here if things get hairy.

Life is a journey, and only you hold the map.

Be well every one!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Today is my daughter's bday. I got up this morning clear headed and wrote her a special message on Facebook, with tears in my eyes. I've never done that before, usually because I was too self-absorbed or hungover. What other things have I missed doing over the years just because of alcohol?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning class! Day 8 here.

Marjoram – NICE RECAP! I want to ditto everything you just said.

Dee, thanks for the link yesterday to the urge surfing. I had it sort of right, but I didn’t do it justice in a few sentences. And I agree with everyone here that you are amazing. Thanks!

Soberbythesea- great train story! Love your resolve. Here’s to day 6!

Martin – welcome and stay strong for day 5!

Jimuk - day 12??? That’s terrific!

Yesterday, there were lots of posts about our kids – I want to second what elihoping said…despite all this, kids still love their parents. And no matter how old they get, they still need us. Heck, I’m over 50 and blessed to still have my mom to turn to! So yea, it’s not too late…

Stay strong! Peace…
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

IHEN - happy birthday to your daughter. I don't have kids as you probably know, but my animals are my kids. Yesterday I was pulling in the driveway after picking up parts for the shop I work for, and there were my dogs, all lined up waiting for me tails wagging. And I just teared up and thought about how many abused dogs, cats, children, etc. are out there, and how precious life is. And it made me think if it's so precious, I have to take care of my own by stopping this vicious cycle. Those tears you had were good tears. No more missing anything because of alcohol. It sure does rob us of some time, doesn't it?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

IHEN I hope your daughter has a great bday!

Day 12 here. About to make some coffee and get ready for work. I've been sleeping much better now compared to at first which is nice. Now to start eating a lil more healthy. Way too much candy lately for this girl.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats BoozeFree!!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Freaking out here. This god forsaken state I live in makes nothing possible. I just want to cry
Old 09-13-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What's wrong DeepBreath?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Marjoram/benice ....dont' forget me.....I'm tagging along for this ride as well. (Just kidding)....

There are lots of folks in this group. Like the support..

kelle96...I know what you mean..I made it through last weekend without a drink...It was not as bad as I though it might be..I am more concerned than scared..I think the trick is to make plans so you don't have a lot of time to think about it..

I will say this, I sleep so much better without alcohol in the system. So think of this week end as a time to get to down time and sleep.

Also...use SR and update how you are doing.

Jim
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DeepBreath2012 View Post
Freaking out here. This god forsaken state I live in makes nothing possible. I just want to cry
I am praying for you, and hope whatever it is works out.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marjoram View Post
What's wrong DeepBreath?
All consequences of my drinking. My own fault, yes, but gosh...try to do what is asked and get nothing but road blocks, bad news, and a total cluster f**k.

More details later...thanks for caring and your support.

Take it from me all...sobriety is the way to go. Your whole existence can be ruined by drinking and not just your health.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thinking of you DB, sending prayers your way!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi guys! Hey DB, so sorry.

I woke up at midnight freaking out and nuts and scared I was having a breakdown that I wouldn't be able to get over. I am still shaken. Really scared, and sick to death of this fear, and feeling lost and hopeless and like it will never go away and I will never feel safe again. It's frustrating!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Kelle, I do fear the weekends. Never thought I'd hear myself say that, I always lived for them before trying to get sober! FredG, thank you so much for your post. For me, the 'fear' comes from the lingering doubt I have in myself, worried that I won't have the strength or the willpower to stay sober. Afterall, I've given in soooo many times in the past. But I have made changes, SR being one of them. Finding that support system has made all the difference in the world!!