Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 4

Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Wow, milestones and yoga and seeing the doctor/therapist and sleeping well are busting out all over. Lovely to read all of you.

I had the same thought today about that woman - maybe she was me. She seemed to be about the same age, but she was in better shape and so... self-assured! Yeah, I think I recognize her. Thanks for the messages of self-determination and empowerment. It really is up to each of us, isn't it?

Hey, Emma - sup?

Sentso, MtnSeer, jhe, Katan - congratulations on your milestones. Way to go!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Wow! It's soooo quiet tonight on our thread. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. But I'll take it as good.

Sleep tight everyone...
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Dear all,

Your messages are much appreciated. Anyone experiencing mental and emotional constipation? I have, which is why I haven't been writing more. I feel clearer and more able, yes--but also vacant and without enthusiasms. I am guessing this is some issue of brain chemistry. I hope this phase ends sooner rather than later.

Mel
Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Morning all

WelcomeTiggy

TIG_maybe we should follow the dog's lead.................(no pun intended)

LWB-it was quiet!Usually I wake up to pages of posts-only a few this morning.I hope everyone has been out and about,busy doing great things

I'm feeling a little sad today as this will be my last proper post for over a week.going on hols in morning,no internet access so no SRHow did we ever manage without the internet!!!

Mel-I feel very vacant and lacking in enthusiasm still.Things seem so much of an effort and I have to force myself to do them.My logic is the more I do them the more 'normal' they will seem in my new routine and won't have to force it anymore.

Thanks NFW, Obladi & R4R

Katan-congrats on 5 weeks.Wishing you a wonderful time with your daughter.She will be so proud of you.does she know you've quit or will it be a surprise?

Hello Sentso-hope you are enjoying your hols

I shall miss you all my dear classmates.Stay strong,wishing you all the best and I'll be thinking of you.xx
Old 08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Marjoram - Do you ever plant anything in the fall? I'm seriously thinking about a planting of radishes in a couple of weeks. We could have a November harvest! Three weeks sober is awesome, by the way. I'm so grateful for the community here for helping me get there.

JHE - Way to go on 45 days!

Obladi - Dreams are interesting things, aren't they? I guess we're all climbing those walls to get to where we need to go. Hopefully we're tearing down a few of them along the way too!

Tiggy - I hope you're doing well and that you get some answers from the Doc.

Mtn - WTG on one month. That's awesome!

katan - Congrats on five weeks. Wow! Glad to read that your sleep is regulating, and hoping that I have that to look forward to. I'm about two weeks behind you. Last two nights, I start to flag around 9:30 or 10:00, but if I miss that short window, I'm up 'til the middle of the night! I can't keep doing that!

Mel - I had some fuzzy-headed days this past week, but the situation has improved lately. I've still got a way to go, but the mental state certainly does get better as we hang there.

lifewithout, R4R, and the rest of you, I love reading all of your stories and milestones. Best wishes to all!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:58 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning all

Have a super hols JHE and congrats on your 46 days! Are you staying in this country or are you going somewhere with more predictable (and nicer) weather?!
Totally understand what you mean about not underestimating the yoga. I did a few years ago, I was very much but my Nan does classes how hard can it be?!
Ha - very!

Hope things get better for you soon Mel (and you too JHE) I'm not looking forward to that part. Although tbh I feel vacant and lacking enthusiasm most the time these days anyway...

Hi LWB, glad you are coming to terms with things with your husband. You're right we do have to do this for ourselves only, good luck with exploring the AVRT thing more, let us know what you think. I find it really interesting, I seem to be taking bits and pieces from everywhere though LOL.

Obladi I had similar thoughts about your dream, maybe you leaving your old self behind to scale terrains as yet unknown... Exciting! I can't even remember my dream from last night so nothing to report from me there!

Wow congrats on 5 weeks Katan, that's amazing! Enjoy having your daughter home

How are you getting on Sarah? We're on the same day now I think? I thought today I'd be leaping out of bed full of energy. Hmmm not quite, I have an odd wading through treacle feeling this morning.

Thanks Blueshades and congratulations on your 3 weeks today!

Good luck to you too Marjoram back in the early days with us (I think?) Still catching up on everything... the rollercoaster smilie definitely sums it up eh?!

Hope you're feeling a lot better today mj4m

How are you getting on Tiggy?

Sentso - Congratulations on your month!! That is so fantastic, especially with the obsatcles in your way that I know I certainly wouldn't have coped with facing in the early days!

A month for you too MtnSeer! That's so amazing, everybody is doing so well!

Thanks TIG and well done on getting through a difficult night before last. A good way of thinking I'll keep that one in mind.

R4R congrats on how well you are doing, you've had a complete transformation, it's great to read all the positives.

NFW - well done on your 30 too! Wow you have all been doing so amazingly well!

I THINK that is me caught up now... (and breathe)... It's looking like we have only light rain forecasted for today, so I'm heading out with the kids to one of two country parks that are near by, son was under strict instructions not to stay on his xbox until silly oclock last night and be up at a decent time - i.e before midday!! Hopefully that will wear DD out and I can have some peace later!
I've pretty much made plans until Monday to see me through the first week again. I'm feeling ok, apart from groggy still (does the term groggy stem from drinking grog? probably!) It's next week when the hard work will have to begin as that has always seemed to be my weak point according to pattern.

Right more tea then up and off

Have a great Thursday everybody and a great week for you JHE!

Apologies in advance for the HUGE post. Just wanted to catch up with everybody. Done now
Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
kiddo

Hey guys just checking in. Haven't busted, just been busy. One of my friends relapsed last night so trying to look out for him. Not sure what to do about it, have told him to tell his parents and if he is sober to come to meetings. Beyond that it's up to him.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Emma!! I knew I would have missed somebody! I only went back 2 pages so apologies. It's great to see that you are doing so well and being so strong. Sorry to hear about your friend. I think all you can do is be there for him and he'll make a decision in his own time about his recovery. Take care
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

just checking in - the Doc was great I know him very well, he suspected i had a problem, knows hubby well too. we had a long chat Im going to see him every week for a while with someone keeping an eye on me I feel that I can do it. Ive got to have some blood taken scared to death about the result!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:50 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks MTN-just off to the Yorkshire coast.Praying for sun!!

Great to have you back.x
Old 08-16-2012, 02:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Thanks hun I'll be sure to do some sun dances for you! We're just heading out now... it's looking decidedly iffy... Have a great time whatever, I'm sure you will!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:55 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone,

Looks like everyone had a good day yesterday. I did up until my husband was close to coming home. The night before was not all that super, so it started to hit me. And I caved. When he walked in the door and started telling me about work, I was okay with what he was discussing and then I lost it. I started crying and saying, I drink to deal wtih what happens when you walk through the door. I told him how much I loved him and I missed his daily enthusiasm. His job has truly consumed his every thought and it's been this way for years. He has a good job and is very blessed and I told him that. He can retire in three years, and I told him we plan on downsizing any way (we live in a 1500 sq ft ranch now, from the mid-70's), and I want to live in a single wide with a small yard, and some field to plant a garden. I don't want the best of everything, I want for very little. He has so much to offer others and does a lot, but he has to leave work and enjoy the life that his work allows him to do. And he is worrying too much about the tomorrow that hasn't happened. I think by me pointing to a beer can and saying "this is my way of escaping your daily drama", it made him see that I need his understanding. I really do need him and knowing he is there along the way, I can do anything. When he came home a couple nights ago, he had 6-8 beers. All that did the next day was upset me (that's why I didn't post yesterday later int he day). It would be different if he was a horrible husband and treated me like garbage. But, he's not, and that's why having him with me will change my outlook.

I'm glad I'll be gone with my Mom for 5 days next week, it will really help a lot. Not only will the daily booze/beer be right within reach, but it will give me some peace and time for my thoughts. I will be able to read more about AVRT and take some notes. I will be able to spend my latenights here (while Mom is sleeping) to read more threads.

I will say my two whole days (woohoo), are giving me strength to see what I have to do and see the people I need in my life to make it through. I still have to do this for myself. But, I'm truly seeing what is my biggest trigger, and it's the person I love the most.

Blueshades- never done a fall garden. But, I've put a lot of thought into it. I'm not sure of all the cold crops. But, I know greens would be great - now is a great time to plant them since it's not so blazing hot. I could plant them up close to the barn and they would do wonderful. I've even considered making an inexpensive greenhouse for when the snow flies. If I do some more reading on it, I'll let you know.

Tiggy - glad you are here and working on your journey. Glad you went to the doctor. That is something I'm behind on. I'm usually religious about my yearly bloodwork to make sure that I do not have sugar issues (we have it in our bloodline), and more importantly, to see how my liver is (isn't that pathteic..but every time I'd have them check to see if it was getting bad or not...if not, it was a pass to keep drinking). I wish you well.

Emma - glad you continue to inspire so many of us. You are a rock!

Sentso - a month - hooray!! That is fantastic.

Well, I have to run. Going to pick up Mom and take her to get groceries and such for our trip. I won't be home stewing on things, so that is a good thing.

Oh, I'm highlighting my sober days on the calendar, not counting so much, as I want to see the day when there are more sober than not, and eventually when I have a full month highlighted. That is helping me chart my progress. So far, not so good, but I'm glad to see some highlights on there versus none.

Take care everyone.

Hugs to all.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
TiG

Marjoram: Sorry it's tough right now. Sounds like you were able to get some things out and express yourself. Wish you the best, and I hope hubby has time to think about himself while you're at your Mom's. I wonder why he drinks. Maybe his job and the prospect of retiring is hard for him in some way.

MTN: My kids stay up to silly O'clock on the xbox too. Crazy. It's changing though. First day back to school.

Tiggy: Good to hear the positive news about the doctor visit. Funny how we think we have these over uses and abuses under control when in fact everyone can read us like a book.

Emma: Great job staying clean. Do the best you can for your friend.

Blue: Good to hear you feeling a little better.

JHE: Have fun on hols. Let us know all about it when you come back.

Mel: I've experienced lack of motivation, but it's getting better. For example, I was all into jogging and training for races, but when I quit drinking, my focus and desire for the training part vanished. Still jogged, but not with any purpose other than to help with recovery. In my job the same thing, not much energy to jump into tasks. Just existing really. The self-start direction is coming back and I'm doing better now. Hoping it will continue to grow and reach the levels I had in the past.

Great job everyone! Sorry if I missed you, but have to get to work. Day 32 for me. Nothing new really, so have a great day
Old 08-16-2012, 06:28 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks, TIG. I appreciate your input as I do everyone's. We have a wonderful life, and I wish he could see that more. We all have our down days, I have mine. None of us are perfect. But, I just want to see him take off those work boots every day, and go "ahhhh....time to enjoy why I worked so hard". There's stress in every job, and especially now with everything changing so much due to the economy. But, it's life. Our problems are small overall, and we've always said, if we all threw our problems in a pot, most of us would take ours back over what some people are going through.

On to groceries. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I just posted a dozen notes throughout the house that flat out said "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". Reminders. Thank God, I haven't allowed my alcoholism to kill me, and I can overcome this and be so much better than what I was yesterday. Stronger, calmer, happier. Alcohol has done so much to my life - had some wonderful times with, but more bad times...little did I realize that it's experience and walking away from it, will only make life better.

I really have to go.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone! It is a lovely sunny day her with blue skies. And I have been hugged so that was really really nice.
As I mentioned sleep has been better and coming more easily - but I am still so tired when I wake up. If I had the option I would just stay in bed for another hour or so.
Head isn't feeling so foggy...maybe things are getting better physically?
Tonight I start my new additions group. I will let you know how it goes.
So..off to work for pay, not counting the loads of laundry I did before I ever left the house this morning
Old 08-16-2012, 11:36 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hi everyone..... sorry I didn't get a chance to post before now.
I'm doing good though.

Emma.... sorry your friend relapsed. Don't let it drag you down the same path... you've come too far to throw it all away.

JHE.... Have a Wonderful Time!! We'll miss you

I really don't have much to say otherwise. Lots of work to do... I'll try to post tonight, if I'm not to tired.

Glad everyone is either doing good or getting back to doing good
Old 08-16-2012, 11:46 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your lovely wishes.I shall miss you all too. Off to bed soon as early start tomorrow

Wishing you all the very best and see you next week.xx
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry for dropping out guys. On the sick list. Back in a day or two.
I know you guys are in safe hands with each other anyway

D
Old 08-16-2012, 05:20 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Hope you feel better soon D!