Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 4

Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Just checking in to day Hi...late as it is. Haven't went to bed yet but had a late nap. Not feeling the greatest lately...it's always one thing or another...I guess it's called getting older. I can relate to the cranky husband....he's been really busy at work and taking a night class one day a week which is ending tomorrow night. Maybe that will help hopefully. I can understand no one wants to deal with a sickly wife either. I will sure be happy when I feel good...kind of frustrating to keep feeling sickly.
Night all Myjourney4me
Old 08-15-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning all

I've been up since 5.30 and only just been able to get on the site. Google kept telling me it couldn't load it. I was beginning to think I'd been kicked out LOL.

Thank you all for the welcome backs - it's super to be posting again and seeing how everybody is doing. I still feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things. I wanted to post last night but even though my brain was buzzing my body felt so wiped out that typing felt like launching into strenuous exercise. So in bed with book by 8, slept well but back to the weird dreams. Actually they were a bit saucy so we won't go there!

How's the yoga going JHE? I've found an old DVD of mine so will give that a go. It's one of Barbara Currie's. I think she must be in her 60's and she is amazing. Of course me being me had to whizz to the end to see what the experts could do and she's standing on her head etc. I could never do that at gym class when I was 8 so I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with the beginner phases!

Just got a roast chicken in for lunch/dinner/whatever. I'm going to try and pick up where I left off and not go through the sugary snack, carby food overload phase. Although I'm sure a chinese is still allowed as a treat on a Friday night

When I was drinking last week I wrote down some notes of how I was feeling. I'll post those on my thread in a little while. It's far from glamorous and contains a lot of 'I'm bored' so hopefully that will be ok to share.

The weather's not looking too great today. I was just going to jump in the car and take DD to kids AM cheap cinema, but it's Alvin and the Chipmunks which she has seen and I just know their irritating squeaky voices will leave me wanting to find the nearest shop for booze on the way home Plan B it is then... Not quite sure what that is yet!

Have a great Wednesday all
Old 08-15-2012, 01:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Im struggling again, what on earth am I doing this for? I wish I could just go to sleep and not wake up for 6 months!!!!!
Old 08-15-2012, 01:40 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

What have you been doing to stay sober Tiggy?

D
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I just read all the posts of these past few days. Part 4 already, it's great!

So glad to read about your successes and your doubts... We all are or have been broken records, nothing to be ashamed of, and I actually quite like the expression!

MTN, it's so good to see you on this thread again.

It's truly heartening to come back here after a few days, and see how everyone's helping each other all the time. One thing I've learned this past month is sometimes you really can't make it alone.
Day 30 for me today, a whole month, I can't believe it, and I could never have made it alone! I remember how desperate I was when I first posted here... and how relieved I was when you all answered, and how strong I was when you gave me the support I needed almost the minute I needed! (especially one time after a complicated gig...)

Anyways, I gotta go do some yoga and then the groceries!

I think about you all, keep it up guys, you're awesome!

xx
Old 08-15-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I go a few weeks sober and then start drinking again!!!! OH is alcoholic wich dosn't help at all. I love him but he is not supportive I know I cannot blame anyone but myself. Im seeing my Dr again tonight, I've been needing treatment for severe depression these last 18 months my meds have been changed recently because I was getting worse not better. I know the drinking dosnt help that either. OH was dismayed when I went to AA before, for him its a public acknowledgment that we both have a problem. So here I am on my own trying to passify this monster
Old 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Scaling the wall of ice

Tiggy, sorry to hear that you are struggling. Come in, pull up a chair, put your feet up and just breathe awhile. We'll listern. Or just be here. Whichever works for you.

For those who asked about the book, I purchased it at an actual bricks n mortar shop! First store I checked did not have it, but walking in reminded me of how much I really enjoy those places, so I tried a second one the same day and they had one copy on the shelf. I'm perhaps 25% in, so will be able to discuss more later. I have the sense I ought to read it through before I will feel like I know what I'm talking about. That, and the very long thread over in the Secular Connections section. The concept is a simple one - I think the deprogramming is the more complex part.

Had a dream last night (tonight? it's way early here) that I was walking and came across a sheer wall of ice. There was a woman about 3/4 of the way up, making her way slow n steady. I'm not sure if I had to climb it out of necessity or if I just decided it was the thing to do. But I do know that I figured if she could do it, there wasn't any reason I couldn't do it too. When I finally got close to the top (hours later), I realized that at some point I was going to need to let go/change where all of my body parts were to get myself onto the ledge. She was there, not encouraging, not discouraging, just there. Next thing I knew, I was home telling my kids about this thing that happened to me today - I climbed an ice wall that was like 180' tall. I had climbed others on the way home - because they were now in my path, I think - but those were nothing to remark on at all after that first one.

Talk about metaphors, eh.

I believe that the collective here was the woman at the top. She was the personification of the theme here yesterday that in the end, we each need to "do" for ourselves. But she was there. And you are here. And for that I am grateful.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sentso and MTN, glad to see you here after your recent journies.

Happy too, that this thread is bubbling with people exploring their worlds, focussing on doing things that are healthy and good for ourselves. Though I'm not quite on that path yet, I feel like I'm at the starting point. Got my tennies out but haven't tied the laces. I'll get there.

mj4m, sorry you are not feeling well. Try to be patient with yourself and let it be. Once you are rested enough, things will surely start looking better.

blue, I also think your reverse psychology tactic is a good one. Love this positive attitude/approach!

Marjoram, good for you for sticking with the coffee.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Tiggy, meds are not helpful for depression when you are counteracting them with booze. In fact, it is entirely possible that the two are working together to make things worse. But you know that, right?

Good for you for making an appointment with the doctor and for coming here.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Sentso

I hope the Dr can help Tiggy - it's really important to deal with aother issues like depression too, I think...especially if we're used to self medicating for those conditions with alcohol.

best of luck to you

Hope everyone has a good day

D
Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Whoopee! One month today. Only by the Grace of God and knowing I have companions in the same boat, have I arrived here. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
TiG

Good morning. Read everyone's posts, thanks for typing those out. Good or bad or boring. They are all very helpful. Please keep them coming!

Tiggy, welcome. Good job getting a Dr. appointment.

mntseer: congrats on one month!!!!! Great job.

obladi: Wow, that was a dream. Very fitting and nice to know your subconsciousness matches what you want to achieve. Almost worth a painting. I can picture you climbing the ice wall with the lady observing above.

Sentso: Howdy, glad you were able to find a connection to post. Sounds like you're enjoying the time off. What a life change, yoga, running, no drinking... and loving it! That's incredible.

MTN: Yes, please post your thoughts. Good luck with Yoga! That's way to hard for me. The 60 year old would kick my butt for sure.

Myjourney: Sorry you're feeling bad. Hang in there.

JHE: I like that quote for the day. That's a wonderful goal. My dog reminds of that oddly enough. He has no yesterday or tomorrow, just the tail wagging moment of bow wow now.

Marjoram: Keep strong. Love the focus on doing this for yourself. You can do it. My wife comes home and vents. I can't stand it either, but just do my best to listen. Ever see that commercial where the husband is challenged to listen to his wife for 5 seconds? He makes it through sweating the whole time and is then rewarded with chips or something. That's what I think of when my wife is "venting." She's a saint though and put's up with my quirks. Stay healthy my friend!

Blue: Nice words and congrats on 3 weeks!!!!!

LWB: You stay strong too. Maybe hubby will surprise you and come along for the ride again. We can only pray for it and be a positive inspiration for him. Great job. Stay healthy.

Sara: Have a great time training for the race. I might do a 5k this weekend for fun.

flachead: Howdy neighbor! Hope all is well.

Dee: Thanks for always being there.

I'm doing good. A trigger for me is being tired (from this travel) and pressured at work. My defenses weaken. Last night I had to process through what would happen if I were to go get beer. Had to do this a few times and play it out to the end where I'm just back where I started. It's so good to be out of those first days of quitting. And, it's good to be on my way to forming new habits and new associations for healthier living. Have a great day/night.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:20 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Originally Posted by Tiggy View Post
I've been needing treatment for severe depression these last 18 months my meds have been changed recently because I was getting worse not better. I know the drinking dosnt help that either. OH was dismayed when I went to AA before, for him its a public acknowledgment that we both have a problem. So here I am on my own trying to passify this monster
Hi Tig.... yeah, drinking DEFINITELY doesn't help when you're on meds for depression. Glad you're see the doc. I would say do what you have to do in order to stay sober (or as we say, FACT - free, aware, clean, tenacious).

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
I got the RR book for Barnes and Noble - 15.00.
Had a dream last night (tonight? it's way early here) that I was walking and came across a sheer wall of ice.
I believe that the collective here was the woman at the top. She was the personification of the theme here yesterday that in the end, we each need to "do" for ourselves. But she was there. And you are here. And for that I am grateful.
Yeah, you are overcoming - doing things that you never though possible. And I think deep down inside you know it's possible and encouraging yourself - in a way.

Originally Posted by MtnSeer View Post
Whoopee! One month today. Only by the Grace of God and knowing I have companions in the same boat, have I arrived here. Thank you.
Congrats on one month!!!!!!!

Ok, gotta go battery going to die.......
Old 08-15-2012, 06:49 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hi MTN

It's so good to have you back -we missed you.Yoga is going good thanks-3rdclass tomorrow. It is way way way more energetic than I ever imagined! I struggled last week. I would recommend it though-brings an inner peace
Old 08-15-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats to all on their milestones and to everyone who posted overnight/today. Although there have been some challenges, it sounds like everyone is moving forward.

Have a peaceful day everyone!
Old 08-15-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sentso (good to hear from you) and MtnSeer, congrats on 30 days! We're at the same point in our journey so I know how excited you must feel!

Congrats on 45 days JHE!! Way to go!

Sarah, good luck on the race, good goal to shoot for!

Obladi, thank you for my virtual chip-how did you know I would want one?
Very cool dream! It does feel like we're scaling this huge wall everyday doesn't it? Interesting about the woman too, you must have someone watching over you

Marjoram, it's good you realize your husband's complaining is a trigger because you can cut it off at the pass if you're aware of it. I have a similar situation-my boyfriend tends to be a pessimist and I feel dragged down by his tales of woe. No one has it easy, it's how you choose to look at it and deal with it. Maybe some of your good attitude will rub off on him!

MTN lol on the Chipmunks
Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

So much has happened on the thread is such a short period of time!
Congrats to all the milestones! I am sober 5 weeks today!! I can't believe I made it this far...
On a happier note, I am in a good place today - My sleeping patterns are a little more normal. I fall asleep and stay asleep. However, I woke up feeling exhausted and was late for work the second day in a row (: When I did wake up, it was
in a good mood...
Best of all, my daughter is coming home today after being away at summer school for 7 weeks. I am so excited she is coming home!! I need a hug so badly!!
Have a good sober day.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Katan - congrats on 5 weeks! And enjoy your time with your daughter!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Tiggy, sorry to hear that you are struggling. Come in, pull up a chair, put your feet up and just breathe awhile. We'll listern. Or just be here. Whichever works for you.

For those who asked about the book, I purchased it at an actual bricks n mortar shop! First store I checked did not have it, but walking in reminded me of how much I really enjoy those places, so I tried a second one the same day and they had one copy on the shelf. I'm perhaps 25% in, so will be able to discuss more later. I have the sense I ought to read it through before I will feel like I know what I'm talking about. That, and the very long thread over in the Secular Connections section. The concept is a simple one - I think the deprogramming is the more complex part.

Had a dream last night (tonight? it's way early here) that I was walking and came across a sheer wall of ice. There was a woman about 3/4 of the way up, making her way slow n steady. I'm not sure if I had to climb it out of necessity or if I just decided it was the thing to do. But I do know that I figured if she could do it, there wasn't any reason I couldn't do it too. When I finally got close to the top (hours later), I realized that at some point I was going to need to let go/change where all of my body parts were to get myself onto the ledge. She was there, not encouraging, not discouraging, just there. Next thing I knew, I was home telling my kids about this thing that happened to me today - I climbed an ice wall that was like 180' tall. I had climbed others on the way home - because they were now in my path, I think - but those were nothing to remark on at all after that first one.

Talk about metaphors, eh.

Maybe both women are you-at different stages of your recovery.Just a thought
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Katan.... congrats on 5 weeks and glad you're getting your hug soon if not already

jhe.... sort of what I was thinking too.

Well, off to work on finishing up Step 1... see my sponsor tomorrow with everything I wrote down. I don't think she thought I would be this thorough or that I had already worked through my past...

Have a great whatever