Notices

Class of July 2012

Old 07-07-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I'm actually in the East of France. Was in the West, by the ocean, yesterday.
What's the Heart of Dixie?
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Fdm

Alabama, U.S.A.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Ah ah ok, I could never have guessed it!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:56 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Im still here too. Its almost 3 o'clock. Now watching Dawn of the dead and loving it! Cant believe Ive never seen this. Maybe I'll actually roll out of bed and shower after this lol. Gotta love a lazy movie day.

Glad to be sobered up and feeling better. Gonna keep going..
Old 07-07-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

By the way what is Horrid Henry?

Potter?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by Fallow View Post
Im still here too. Its almost 3 o'clock. Now watching Dawn of the dead and loving it! Cant believe Ive never seen this. Maybe I'll actually roll out of bed and shower after this lol. Gotta love a lazy movie day.

Glad to be sobered up and feeling better. Gonna keep going..
Now where are you?
Old 07-07-2012, 02:02 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

In Colorado here..
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

*holds hands up* and admits - I didn't know where the Heart of Dixie was either! See - learning new things every day

Are you French Sentso, or just travelling though France?

Horrid Henry Fallow is a kids film, it started off over here as a cartoon - Henry is basically a boy who likes boy stuff, getting mucky, annoying the girls, hating homework... that kind of thing. The kids enjoyed it! Great stuff regarding your meal out That's a big step and even better as you enjoyed it!

Hope you all have a great day today.

Today being super sober Sunday!! Haha morning campers

I slept stupidly well. DD did too thankfully. I'm really excited this morning, later on I get to see my brother and my niece and nephew that I haven't seen since November! Second leg of Nans birthday... although I know me and my brother will be spending a lot of it with our eye on the tennis. Wish us luck, we're going to need it

Catch you all later, keep up the positivity and good work!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:43 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Scrap my question Sentso, I've just seen your other post. You're a musician on tour
Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Yes I am, and I'm also french MTN
Have a nice day!
Old 07-08-2012, 04:40 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi All, I am mike and I am also an alcoholic and I am on day two. I want this to be my last sober date. Previously about seven years ago I put together 5 years in AA and it was some of the best times. This monster really does rip apart your spirit and makes you morally bankrupt. It just amazes me that I can return to thinking next time will be different. It's pure insanity. Mike
Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Fdm

Welcome aboard Mike!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Definitely count me in for the class of July. I'm still situating myself in terms of it though and tapering down as my drinking numbers are fairly high. I've been tracking my alcohol use with an addiction counselor and after a month of that and various plans for reducing my use--I only see a slight dip in the numbers. I start out strong at the beginning of the week and something always comes up mid to the end of the week (i.e an excuse to drink) and my numbers go shooting up (because I've already messed up my plan, right? so why not keep going). As for this week it was M: 2, T:4, W:16, Th: 9.5, F:10.5, yesterday:5 (I measured these carefully and took them like medicine to avoid withdrawals). I've thought about it and I think I'm going to try for 3 tomorrow, 0-1 on Monday, and then just try to keep hitting 0s from there on out and keep checking the boards to stay inspired. The trick is to really keep to it--but I do want the feeling of sobriety. I miss it a lot. So expect to count me in as part of the July class.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Fdm

The beginning of Day 4 for me. I'm using the site as my journal now. I tried to stay up and watch the ending of The Walking Dead Marathon, but my sober mind said "go to bed".

I imagine my sleep patterns are beginning to come back to normal. That's a huge plus, IMO. A restful mind and body performs well. I always find myself sharper when I'm sober for awhile.

Busy week ahead at work for me. I have reopened an old criminal case and I need to be sharp. Today, though is Sunday. I'll do as little as possible and wish you all well.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of Day 6. No such luck with sleep for me. I'm getting four or five hours on average, and always late, late, late. Not that I think drinking will make that problem go away.

The 'voice' returned today. It was trying to argue against everything that is rationale and logic, and it didn't get it over on me. I'm still struggling to find a comfortable and productive routine. It's really hard work.

Will say though, I'm now addicted to the vegging out period I have now, where I would normally be drunk and hungry, rather than sober and full. From this standpoint, I'm too lazy to go back to drinking.

These 6 days have gone by quickly. I just can't wait until I'm on Day 8 again, because last time I was there I failed. With my track record, 6 or 7 days isn't a number to be proud of. Looking forward to breaking new ground.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Keep up the good work, we can do this together
Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

well just got out of bed after two days, took a shower and shave. Feeling better than laying there wallowing in self pity but I am very motivated to stay sober and use this as a journal of my journey. Now I just need to have a good meal. Hope I can eat it. Also been taking muti vitamins since yesterday and hydrating. The madness that this is all self inflicted.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Tanked last night for my birthday. My husband and drinking partner didn't discourage either one of us. Felt like crap this morning so here I go again. Day 1. I seem to be having a lot of Day 1's lately. Hopefully I can make this one work and turn it into Day 2, Day 3... It's nice to have a place to come to where people understand what you're going through.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Tanked last night for my birthday. My husband and drinking partner didn't discourage either one of us. Felt like crap this morning so here I go again. Day 1. I seem to be having a lot of Day 1's lately. Hopefully I can make this one work and turn it into Day 2, Day 3... It's nice to have a place to come to where people understand what you're going through.
BTDT. You are among friends.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
ive had lotsa day ones lately too. Im certainly aiming to make sure this past one was the last. Take care.