SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/261169-class-july-2012-a.html)

Dee74 07-01-2012 12:29 AM

Class of July 2012

If you're getting clean/sober this month, please come and join us here in the July 2012 group :)

You'll find a lot of support here :)

D

Orbea 07-01-2012 10:00 AM

Just think! You'll remember the fireworks this 4th of July!

startingova 07-01-2012 10:02 AM

I'm here and looking forward to it. Do we start a new thread for each month or does the old thread continue??

aug73 07-01-2012 03:06 PM

I'm in!
I am starting today. Had one drink last night...its time!

Englishrose70 07-01-2012 03:13 PM

Hi folks, I joined the class of July 2011, I managed 51 days before I stupidly succumbed to the beast.

I am from England but last September found out we were moving to Australia with my husband's job, with so much emotion saying goodbye to loved ones and relentless farewell parties, I cracked. What will it hurt? I have gone 51 days sober I can pick it up again just like that.

Well with the stress of the move, finding a new home and settling in and then finding out my mum has terminal kidney cancer sent me straight to the vino in the fridge virtually every night.

It has taken me till now to say enough is enough again. My husband drinks a fair bit too so I always had the excuse.

I guess we never "crack it", we have to be vigilant every day.

Starting day 2 and I have to say feels nice waking up knowing I have no alcohol in my body.

Good luck everyone, you can do, just got to want it so bad. It is worth it, I felt and looked so much better when I had my sober stretch, more positive, more vitality and much slimmer too. There is no down side to sobriety.

Dee74 07-01-2012 03:37 PM

Do we start a new thread for each month or does the old thread continue??
the old June thread is still going - just in a different forum :)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-9.html

welcome to everybody :wave:

D

Really4Real 07-02-2012 04:49 AM

Ok.... I'm in Day 1 here I come.

Yes, Dee I'm doing something different - had a friend take me to a meeting last night. Even got a copy of the Big Book - although it's smaller than I remember from 25 years ago.... started reading it this morning. And prayed like crazy..... I guess I feel hope again.

I'd like to be sober for the 4th. I want to remember what I ate. Stinks when you fix things you really like and can't remember eating it.....

Ok, later, my friends.

Change4good 07-02-2012 05:10 AM

With you guys this month.

too.tall 07-02-2012 05:40 AM

I'm in this time. I am going to succeed because the bells are ringing and my body is telling me that after 35 years I have reached maximum human consumption for one life time. So, July 2 is the day I quit drinking. This is going to be really hard but I think I can succeed by staying busy and boy do I have a lot of things I have put off doing due to alcohol. I worry about withdrawals but I never drank more than 6 beers per day and only at night. Never had a problem the next day.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dee74 07-02-2012 05:43 AM

welcome C4G and R4R :)

If I can recommend one thing to newcomers it's to post here when you're in trouble...before it's too late.

Threads like these really are an amazing support - please use it.

We can do all this - regardless of whether it's day one, day 10, or day 10, 000....

Have a great clean and sober day everyone :)

D

MyTimeNow 07-02-2012 06:51 AM

Hello everybody :)

another day 2 for me after getting to day 8...

but I have to say it has been my favourite day 2. Up and out in to town by 9am with my daughter, my friend and her son to see the Olympic Torch in our home town. Fantastic atmosphere. A lovely lovely morning. A piece of history!

Wouldn't have done that with a hangover.

I need to do some tough soul searching and get a serious plan behind me to not give in to my AV and my triggers this month.

Wishing everybody here all the very best.

brdlvr 07-02-2012 07:02 AM

Day one for me (again..). I finally want to be sober more then I want to drink. I know that I can't go to places where there is alcohol or hang around anyone who is drinking. Count me in for class of July.

sarah1414 07-02-2012 09:47 AM

R4R, Hello friend! I'm right back at day 1 with you. This has to be it. This is the last class I will join on SR.

I was doing great at almost 2 weeks then I went to a business dinner party and drank wine. Basically I've been drinking a bottle of it almost every night since.

I cannot pick up. I cannot have one or two glasses. I am an addict and I can never drink again.

Glad to be here! Looking forward to getting to know more of you in the days ahead.

Really4Real 07-02-2012 09:48 AM

Good words, Dee. Yeah, everyone - let's post BEFORE we take that first drink.... then maybe we won't take it. I know I'm so tired of the roller coaster. Picked it up again Memorial Day weekend and for the next month - I was drunk almost everyday/night. It's not worth picking it up again. The first few days to a week are the roughest. Mine is usually the third day... being that day is on the 4th - that may be a little rough. But I WON'T drink.

Come on.... let's do this! We all want sobriety or we wouldn't be here. Let's draw that line in the sand and tell alcohol - you've gone far enough in my life. No more....

Ok, that made me feel good ;) :ring

Really4Real 07-02-2012 09:49 AM

YES...... Hi Sarah!!!!

sober4myboys 07-02-2012 10:05 AM

I absolutely hate posting here... but here I am in yet another class.

I swore to myself that June was it, 2 weeks in was doing great and then... well we know what happened because I'm in another class.

I feel totally disappointed in myself, I feel like I let myself and my family down, yep total guilt kind of day. UGH!

I have got to figure out how to NOT drink with a spouse that does. He says last night, well you did great for 2 weeks so its okay. We can drink on weekends. The problem is, I don't want to drink at all, EVER and yet I somehow convince myself that it's okay from time to time. Its not. Never. I feel like such a loser today. I looked into AA this morning, obviously my previous "plan" didn't work, but there is only one meeting a day in this area and they are all really late, I have 2 little kids so I can't do that. Maybe I should order books?

Okay long rant over.

lifewithoutbooz 07-02-2012 10:15 AM

My husband is the same. He won't admit he/we have a problem. He just likes to drink and doesn't want to stop. It's hard for a spouse to quit when the other one doesn't want to stop drinking. I want to stop but I get to Day 9 then cave in when the weekend hits because I convince myelf just a few and it'll be OK. I've moved my things to the upstairs part of the house until I decide if this is the type of marriage I want to stay in. I've been doing this for 12+ years.

You'll get great advice hear - especially from people who've been sober a long time and who have a lot of great idea and options. One of them will work for you and your kids. Good luck!

sober4myboys 07-02-2012 10:27 AM

Thank you lifewithoutbooz. We are drinking buddies, we both have a problem. He doesn't know how to not drink, has been drinking nearly his entire life. His dad was an alcoholic (weird that he can't even admit that) and thinks this is just the way life is. He didn't drink for 3 days during my 14 day stint and then went right back to it. He sits outside alone all night long just drinking. It took me quitting (for the short time I did) to see what a problem he has as well. I thought it was just me.

idunavailable 07-02-2012 10:56 AM

Oh here we go again.....
sane brain.....you have been doing this crap for 25 years and you need to stop.
Insane brain....get the hell over it man you can handle it.
sane brain.....seriously, I cant keep getting up hauling your sick mess to work.
Insane brain....come on man we can make it work.
sane brain....our chest hurts, the cold sweats are really killing me.
Insane brain....dude it almost 5pm we can fix all this.
sane brain...yea but what about tomorrow?
Insane brain...dude we can just deal with it as we always have. You just got a promotion
sane brain...yeah your right we are doing great. We have a stable home and income.
Insane brain...hell yah we are doing good its time for a reward.
sane brain...well a few wont hurt.
Insane brain....silently thinking (this dumb ----er thinks we only need a few, we will show that sane brain who's smarter)
sane brain...wait who is insane here???

And here we go for day 1. I actually laugh when I read this. So simple and yet so stupid.

aug73 07-02-2012 10:58 AM

Hey you all!
Same with me. In fact our relationship is much better when we are drinking! Now with an empty nest, both retired its even more dangerous for me. I used to have him hide the alcohol from me so I couldn't go drink when he went to bed. I know its wrong to have him be the Booze keeper AND it didn't work because he'd let it be available when it suited him. I finally told him I would have to move out if he kept buying liquor. Luckily it has started to really make him feel sick, he has diabetes for heaven sake!

Today is day two for me...I can't cheer much because I have done this 50x. The third day is when I usually succumb!

BUT I feel stronger with you all on the same journey! Thanks for stating this thread Dee!

Sorry English rose about your mother. I lost mine 5 months ago...very hard! My prayers are with you!

OK here we go!!!!!!!! No liquor in my house....