Notices

Class of July 2012

Old 07-09-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Good morning, just checking in.... happy sober Monday! :0)
Old 07-09-2012, 10:24 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

day 3

Today is the beginning of day 3 for me. I've been lurking, but am extremely shy. I hope if I post, it will make me more accountable. I'm running such high emotions. It's been 2 years since I've been laid off. A job offer HAS to come through this week. But I'm terrified. Terrified if it doesn't, because of money. Terrified if it does, because I don't fit into any of my old work clothes and my brain is fried from all the drinking in the last couple of years. The weight gain is on my mind 24/7 and now that I can't drink, all I think of is what can I eat. The mind is a scaryass place. But today I'm only going to think of not drinking and the rest of these worries will just have to go sit down somewhere. Thanks for hearing me.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by tiagen View Post
Today is the beginning of day 3 for me. I've been lurking, but am extremely shy. I hope if I post, it will make me more accountable. I'm running such high emotions. It's been 2 years since I've been laid off. A job offer HAS to come through this week. But I'm terrified. Terrified if it doesn't, because of money. Terrified if it does, because I don't fit into any of my old work clothes and my brain is fried from all the drinking in the last couple of years. The weight gain is on my mind 24/7 and now that I can't drink, all I think of is what can I eat. The mind is a scaryass place. But today I'm only going to think of not drinking and the rest of these worries will just have to go sit down somewhere. Thanks for hearing me.
I hope you decide to stick with us and I wish you the best on the job front.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiagen View Post
Hi tiagen

I hope a job comes through for you very soon. Well done on your day 3. The food thing does pass - honest! I got myself quite down when I was first trying as all I did was eat too, anything everything, you name it - I ate it and I could not afford to put on any more weight! That has all settled down now though even though I have had the odd blip (think I got to a day 3, then a day 8, then a day 2...!) but have gotten stronger and stronger and sleep patterns (if weird dreams) good eating habits etc are coming back.

So... everybody... this is me off to do some reading in a FAR better place than I was last Monday evening. TBH I'm not quite sure where the week has gone, seems to have zipped by. I guess the family occasions/bday have helped. So tomorrow I shall be making plans for my new forthcoming week

Catch up tomorrow!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Still here so the plan must be working.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Happyfeet View Post
Today is one week for me and physically feeling great. I have noticed that I am getting irritated easily over small things. Need to snap out of it because it's not fair to my family.
With you on that one. I need to buy a new kitchen facet and a few plates after my irritable out break. Hopefully it will end up better for our family after we learn to chill out without alcohol.

thanks for posting that.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Tiagen

It's great to see everyone doing ok...hope your dog is fine FDM

D
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Greetings All. I hope I'm in the right place to sign up for Class. I've got some learning to do here. I've had several day ones, and a few day twos, but I'm done doing the dance. Today is Monday July 9th, Day #1. Bible Study tonight, dinner at kids tomorrow. Hopefully keeping busy, Wed night (at home) will be the hard one. Nice to have strength in numbers and good to see I'm not alone in my wish. Look forward to support and friendship.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Today is day one for me. I have stopped drinking in the past for a few weeks at a time but always returned to my old ways. I wish I could just have a single beer with friends and say that I am fine, but the reality is that one drink will lead me to have six or eight at some point later that week and thats not acceptable to me. I don't like the man I become when drunk and I have decided last night was the end of the line. I have never asked for help dealing with my addiction. I've been scared to admit to myself I was not strong enough to deal with my drinking on my own. It's time for me to make a change and do whatever it takes, and that is how I found myself here.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard OhioNomad

D
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Fdm

My little buddy is ok!

I checked in on her several times today and switched her off Beneful to Blue Buffalo Fish and Sweet Potato food at lunch.

She finally made good poopy!!

Yay!!! I'm celebrating with Canada Dry Ginger Ale!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

hope everyone is doing great. thanks for all our updates they always put me in a more positive mood! feeling good on day 4...i usually screw up at about 7 to 10 days and thats coming up shortly so i need to stay focused...and busy!! look forward to hearing from everyone as the month goes on
Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Made it thru the weekend! Still alive! Still sober

About to cook dinner and go to bed early Im tired.

Hope everyone enjoys their night!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Well day 3 today went to work and got alot done and relieved alot of stress. Had some awesomely vivid dreams last night. Still feel off but looking forward to another sober day tomorrow. Mike
Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Fdm, Glad the pooch is alright!

Welcome to the new folks. So glad you found your way here.

Finishing up day 8 and feeling good. No real desire for the wine. Again, it really helps that I have completely taken the option off the table. I made my husband promise me he would not allow me to have any (in the past he always gave in to my wining) and that has helped knowing he would say no even if I presented him with the idea.

Looking forward to tomorrow...goodnight all.
Old 07-09-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
Today will be day 9 for me with no alcohol... This will be my 5th attempt to quit. Finally turned 30 and decided this was it... I couldn't remember my 30th birthday at the bar so here I am... Luckily I haven't had many withdrawal symptoms really, mainly itching occasionally and today I have a massive headache. I have been very irritable towards my family but am Blessed they understand what I am going through. Congrats to all of you, good luck with the progress!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR ampsmarie

D
Old 07-09-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Ditto

Originally Posted by OhioNomad View Post
Today is day one for me. I have stopped drinking in the past for a few weeks at a time but always returned to my old ways. I wish I could just have a single beer with friends and say that I am fine, but the reality is that one drink will lead me to have six or eight at some point later that week and thats not acceptable to me. I don't like the man I become when drunk and I have decided last night was the end of the line. I have never asked for help dealing with my addiction. I've been scared to admit to myself I was not strong enough to deal with my drinking on my own. It's time for me to make a change and do whatever it takes, and that is how I found myself here.
Aside from it being Day 2 for me I could have written the EXACT same words you did. Welcome aboard and just keep coming back here when you want to talk or just listen. There's strength in numbers my friends!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Morning all

Officially into my second week! I woke up thinking ohhh I feel rubbish, so hungover, what happened? Took a while to come round and think do I? Have I? No I haven't, I'm fine! There was quite a lot of pub dreaming going on last night.

I need to think what else I can add to my toolbox this week. The american SMART website has 2 meetings a day so I'll see if any of those fit in with UK times. Our site only has 1 a week as far as I can see. Still awaiting the arrival of my RR book... I keep saying it and not acting on it but I really want to start exercising again, so must add that. Any other suggestions?

Welcome to MtnSeer, OhioNomad and Ampsmarie

Glad to hear your little buddy is ok Fdm.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:47 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Yawn...

Why does sleep come so much easier when you've had a few. Not really a question - it's just falling asleep sober sure is hard. Night all (eventually, I hope...)