Notices

Class of July 2012

Old 07-10-2012, 12:56 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hope you are asleep lwb

I'm come to the conclusion that the most productive thing I can do this week is stop checking the forum every 5 minutes. Gah!! New addiction!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:05 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol have a good day MTN

D
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Fdm

The dawn of Day 6 here.

I did something I haven't done in a long time yesterday evening. As soon as I got home from work, I cooked a good Southern summer dinner. Normally, I'm the cook, and I have been doing real simple stuff for awhile.

So, I washed and prepped a mess of yellow squash and okra, made cornbread, and then fried up the squash and okra. I did cheat by heating up a can of Lucks pintos, but I topped it off with a fresh sliced tomato.

It took almost 2 hours to prep, cook, and clean.

Oh well, I got to listen to my favorite talk radio guy on my iPhone the whole time. I never even turned on the TV yesterday. I'm still determined and I slept great again. I don't do much tossing and turning anymore. When my head hits the pillow, I'm usually out.

It's good to see the new folks here, and I'm happy that the new friends I have from England are doing well.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

The beginning of day two. I've been here before but somehow I will not turn back this time. I'm sick of starting over. I'm amazed at how much energy it takes to drink. Mornings after stink. It sure feels nice to be awake and aware in the evening and wake up actually feeling rested. I hope all the other newcomers (and everyone else too) will stay strong and committed. That's my prayer today for us all.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Came close to caving in today. I skipped some voluntary work I do to keep busy and spent the day bumming around. Was in the pub drinking lime and sodas killing time. Feel bad now, but I resisted the urge to drink. Day 10 now! Just wish I could shake this depression I'm feeling today.

Anyway it's good to see others are doing well - power to all of us strugglers!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Gosh talk about putting yourself into the lions den BB! Well done for getting through and congrats on your day 10. Hope you are feeling brighter soon. I think sometimes we just have crappy down days booze related or not.

Glad you are feeling good on your day 2 MtnSeer

Dinner sound great Fdm, I do enjoy cooking and if I get to do it in peace I find it quite cathartic - don't like the cleaning up afterwards though! Glad you are doing well and hope you've had a great day 6.

So... Tuesday evening!

I think I peaked too soon today, it's been a good one. Fun with DD this morning, then a bizarre shopping trip this afternoon which I posted a thread about. Haha useless. Still, toilet seat is installed and there is some paint on the bathroom walls... however I have the attention span of a gnat... brush brush brush - bored now! I did think I'd be finishing off tonight but I feel really tired so it will be another early bedtime with book.

Oh I also sorted out my empties! Good grief. I have been piling them in my shed for years - too embarrassed to put them out fortnightly in an overflowing recycling box. So you can imagine how many there are. Absolutely disgusting. They are still in the back garden but boxed up at least. There is no way I am taking them out to the car unless it is under the cover of darkness!

My brain has just conked out so there endeth my stream of blaaaah... (sighs of relief all round )
Old 07-10-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Day two. Have no desire to drink at all, I can't do it anymore. I keep thinking about what I will lose if I do and its just not worth it. My GF has not talked to me since I got drunk Sunday and had the dark side of my personality come out. I've gone over it a hundred times in my head how I plan to explain to her my actions and what I am doing to change but the waiting is hard, with out true action saying I'm sorry just rings hollow. I received some great news today and can't share it with her, all because I got drunk, If I had not this week would be amazing, makes me think long and hard about my life and my actions. I have not said anything to friends or family about not drinking any more. I feel like its better to just make the change than talk about it or say anything. Not much sleep last night and some crazy dreams but I know it will pass. Spent a good part of the day at the library looking for new books as I have insomnia when I don't drink and plan on nights of reading to keep me busy. I picked up a book called Breaking Addiction by Lance Dodes, MD. Has anyone read this? I hope everyone else is having a good day, thank you for the welcome and for taking the time to read my little rambles.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:52 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Fdm

Stick with us OhioNomad!

Lots of folks here struggle, but there are lots of shoulders to lean on and open minds to help you.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Posted a long message on my thread about this, but initially I wanted to post here.

I almost relapsed tonight after the gig, but instead of going to the bar I took a cab and went straight to the hotel. That's good. What's not good is how hard it was, and that I don't know if I can be so strong all the time. Especially because I'm kind of healthy these days, it gives me a pretty good (stupid) excuse.
But anyways, I'm not gonna write all that again.

It's just really hard, but I was successful today, and maybe that's all that matters after all. I'm just anticipating the next tricky situation, wondering if I can be so strong again.

Good night everyone.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Fdm

Good for you, Sentso. Sorry it was so tough for you, but good on you for being strong.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Stopped drinking on July 8th after many years of this craziness, little did I know that I would end up in the ER with moderate alcohol withdrawls - almost through and then the fun begins
Old 07-10-2012, 04:26 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Fdm

Flachead, welcome aboard. Feel free to share. You're among friends.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thanks Fdm. How are you today?

Welcome flachead, and good luck. Coming here can certainly help you a lot!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Fdm

Originally Posted by Sentso View Post
Thanks Fdm. How are you today?

Welcome flachead, and good luck. Coming here can certainly help you a lot!
Very well, thank you. I had a V8 for my after work beverage today again. Thank goodness I never drank Bloody Marys, lol. I know the vodka and rum drinkers have issues with fruit drinks.
Old 07-10-2012, 04:38 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome, I'm checking out the scenery and have lots to share when the for clears!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:01 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

2 days of drinking two drinks Monday and Tuesday after 5 (sat) and 4 (sun) during the weekend-- Now I think I can make a commitment to zero starting tomorrow for the next week (I'm taking it one week at a time for now) without withdrawals (which is something difficult for someone who drank a fifth on the fourth, if you know what I mean...) Good to be here!
Old 07-10-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome fiske and flachead

it is hard sentso - it just may be the hardest thing you'll ever do - but it will get easier - if you keep at it and stay committed.

That's why many people join a recovery group like AA or Smart or whatever- for that extra layer of real life support.

D
Old 07-10-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

not even 6am here. That's stupid o'clock!

Morning all and morning newcomers

Teas up!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:06 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Made it through a barbeque tonight with friends - tons of beer...I stuck to my lemonade! And didn't go out with them afterwards! I have no idea where this newfound willpower is coming from...but I like it. I hope you are all finding it too!

It's nice to hear everyone is doing well - every time I feel weak I come back to this thread, it's nice knowing we're in this together. Keep it UP. I'm nearing a week..Thursday will be 7 days...I usually cave between 7 and 10 days every time so if I start posting on here every 4 hours...you know why.

THANK YOU to you all. I truly could not be doing this without you all.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Made it through day two. Chest and ribs hurt from vomiting yesterday... Anticipating feeling pretty good tomorrow.