View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
fiske

Definitely count me in for the class of July. I'm still situating myself in terms of it though and tapering down as my drinking numbers are fairly high. I've been tracking my alcohol use with an addiction counselor and after a month of that and various plans for reducing my use--I only see a slight dip in the numbers. I start out strong at the beginning of the week and something always comes up mid to the end of the week (i.e an excuse to drink) and my numbers go shooting up (because I've already messed up my plan, right? so why not keep going). As for this week it was M: 2, T:4, W:16, Th: 9.5, F:10.5, yesterday:5 (I measured these carefully and took them like medicine to avoid withdrawals). I've thought about it and I think I'm going to try for 3 tomorrow, 0-1 on Monday, and then just try to keep hitting 0s from there on out and keep checking the boards to stay inspired. The trick is to really keep to it--but I do want the feeling of sobriety. I miss it a lot. So expect to count me in as part of the July class.