Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 5

Old 03-19-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Limbo75 View Post
Good morning class

At first I must admit I was trying to find tapes by people I could identify with, preferably some one exactly like me -who is a newcomer to recovery and a woman in her thirties. Took me a while to realize that the speakers here are the elders, people with long term sobriety whose stories are amazing and that I am full of ageism not appreciating what they have to teach me. [/COLOR]Hope you have a wonderful day all, L
Good morning, Limbo. I really appreciate what your search lead you to and in turn, what it thumped me on the head with as I read your post on their experiences..."There, but for the grace of God, go I". As a 53 year old, I would NEVER, EVER, want anybody to do the ridiculous, stupid @$$ things I have done in the past 12 years. I think I've had a real epiphany. I'm leaving my judgemental attitude and perceptions in the dumpster that is sitting in my drive waiting to be emptied by the city. We are all in this together and can learn from one another. Thank you so very much!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Day 79 and feeling Good. So great to read about the PAWS because it puts a reason behind my feelings. Glad to know my brain is healing. Wishing everyone a great spring!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

So glad to hear everyone doing so well.
Limbo, I'm 35. I like hearing what elders say b/c they KNOW what they're talking about!!!

I realized I have survived Super Bowl, bday parties, family dinners, horrible work days, & vacation sober. I am so thankful.
My weekend was very stressful & normally would have had me running for the bottle & all I kept thinking was, "Wow, I'm so glad I'm sober & not adding to my problems"
I thought about how I would binge & wake up feeling awful & then try to make it through the day feeling soooo sick.

What a horrible way to live!!!!
I had a bad weekend, no sleep, stress, stress, stress. And here I am Monday, woke up feeling good, better attitude, ready for another good day.
Life happens, go with the flow. Don't fight it, there's sunshine around the corner
Wishing you all peace, happiness & love!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Congrats Lifeanew and PCL - nice job ladies! Just came from my second meeting. This one was just up the road. Very nice people. We are all so very much on the same ocean just in different vessels. Life is good :-)
Old 03-19-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good afternoon class been very busy helping my father in law...just a ton of stuff to do! We have a big house and yard so it feels like we never get finished ....if we do... its time to start over again. Have a great Monday ....if you don't hear from Billy Pilgrim he is at the Grand Canyon...lol..(from another thread)
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Greetings friends! Today was such a gorgeous day in the northeastern US. Seventies and sunny, crystal clear sky. Couldn't wait to leave work and get outside for a bit. Did some yard work and took the dog for a walk. This was the kind of day the old me would be excited to sit outside and get drunk, one beer after another. It was so refreshing to instead sip iced tea while thanking my HP for my sobriety.
Stay strong all
Old 03-20-2012, 03:52 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good morning, everyone. Another round of wild storms last night - think it's going to be that kind of week weatherwise. Here's to another sober-licious day, gang. Together we can do it!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi class. Was feeling down here but a few friends PMd me and cheered me up, that is powerful
Thanks all
Old 03-20-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Good morning, classmates! It's going to be a spring day on this 1st day of spring. That doesn't usually happen here in northern New England. What a gift!! Have a happy one.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi Katrinka
We dont get many sunny days in Northern Old England too on the first day of spring. So far today is no exception!!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

80 days!! My two sons have a friend who lost his mother at the age of 40from alcoholism 5 yrs. ago now I just seen he lost his dad. I'm sure it was alcohol related so sad for that young man. But such a reality check about alcoholism when you hear about it that close to home. It puts the fear in me about alcohol... Hope everybody has a great day, gonna work around the house... maybe see my younger son later. I will check in later with my awesome class mates later.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Congrats on 80 days Nel, I'm just a day behind you!
Old 03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your sons friend Nel - but congrats on your 80 days.

D
Old 03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Worked in the yard today after work. I'm finally getting some of my old groove back. I'm so glad winter is over. Time to start growing vegetables.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:41 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Lovely to hear how well you are doing and the lessons being learnt. I am having good days as well! Getting ready to head out on some travel for a couple of weeks and have filled up my Iphone with speaker tapes so I can keep up the program :-)

I hope you all have a wonderful day, L
Old 03-21-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning class, hope you have good travels Limbo Its pretty early got my coffee brewing. Hope everyone has a lovely sober Wednesday. or as nonblondechef says... sober-licious day ...Teehe...lol ..love it!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:33 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Mr. Billy - glad to know you are feeling more cheery. I loved reading your "old" England comment - you have a fantastic sense of humor and never fail to make me laugh.

Limbo - travel safe and enjoy your trip. To the rest of my friends - wishing you all a wonder-filled day.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... back on the saddle again after a couple of pretty brutal weeks. But good news - went to my first meeting and feeling very committed to staying on the straight and narrow. Thanks for all your continued support. Feels good to know I can keep coming back here even after I screw up. Not that I foresee or wish that to happen ever again.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi all - sorry I've been missing in action. The tornado was followed by a skating competition weekend (I actually forgot it was St Pat's day lol - I was busy skating at 7:30 that night), followed by a lovely bout of stomach flu. We're in the middle of a major financial software update while being inundated with tornado-related work plus a sick finance officer. Whew - talk about busy!

Glad to see things are going well for everyone.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:56 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hey class super busy today cleaned my hard wood floors, took my birds outside and gave them a shower, hosed down both decks, worked in my moms memory garden, clean my tub which is a chore cause it is a two man jet tub...very deep, hard to lean over....I got a email from my step daughter she is coming in from out east and wants just us to do something....she is super sweet but I always felt different from my husband family vs. mine. Just because our back ground is so different...my family is dysfunctional, crazy my husband family is perfect...they don't drink, smoke, cuss, they are perfect wonderful functional people. I mean just really great, well rounded family..So of course growing up in a dysfunctional family makes me feel awkward around his...When we first started dating I was in awe with his family. I always worry I will say or do something stupid or I sound dumb.Then the more I stress/worry it just makes me really socially awkward around them..I hate that! I don't know what to do cause I just feel more comfortable when my husband is with us. We see is kids just a couple times a year so there is always that awkwardness at first plus they are kinda quite people and sometimes I just rattle....then later I worry ...like why did I say that ...good gawd I'm totally stressing over it. Plus we don't have alot in common she is so so smart I mean this girl is brilliant she got degrees in everything! She even has a law degree(lawyer) ..I know its my own insecurities she is always so sweet..she really is a sweetheart but I just can't handle the girl thing. Last year we got our nails done...I really don't know what to do...I got to stop this stressing...dang! Anyways sorry for the melt down but I really don't want to do this but I don't want to hurt her feelings.....nonblondechef, I read my post from earlier and thought I hope I didn't offend you cause I used (sober-licious) then added lol ..I really do love that word it's such a fun word. See my melt down is causing me to worry about everything.........sorry