continues from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-4-a-20.html

D
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woohoo! We're at part 5. We've got a rockin class! Love y'all mates
Old 03-09-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Purplecat you must be very talented if you're skating with national and Olympic medalists! It must be wonderful to be good at something, but I bet it's hard work.

I had a good Friday. My cravings weren't bad at all and short lived. I didn't get misty when I walked through the wine isle. I'm looking forward to the weekend and hopefully won't spend too much time thinking about not drinking.

Have a wonderful weekend classmates!
Old 03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Not much to share, just want to wish my classmates a super sober weekend! Keep moving forward all!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi all

I hope you are having a good weekend, I went to my first AA meeting last night and it was interesting. Will give it a try and see how I connect with it, lovely how warmly people welcomed me.

Lots of thoughts these days and I feel like I need to come to terms with my own arrogance, hubris and delusions. I am an alky like everyone else and it does not matter that I have been lucky enough to keep the facade of my life intact and my material belongings. I have a lot to learn from those who have not been as lucky and walked a road far more difficult then mine.

Like with everything you start to learn I am just realizing how little I know and how much work there is ahead, all in good time though.

Have a wonderful weekend class!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by katrinka View Post
Purplecat you must be very talented if you're skating with national and Olympic medalists! It must be wonderful to be good at something, but I bet it's hard work.
Oh no! I'm just an average adult skater. It's just where I have my lessons, there's some really really really talented and successful skaters (who were actually coaching at the time, not practicing themselves - they have their own elite ice times for that) and I was out there on the ice with them like a lump of spaciness. :rotfxko

It is hard work, though, but tons of fun.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

PC - when I was young, I always wanted to be Peggy Flemming :-) When I was a teen I wanted to be Dorothy Hamill. Understand that there is probably no one on earth less coordinated than me. Closest I ever got was a hairstyle similar to Dorothys. Very envious of your skills on the ice - have fun!
Old 03-10-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday, everyone. Hope all weekend plans are going well! I woke up here today tired, achy and with a nagging headache. The old me would have said that the week had been long and today was probably going to be shot anyway, so I might as well just relax with a book and a good Cabernet. The new me realized that I am probably still recovering from my flu and should just take it easy. The new me also decided to book a massage this afternoon in honor of my almost 90 days. I think I like the new me better, except she is a little loose with the purse strings. Oh well, I know that I have saved much more than that on alcohol!

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good evening class...Pretty nice day here...thank gawd!! So ready for spring! Just popped in to say a quick hello to my awesome class!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

really good day today. the weather rocked. finished tied for first in a one day discgolf tournament, a sport that used to be a passion, but drinking took it away. I'm taking it back. everyone have a great Sunday!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

I have been agonizing for the last week over whether to post or not for fear of possibly weakening someone else's resolve.
I have decided I cannot just disappear so I decided to post.
As some of you know my drinking problem is as much a relationship problem as a drinking problem.
My wife does not like me going to the bars.
I quit drinking just over three years ago because of an ultimatum she gave me, went about a year without drinking totally, and then she altered the agreement over the last two years to include drinking on holidays and when we are together and out with friends which went well for about a year and a half until she got really busy at work upon which time I tested the waters so to speak and started going to the bars again.
At the end of December I realized I was not making her happy so I quit drinking again and I was OK with that but after 60 days we had another discussion and agreed that my drinking on holidays and with couple friends had worked well for us for close to 3 years so we have been gone back to that agreement.
Since I am not subscribing to total sobriety I feel I have no place posting at SR.
I hope that this revelation does not negatively influence anyone else's quest for a better life.
I will miss each and every one of you and wish you all the best in your pursuit for happiness, wherever that leads you.
Special thanks to Nonblondechef for the visitors message that made me come here and post this.
I will still be reading and following your stories.
Good luck to all.
Peace out.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

fubar, have you considered telling your wife that you can't handle alcohol period?
and do you feel this way? it makes me wonder if she enables you.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If my husband gave me an out my first thought would be YES I can drink. But I'm doing this for me. If this arrangement works for you then that's great because in the end you have to be happy. I only know for me I would be right back to sneaking, hiding bottles and all that stuff. The door to alcohol must stay closed and locked for me. Best of luck to you.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I will miss reading your posts Fubarcdn.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Fubarcdn, I'm not very good at advice but here goes my small attempt. I believe that you should continue to post here on SR to make sure your drinking stays with in what you and your wife agreed upon and to make sure that it does not get out of control ...sorta of like maintenance if you will...no one will judge you I know I won't.... one thing I know is we would most definitely miss you if you stopped posting!! So stick around buddy
Old 03-11-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Fub - I'm happy for you and selfishly, very sad for me. Please know since I joined our class, you have been an inspiration as well as comic relief. Please don't be a stranger because this left handed chef needs a shot of "nothing but positivity" fairly often. You will never know how much you have helped me stay on my path. Please stay in touch.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I agree with the others. I would miss your positive encouraging posts. I've been wondering where you have been. You won't be weakening my resolve because I have to decide for myself every day whether to drink or not. It's all on me.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Trying to shake the funk I feel today. Think I'm just tired which is making me emotionally fragile. No desire to drink at all, just feeling kinda sad and either over or under whelmed - not sure which. Thanks for letting me share. Off to work, hope y'all's (is that a word? LOL) Sunday is sober and sensational.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope you get feeling better nonblondchef sending a dancing smiley to cheer you up girlie
Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi all

NBC, know the feeling, I have been the same for a few days. Went on a sea side walk to shake it off and I think it worked. Spring, cliffs, the ocean and some ice cream is a fix for most things :-)

Have a good night to all

....and Fub...I hope you stay with us in whatever form you want to live your life....