Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 5

Old 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
So it goes

NBC I felt like that on Thursday, I think it is related to coming off the sauce, we have done well, and are pleased with ourselves, but are adjusting to life anew. I got over it by PMing a few friends here, and doing another meeting. Also did some normie stuff, and have had a lovely weekend at gf, Ms Billy, I did some painting, we went to the theatre, did some painting , went for a walk, did some painting.
I seem to have replaced drinking for painting, but hey I love it
7 sober weekends now
7 Mondays where I havent felt like s^^t when I woke up
7 reasons more to live
bp
Old 03-11-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Beautiful spring like day here in northern New England, ahhhh. I went for a long walk and now I am enjoying what is left of the afternoon. I'm happy we sprang our clocks ahead and for a warm weather forecast for the upcoming week. Life is good.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Katrinka it is a warm day here in the midwest (Il.) Its suppose to be in the 70's all week. Feels so good to have the doors and windows open. I got out my spring candles which is Lilac, smells so springish in my house Getting ready to have a big Yard sale soon hopefully in April/May ish.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In 45 minutes its 60 days woo hoo

Feel so good today, the thought of even moderating is a thought of horror Never Never and NEVER !

Think I really like the way I am beginning to feel without alcohell,much more calmer and much more time to do nothing with

Only realise how everyone is brainwashed and dependant on alcohell when you actually stop drinking, I think 99% of people that drink are dependant on it , I really believe there is no such thing as as normal drinkers.

Starting to feel properly tired is amazing, not alcohol tired.

My Wallet is a bit fatter .

Lost 9lbs now.

Skin is better.

If I can say this, My No2s look very healthy

And the Most important thing is that I find the thought of long term sobriety exciting with all the new things that I am discovering.

Have a nice Week all !
Old 03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations DD!! 60 days is amazing and I'm so happy you feel great. I feel great too, after 60 days I just seemed to glide along and, like you, I feel physically so much better.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey DD, big congrats!!!! I am celebrating as well, today is 50 for me
Old 03-12-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
So it goes

Possibly a little overshared with the number 2s. But I know what you mean dd
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well done Limbo !
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Resident

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
Congrats DD and Limbo.
Even though I won't be posting I will be following you all and rooting you on. If you see my thanks under your post you will know I am thinking of you.
Keep up the good work.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends. Thank you all for the kiind words. Feeling much better. Looking forward to having two days off this week - a first in about three! As a bonus, Wednesday will be the big 60 for moi. Just reading that really amazes me in a way good way. Hugs to all!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congrats to Darkdays and Limbo Billy you made me chuckle this morning..lol ..It is a rainy very warm morning feels like spring!!! Love mornings like this, smells fresh out, no hangover,warm out, no hangover,you can hear the birds singing and for the last time ...all together class.. NO Hangover!!!...lol Everyone have a great Monday! Off to drink coffee.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi group - hope all are doing great today. Usually the spring forward time change kicks my butt (one less hour to recover) but I'm feeling pretty awake this morning.

Fubar, I too will miss your posts. If you feel like commenting, please do! If my husband's drinking hasn't driven me back to the bottle, your sharing parts of your life with us certainly won't!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi class.

I had a question for you guys and wanted to know if anyone else is feeling the same way?

I am in a constant funk, no energy, wake up not ready and rearing to go, but just blah.
I've considered apnea but keep wondering if it isn't a normal part of the withdrawals.

I quit chewing (77 days) and drinking (70 days)at the same time, so it did give me the double whammy, feeling 1000 times better than I did while using but this funk is annoying. Would love to figure it out.

Have been to the docs for complete physical, gave blood today for tests and hopefully will get some results on those in the coming days.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Paradox, Humor, Change

Day 43 woop woop woop
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Newbeginning I am just like that too. I have had no energy, no motivation in fact I was telling my brother about it. Sometimes I read these post about how wonderful and how much better these people feel..... and think how come I don't feel like that? I don't get it ....I'm gonna go in April to the Dr. for a check up. I been keeping my attitude positive hoping the rest of the good feelings well come....anyways Newbeginning I do know how you feel..hopefully we will get feeling energized soon!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Congrat SoberMan on 43 days thats awesome!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nel68 View Post
Newbeginning I am just like that too. I have had no energy, no motivation in fact I was telling my brother about it. Sometimes I read these post about how wonderful and how much better these people feel..... and think how come I don't feel like that? I don't get it ....I'm gonna go in April to the Dr. for a check up. I been keeping my attitude positive hoping the rest of the good feelings well come....anyways Newbeginning I do know how you feel..hopefully we will get feeling energized soon!
Thanks Nel you nailed my thoughts exactly. Nice to know we are not alone! I had about a week of clear days around day 60 then right back in it.
These are big positive changes we are making, patience is likely in order for both of us. Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was common for me too newbeginning - it got better after about 90 days
Have you read about PAWs? Read about it here:

PAWS | Digital Dharma

If it sounds familiar you might find some things in that link to help
Old 03-12-2012, 07:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi Newbeginning12. Congrats on curb kicking two habits - those are awesome accomplishments. When I was drinking daily, I dreaded going to sleep as I slept really fitfully and ate poorly. I functioned day to day pretty much on auto pilot. Now I sleep really well and eat like a horse but I do feel fatigued alot of the time. My Doc said it will take about a year to get back to normal. Given the massive amount of alcohol I consumed over the past 12 years, I guess taking one to reset my circuits isn't such a long time. :-)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

another court ordered substance abuse class completed tonight. three more to go and I'm done with that. Wednesday 3/14 I have my court date and I will plead guilty and receive my DWI judgment. it's gonna be nice when that part is behind me. but mentally I'm past it already. 72 days sober today.