Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 5

Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
So it goes

NBC, really glad you went to meeting and found use in it. We are all doing well as a class and congratulations all
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning all day 75 for me, glad everyone is doing well Gotta take my moms best friend to the doctor she is 77 and meaner then a rattlesnake at times (she has no filter so I get embarrassed when she cusses like a sailor in front of people..lol)or can be sweet like a angel when she wants to..I love her a ton tho..anyways class hope everyone has a great day..check with ya later.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi all. Spent yesterday wandering around a college campus with my son and his gf, then walking the dogs twice. Yesterday was a beautiful day here, nothing like the usual March day.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Limbo, I'm trying yoga and a few other new additions to my workout routine.
Also dabbling in P90X and going running 3 times a week.
Can't wait for bike riding weather, but as it is I'm sore all the time. So no rush really.

I always used to be too tired to work out, and would choose the bar over the gym. So Ive lost 8lbs, hoping to tone up & keep the current wheight
Old 03-15-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Class, I'm excited and anxious about visiting my father and step mother tomorrow. I don't want to make a big deal out of not drinking but my step mother likes to make a big deal out of everything and the more critical the better, ugh, but I really want to see my father. He's 87 and my step has been making it difficult to visit. I will also be visiting and staying with my sister and brother in law. They are drinkers, not drunks, but alcohol will be around. My sister knows I'm not drinking but I'm worried. I have a plan in place and I feel so good now but it might be difficult. 74 days, yay!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're all behind you Katrinka - you'll be ok

D
Old 03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Katrinka, hope all goes well and you enjoy your visit with your family, Congrats on day 74
Old 03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

End of day 63, just checking in, feel kind of detached again like a bit hazy, cravings a lot less past few days, nothing that's going to worry me or anything.

Still having lots of thoughts about the waste of all that time drinking, cant change it, But can punish the thoughts by never drinking again.

The more sober days I get the more I realise that alcohell is everywhere, facebook stories of hangovers/fights , reading tweets of puking and drunken excess every other day, feels like the world has been zombiefied to alcohol, I was one of these poor souls once
Old 03-15-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I find I sleep better thinking that all I went through, good or bad, has bought me to today DD...and today's not a bad place to be

D
Old 03-15-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I find I sleep better thinking that all I went through, good or bad, has bought me to today DD...and today's not a bad place to be

D
Makes a lot of sense Dee, thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

DarkDays, I know how you feel I am constantly thinking that I'm gonna die young cause I spent 15 years hitting it hard....I think of it so much it overtakes my day at times. I have the guilt of all the wasted times drinking or being hungover...trying to fake it thru the day like everything is all sunshine and rainbows...puke,puke!! When my thoughts are driving me crazy of my past days of drinking....I try to just let it go..breathe in, breathe out....Even when I was drinking I was constantly trying to figure me out!...reading a ton of self help books, talking to people that have gone to AA for years...talk,talk,talk..trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me and why me?......I'm alcoholic...... I'm so done with trying to wrap my brain around it.. done it far to long..now I'm just trying to be sober for the day...hence the saying "one day at a time"...You know I haven't even said "I will never drink again" since I been sober these 75 days. Which I was thinking the other day about... cause I see alot of people saying that and wonder why I don't say it....?????Not sure??.. See this is how my brain is always thinking......okay class I had alot of sugar tonight went to DQ and got ice cream .... sugar high mode...I will stop rattling on..nite all Anyways Darkdays I know where your coming from...keep up the good work!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
So it goes

Hi Nel
I am 7 weeks dry yesterday. Actually I just did the sums, and that is 50 days today!!! Anyway, my point is that I think one day at a time is more powerful than never again. With one day at a time, I get a result every day, that keeps me motivated and on my guard.I dont have the cravings any more, but I am worried that I will be relaxed at a party or function and someone will offer me a drink and I will think what the hell. So I have to keep my guard up. A bit daft, but addled brain
bp
ps quick edit, saw that was 50 days and 500 posts!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Billy and Nel

D
Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Billy, Nel, Katrinka and all of us, congrats on the milestones. We are racking up some time :-) I hope your visit goes well Katrinka and that you will be comfortable despite your step, who knows, she might surprise you!

Whynot, I so recognize the being to tired, drunk, lazy, hungover or whatever to exercise, still have to push myself now since I know I will feel so much better but at least I have 2 less excuses these days :-)

DD, I so get where you are coming from with seeing alcohell all over the place, it is so much more clear now that I don't have to justify it based on my own behavior. St Patricks day is coming up here in Ireland tomorrow and that is a big celebration of Bakkus with not only locals going for their biggest drunken party of the year but with Dublin filling up with tourists. The streets are filled with people drinking already.

I have been thinking much about going to a St Patrick's party I am invited to, in a way I really want to hang out with my friends, dance, laugh and have fun. Another part of me is afraid of doing what you mentioned Billy, being relaxed-being offered a drink and think what the hell. Unless I feel comfortable I will not...but since basically everything social here involves alcohol then I am starting to feel a bit to much of a reclusive homebody with no social life.... AA meetings are great but they are not really a substitution for a social life, at least not yet.

Anyway, have a fab day all of you!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
So it goes

DD and Limbo you are in UK and Ireland, I wonder if it is a Northern European thing. If there is a big football match on in Manchester, you have people carrying cases of beer out of tesco, and they go and watch it on the big screen , whilst drinking.
I am not all holier than though on drinking, if you can handle it a glass of champagne at a picnic is nice (I cant handle it, I would need a nebuchadnezzar to satisfy my thirst.) but booze is pushed at us all the time on adverts and lifestyle. Is it the same in the states? The only drinkers I can think of in America are Homer and Barney, with a nod also to Norm in Cheers, with whom I can identify, having been an overweight accounting boozer who would prop the bar up.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Billy - don't know about England, but I lived in Europe and alcohol was everywhere. In the States it's all over the place too but not to the same extent. In some states and counties you can't buy hard liquor, or not before a certain time on Sunday, not after a certain time etc... Not that it stops anyone, but it doesn't have the same permissive feel at least to me, that Europe had.

Checking in here. It's Friday and the dreaded cravings are returning again. They came up yesterday and I noticed I had not even thought about drinking in several days. I know what will happen if I drink - I will go on a bender the entire weekend hard core, be freaked out sobering up late Sunday and walk into work on Monday ashamed and depressed. The depression will last about 5 days before my meds start working again. Why on earth would i want to do that? But the temptation just keeps coming-arrggh. This totally sucks!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

All I got to say for now is my class is......awesome!!!! Good morning and thank you guys on the feedback, love it. Well St Patrick's day use to be a big drinker thing for me but tomorrow I am gonna fix my some cabbage,potato, and turkey sausage (its my own St Patrick's meal...lol) or maybe Shepherd's pie and gonna listen to my Irish music...my favorite song because it reminds me of my late Aunt, When Irish Eye Are Smiling. she loved her Irish heritage. Have a great day class...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Love this one.... soo much fun!!! On that note have a great day class
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Dazee, we have some states that have dry counties in them...I remember the first time I heard of this was years ago we were on are way to Branson Mo. We were in some small town close to it, me and my husband was looking for a bar and a local informed us we were in a dry county..no bars/taverns,no liquor stores....I was like what the hell!!!...never heard of it..lol....Dazee stay strong if you feel a craving just check in with us...we got your back
Old 03-16-2012, 01:18 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by nonblondechef View Post
Happy Tuesday, friends. Got to go through my apartment that was destroyed in the tornado yesterday and it is going to be absolutely gorgeous! Very excited and motivated about the future in many, many ways. You all are awesome - thank you for being such a great, inspirational part of my life.
We had a tornado nearby last night. 100 homes damaged or destroyed. Thank God nobody was hurt.