Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Congratulations on FIVE YEARS Dee!!! That is so bad ass.
You do a lot for a lot of people; I know you have lifted my spirits countless times. You really have a sincere way with words and I really appreciate it.

:day2
Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh yeah and I love the new avatar- who is that?
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks IP - it's Crosby Stills Nash and Floyd LOL

D
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Still havent consumed- since November 2011. Just checking in as well.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Just handed in my last two projects!!!!!! Phew that is such a huge weight off my back. I have two finals, one tonight and one tomorrow and then I'm really DONE. (I'm sorry all I post about is school.)

I'm going to be so busy this summer, between a class and writing work and work work, and trying to squeeze in a getaway here and there. Will be september before I know it.

Well I really have to go prepare for this exam tonight, two essays, YUCK. As much as I love writing I HATE writing essays for some reason. Oh well almost done.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you Darren
Hang in there IP

D
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone, Good Morning,

Just a quick check in; just returned from vacation with the family. Day 144 for me today! I beat my infamous 137 from my last round. Vacationing sober had its challenges, but I made it. (Geeze, how so many places really push the booze; yet, I observed that there were an awful lot of people out there NOT drinking alcohol…..including me. )

Glad to see many of us hanging in.
Got to finish getting ready for work.
Glad to be back. Missed you all.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Vantrina

D
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Congratulations Vantrina on the sober holiday, and on passing your goal.
It's starting to feel almost like springtime here, thank god. Warmth in the air. Things are blooming like crazy.
One advantage of being on the west coast.
One final to go.
164 days for me.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Checking in. All is good. Super busy at work, home now and exhausted.
Tomorrow I am going to an all day class on Food, Stress and the Brain. I'm looking forward to learning some new stuff.

I will keep you posted.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Finished school! Now I'm onto my summer work, writing for the magazine and living my other life as a gardener. I hope this is the last summer I have to do it. (Gardening) It was fun while it lasted but I just don't care as much about it as I used to.
Had my first "business meeting" with the girls from the magazine last night. It was tea and coffee and dessert. In my old days I would have had a couple drinks to "relax" before the meeting, then spent the whole time resentful that no one else was drinking and itching to get it over with so i could go home and continue drinking. Would've been at the back of my mind the entire time. Which is why I have no girlfriends, I never cared enough about friendships, it was always about drinking for me. If they didn't drink like I did, they were boring and not worth my time. Which is why I have had so many relationships with messed up people; they had to be as messed up as me to be able to tolerate each other. And I always thought it was because they were more fun or interesting. I realize now I was missing out on a lot and exposing myself to volatility. Which is why my life was in chaos, for so long, and I didn't even realize it.
Anyhow it was nice to relax and chat and get to know these women without being agitated for a drink the whole time. To be completely present.
Well I have to go, have a busy day!
Happy Friday the 13th everyone! Don't walk under any ladders!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend everyone
D
Old 04-13-2012, 06:30 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Quick check in.

Doing fine.

Glad to hear your coffee meeting was comfortable, IP. That's a nice feeling. I completely relate to what you described about the boring non drinking friends. Now I need to find exactly that!

Up early tomorrow for a race with some friends. We meet at 0500. Yikes!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Where is everybody?

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:19 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 04-14-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

I'm here! Just busy writing for this magazine I've signed on with, it is rather nerve-wracking. It's nice and warm here, real springtime is here, YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Well off to walk the dog, a quiet saturday night in for me, I procrastinated writing and now am paying the price, oh well, it was this or bar, not into it tonight.

Hope the weekend's all good for everyone.

I miss everybody!

I really do.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

151 days. Havent gone to any meetings for a while but go on nice walks on my days off.

Went on a date with this chick I've been eyeing on in class the whole semester. It went well but turns out she's not interested in me.

Good thing I have backups. LOL. Other than that I've been busy with school and work. Just checking in.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hey Jeb, it's always smart to have backup!

I just got really positive feedback from my very first magazine submission of my career. Feels soooo good!

What a weight off my shoulders, been suffering some serious self-doubt. Nice to get professional affirmation.

On to the next thing; interviewing an artist tomorrow. Off to prepare.

Happy weekend all, hope your Sundays are nice and mellow!
Old 04-15-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in. Not much going on.

Things are fine. Am experimenting with a no sugar for a week or three. Feel like I need to drop some pounds. Guess all that lemonade and cookies I consumed over the past several months caught up with me. lol. My jeans are way too tight! lol. Have been doing no white flour and no sugar. Now if I could just become disciplined enough to keep working out consistently, I'd be fine. oh well, thinking that "One day at a time" works for getting yourself back in shape too.

Hey Tres, how was your race? Good for you!

InParticular, good for you. I could so relate to what you wrote about being preoccupied with drinking to the exclusion of establishing healthy relationships. I remember thinking that if some one didn't drink, they were boring. Good to be past that. Although I'm wondering now if some people don't think that about me right now…the boring part. lol.

Dee, I know I read just recently that you hit your five years? Congrats on that huge accomplishment. And thank you as always for your continued and consistent positive insights.

Have a good night everyone. Just hanging with the family & the television tonight.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:58 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

IP, sounds like thing are going well for you! What type or kind of artist are you interviewing? Sounds interesting.

Jeb, sorry the check didn't work out, good thing you have backups. Thanks for hanging with us here and checking in.

I had a great day. Invited some friends over to grill and chill on the dock. Perfect weather. Everyone was drinking but me. I guess that's how it is with the friends we have. I was fine with it. One friend kept pushing me to drink. Several times. Just have a couple light beers, or a glass of wine...blah blah blah..

I told her many times I have quit for good. I heard her tell her daughter that I didn't feel like drinking today...wtf? Well I guess she is right, I didn't feel like drinking today. She finally said, OK, I won't ask you again to drink. I said thanks.

Anyway, I had a great day.