Notices

Class Of November 2011 Pt 5

Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Busy busy busy on the road and home late Thursday night. Home for a few days then off on vacation with my oldest nephew for his Spring Break. Glad those of us checking in are doing so great! Keep it up!
Old 03-26-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Administrator

massive congrats to all you guys

D
Old 03-27-2012, 04:22 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Hey all I missed checking in on Sunday night and yesterday. I had a great time at my friends on Sunday. He has been sober 11 years. We talked a lot. Well, I talked most. He gave me a copy of the Big Book. He goes to meetings twice a week. I had no idea he was that involved.

We had a great early dinner. We took the cake my daughter made and it was delish.

Work yesterday and then to the airport to pick up daddy. It was nice not having him as a trigger over the weekend, but I did miss him. We all slept great last night. We are back to our normal crazy little family house without the in laws here.

Now I have to get back into my exercise routine. I am feeling all sluggish. Planning on a swim today.
Old 03-27-2012, 04:53 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Random Guy

Just another update I am two weeks down, longest I have ever gone vollentarily looking forward to a third, and a fourth, and so on.

Tres is sounds like you are really enjoying yourself in sobriety latley congrats!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Resident Curmudgeon

I think I'm about to be tossed from my weekly poker group. These games usually involve heavy drinking by the participants, but since I've been sober my winnings mysteriously have skyrocketed almost every session. Must have sumthin' to do with me not having impaired judgement...ya think?
Just another benefit of sobriety.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Funny how that works Rake it in you deserve it.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good job Bimm! I tried poker once or twice. Of course I was drunk and couldn't figure it out! I really never have liked cards much.

My friend that I saw Sunday gave me a copy of the Big Book. He keeps extras with him in his car. I started to read it, but haven't gotten too far. It all seems to make sense to me. He also sent me a text just asking how my day went. I thought that was nice. I told hubby all about our talk and that he is going to check in on me every so often. He was fine with that.

Today I felt very anxious. Not sure why. Still learning all these new feelings that I have. It was sort of a fight or flight feeling. I swam for 30 min and it dissipated a little, but not completely. I had a good talk with my hubby about my feelings, triggers, and told him that I am thinking about going to a meeting. He is supportive, but not sure what he needs to do or say. I don't know what to tell him either. Maybe he needs to read the friends and family forum, or maybe al anon meetings?

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Up in the middle of the night tonight, can't sleep, too much tea maybe? Didn't eat much today so I know I'm off kilter. Been working too much, major series of presentations at work…I'm enjoying it, but I'm over tired I think.

Have to be ready to get up for work in two hours. lol, lol. Just be glad you won't be anywhere near me tonight when I am exhausted and very very grouchy because of this. My family will be thrilled.

Had a weird experience the other day related to my new found sobriety (130 days today), I SWEAR I had the sensation that some connections in my brain were reconnecting; I swear it. It was as if my brain reconnected with some areas…and things just got clearer, my thoughts, my perceptions…clearer.

Am I crazy? Don't think I am. ((Just what I need! lol.)) Have noticed an overall improvement in everything since I stopped drinking, but this was like a subtle, but obvious shift ; it was like when you are being tested for new eyeglasses and the eye doctor asks you to look through lenses as she flicks from one to another asking, "is this one clear?…or, is THIS one clearer." Feel like my perceptions were flicked up to "clearer." Cool beans, as they say.

Hope you all have a good and sober day today.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Cool story Vantrina. Thanks for sharing that. I hope you had a great day and can sleep better tonight.

I had a good Wednesday. Thats my crazy day at work and up until now I think at least once during a Wednesday I thought about drinking. Today I did not think about it once.

The first thing I saw when I got home was my hubby packing his cooler with beer to go to the neighbors. Its his night with the boys.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think connections do get better for sure Vantrina
Hope you have a good night Tres

D
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hi Ninjas!

tres: that cake sounds awesome : )

Vantrina: Good thoughts

INH: Congrats!

Bimm: $$$ ; )

InPart: Congrats on school

I'm waitingg to have some energy. I am sleepy all the time. I have yet to get that sobriety bump. I'm also having a bit of a health pickle. I've got a minor surgery scheduled for April 18. I'm goign to get a tooth fixed in a moment. Stuff that I put off while drinking is piling up and I feel like I'm 80!

Toodles : )
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Got 134 days. I still can't believe my 21st birthday is Saturday, my family is taking me out to eat in the morning (Cause I'll be sleeping all day) than I'm going to work.
So I'm doing good, still not thinking about drinking. Hell yah, so excited, Life is good right now.
"See me climbing back on that wagon, got my swagga back, I was dragging
hopped back on it, grab the reigns, now I'm the master"
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Congrats Jeb, that's great! Happy Birthday too.

Catfry, hope your ailments are all small and easily fixed with no pain.

Good day for me. I had a girls dinner out for a friends birthday. Everyone was drinking but me. These were all my old drinking buddies. No one said anything about my water with lemon..so that's good. I didn't want to drink but the Margaritas looked refreshing and brought back lots of memories.

Talk to you all later.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure there are as many non alcoholic drinks that look and are just as refreshing Tres

Happy bday for the weekend Jeb

D
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Five months today! We went out for dinner to celebrate, and had a delicious decadent dessert, after figuring out that I've saved around 33,000 calories since quitting drinking!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me. That is so awesome.

Can't believe it's been five months since I've had alcohol. Seems unreal. I tried for so long to quit drinking and now I've done it, and life is really good. I am so thankful for everything that I have right now. All the stress in the world is nothing compared to the gift I've given myself, the gift of LIFE, of experiencing life.

I'm so glad that hell is over.

I have a BIG day at school tomorrow, I am reallllllly nervous! But I'll get through it and then it will be on to the next thing.

Happy friday everyone
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Congrats to all! I came down with pneumonia while travelling. :-(. Home now trying to rest up for vacation starting next Thursday. Wonder how all the others are doing?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone,

Good luck tomorrow, InPartic
Good for you for sticking w/the lemon water Tres

Just hanging tonight; glad to see what was an intense week come to a close. A good week, but crazy busy.

Have a good and sober night everyone.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:19 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations IP and good luck tomorrow
get well soon marine

Have a good weekend Vantrina - and everyone else too!

D
Old 03-30-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Marine, get lots of rest. I part, Congrats and WOW that's alot of calories!!

I am at day 150. Woohoo!

I agree with what you have said about this wonderful gift we have given ourselves!

I had a good Friday. I still feel a twinge to drink on Fridays after work, today was no different. I tried to make a drink like I used to have minus the vodka. Rasberry lemonade crystal light with lime. It tasted horrible to me. Too many memories in my mouth I guess. I went back to the hot tea.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:43 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Congrats to everyone on another sober month! As the baby in the group (11/30/11) I'm always the last to celebrate.

Got through that rough patch about two weeks ago with the warm weather, friends, and everything else triggering a desire to drink. Nothing major since then.

Stay strong everyone.