Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Lofty, don't you be taking chances and playing armchair doctor ... if that happens again, get yourself to the er! <-- said in stern "mom voice". We need you around here, and I'll bet your family would agree.

Have fun at the gym, Frances!

I work today and then meet with the pastor to discuss Sunday morning. I've been re-reading an old textbook on Revelations that I had from when I was in seminary, and I'm thinking I'll structure the music this week around some of the visions from that book, especially chapter 5. Hopefully it will be very powerful. I love where John is weeping because there is no one able to open the scroll, to bring about God's plan for the redemption of the world, and the (sound of timpanies) LION of Judah enters (think power! think potential energy and dominance and a ROAR!) .... and He's a Lamb. Not only a Lamb, but a Lamb who's been slain. And He opens the scroll, and takes on the responsibility for all mankind and for the continuance of the Kingdom, and all of heaven falls facedown in worship. Wow.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, PBC. Will do. I think I'm due soon anyway. I've had episodes like this before, but that racing heart thing wouldn't just stop this time. Anyway, its' definitely time to take some of the strain of weight off my heart, as well as the fat that I'm sure is built up around it. Health is the new perspective; the new goal. Physical. Mental. Spiritual.

Wife and I had your oatmeal custard this a.m. and loved it. I made a double batch and nuked them in three separate custard cups; two with frozen blueberries (1/4 cup each), and one with fresh. Frozen was much better. A full cup of blueberries would have been too much for us, I think. I liked how the egg congealed for the custard effect. We've never done that.

I like your message/music idea. Powerful. I am introducing my bible survey course on Wed a.m. at Men's breakfast. I'm excited about it.

Good day, all!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchables! 3rd night of crap sleep. Half of it on the couch due to a tummy ache. The night before, I enjoyed the couch due to a snoring man. My shoulder hurts every morning and I've a headache. Ok, I think all the negativity is out there now.

When you mentioned finding those books, Lofty, it reminded me. I found my "moderating your alcohol" books awhile back. You know..the ones I got the first time I realized I might be drinking too much and needed help cutting back. Those were a little disappointing, tho, cuz the idea was to help you to only have 3 drinks in a 3 hour period. THAT wasn't what I wanted!! I just wanted to get drunk less often!! Then I have the "ok, that didn't work..now I really need to quit" books.
Unbutton those pants!

Good to see everyone sounds good today!

Hope everyone has a good day. Sorry it's Monday, I can't do anything about that. My little one was bemoaning the fact that it was Monday AND he has Art on Mondays and he's not a big fan of Art this year. Don't you wish you had his problems??
Old 01-30-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Editor

i CANT BELIEVE i DID THAT?????WHAT WAS I THINKING????? It was like an outer body experience. I just went to the store bought it and before I knew it....It was done. I had cheated myself, my friends, my family....I am embarrassed to come back to all of you and let you know that I have failed...but it happened!

After I was done I felt guilt, remorse, and disbelief that I had actually broken down and failed....The scoop just went right into the gallon of Dutch Chocolate with such ease. It filled my bowl so perfectly as I crushed the butterfinger to go on top. My mouth salivates even now as I type about it. I must be strong I must not finish the rest tonight.

I hope that everyones week starts off strong. I was so week last night. But it was sooooo good. I dare not step on the scale today!

Good job on the workout PBC. I was there in spirit.

Lofty- There aint nothing wrong with a nice pair of overalls. They leave lots of room to wiggle.

mirage-get your tummy in line! Why cant you do something about this monday thing?!?!?!?!

I like holding hands frances....I am in!

Happy monday all!
DAve
Old 01-30-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I had a snorer next to me as well. Had to wake her 3 times, and she still snored.

I also came across one of those books, Mirage. I scanned it, and realized I didn't like it, so it remains in storage. I've had a couple like that. I figure, once you've established the threshold of "drunk" you will inevitably reach it again if ya keep on drinking. But, it was good to reflect and come to that conclusion.

The secret is to shrink my belly, not unbutton the pants! It's nice to be able to wear sweats to work most days.

Hope the headache and shoulder get better!

OK, Dave, you had me going. We were posting simultaneously. Glad it was just that. Lots of forgiveness there.

I kinda went cold turkey on ice cream yesterday, and have had a low grade hunger in my belly this morning. I was also like Pavlov's dog, and salivated at your ice cream description. Wonder if I can make broccoli sound that sexy?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

LOL..overalls!! Lofty..for the love of all that's holy, DO NOT BUY OVERALLS!

I didn't buy it at first Dave...then I did..then I didn't. But it made my face hot for a second..guess that's adrenaline.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

You ALMOST had me, Dave but I believed in you....and kept reading till you got to ICE CREAM.

Back from lunchtime dentist. Clean teefs, no cavities. I have a Miracle Molar that's 90% filling...my dentist did such a good job that it just keeps going and going. Every 6 months he checks it and it's still good. Knock wood.

Love your inspiration PBC! It's Lamb season!

Making good choices this afternoon, I know you all are too.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Editor

You all know I wont drink again.......but my sweet mistress will always be waiting in the wings. I just cant visit her as often.
Dave

I am talking about icecream if you are reading this Kelly.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:50 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Well I didn't think so, but you didn't throw the proverbial "PSYCH!" in there quite fast enough for me!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Editor

Psych!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Editor

Guess that was really slow!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Editor

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

One of these days, Alice...!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm here. Still reading and praying, just not good at banter and don't know how to join in.

Depression is finally lifting some, thankfully.

Been thinking a lot about going back to drinking lately, just want to numb out. My marriage is lousy, I have no way out, might as well go back to oblivion. I KNOW this is not the answer, but it is very seductive. Clinging to my 10.5 months right now, don't want to have to start over, keep reminding myself what I was like at the end. DS no longer here to see it, no one is.

Rosie
clinging to the edge

this dang program logged me out in the two minutes it took me to type the above. SO many times I have a response, and this feature just makes me not bother, and I do check the remember me box.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Prayers for you, Rosie. I really hope God turns around your marriage. I know how lonely a bad marriage can be. Just 6 months ago, we were ready to call it quits and had been at that point for at least 6 months prior, and then for years before that off and on.

Have you ever been to Retrouvaille? If you think your spouse might go, I recommend it. It's a weekend retreat for the marriages of folks like us. I can almost assure you that something will come of it. There's follow-up too, but we didn't stick with it after the immediate retreat follow-up. It's a Catholic outreach, and costs $300 for the weekend for a couple, for those who can pay.

Glad your depression is lifting. My ADs have helped me immensely. Plus, we've had sunshine here lately.

Wife and I are going to Dave Ramsey's FPU. Second class is tonight. I am assisting as one of the group leaders, because of my job. There's about 50 in attendance. Should be good. Glad you recommended it. That made a difference to me.

Thanks for posting. I hope you keep posting. Don't let stupid technology hold you back!

Peace,
Old 01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

(((Rosie)))...aw sweetie, I'm sorry things aren't going well right now. You're right, though, the drinking won't help, it will only hurt. I know for me it made me feel really, really sad. I don't have depression, but it alone brought me down a lot. We're here for you, please post when you want to.

I'm not sure of the program Rosie is referring to that boots her out. Does anyone else? Maybe we could help her with that??
Old 01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Rosie, if there's anything I can do to help you cling to that ledge, let me know. I'd be happy to clear a space further in where it's safer ... and maybe seatbelt you in. I'm sorry things don't feel good right now. It sounds like you feel very alone, and I want to tell you that you don't have to be. You don't have to "say the right things" with this group ... just be you and we'll support you. You're a Marcher! We're not a perfect bunch, but we're here for each other. You, too. (((((Rosie)))))) <-- cyber hugs!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

And Dave, I should smuck you for messing with us like that! Razzle frazzle!!!!!!

As for the ice cream, that's totally okay! The minute you make it a "forbidden" thing, you'll crave it like crazy. Allow a little bit every once in a while. If it's an issue to have in the house, then go out for a serving or just buy the single serving containers. I had ice cream last night, too.

Think BALANCE. If MOST of what you eat is filling, nutritious, and healthy, then you can have some treats, too, and still lose weight. And, you'll be able to stick with it long-term.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling Rosie - but there's never any answers back the way we came...I hope you'll post here a little more - there's no rule says you need to banter lol- it's a good thread for talking things out and you're find support and understanding here.

I don't know why some people get logged out - sounds like a cookie issue maybe?

Some find it's useful to use notepad or wordpad to compose posts - that way even if you do get logged out, you have the post still

D
Old 01-30-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
I know, right? Since when do we have to class up the joint??
Leave the joint alone ,I like the class its in now.