Notices

Class Of October 2011 pt 4

Old 11-19-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Nick

Location: Illinois, If you would like to know where just ask.
Well tonight more like the past few weeks have been really tough to stay clean and sober if im not drinking its the weed. Its really starting to irritate all the work i put into the program and then im out drinking with an old friend from treatment or smoking weed by myslef i know this may sound easy to kick but its been a constant struggle hopefully someone has some feedback for me thanks.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

by the programme do you mean AA LS?

Have you spoken to your sponsor? do you have one?

D
Old 11-20-2011, 03:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

(((HoneyPie))) I'm so sorry you're going through all of that stress at the moment. You have been such a support to me and to others, I hope you will be able to show yourself the same compassion and encouragement during this time.

Keep posting and let us know how you (and your dear son) are doing. Thinking of you during this challenging time.

Hugs,

M
Old 11-20-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good Sunday Morning, Octobers. Thanks so much for all the honest posting this weekend. There is no reason our forum should ever settle down....sobriety is a way of life that needs tender loving care. We can't do it alone!!

honeypie...dear friend, thank you for sharing your huge challenges. you are so strong!! i am here for you, as you are always here for us. stay connected here and let us support you through this transition. :ghug3

littlesparrow...so sorry your puppy didn't work out. i have a shelter dog and she is such a joy. it took a few tries before the right dog came to me. i know you will find a perfect match soon, because your heart is open to welcome a new dog.

zenjen....Avoid euphoric recall at all costs; drinking isn't worth it - even though some of those memories are fond.... instead, create new sober fond memories. Thank you for this. The phrase euphoric recall is awesome, says it perfectly. In AA new sober memories are called sober reference. When you do something sober that you used to do with alcohol, you create new memories, retrain your mind to refer to good sober times.

This week has been very difficult for me. I have not picked up a drink, but it was so hard. Thoughts of the pleasures of wine were overwhelming all week long. I went to a big AA meeting on Thursday and shared about it honestly, weeping in front of the whole crowd. Just the grief i feel at not having my wine, how hard life is without some pleasure and relief, how i don't want to disappoint my girls, how it's so hard to face hugely difficult situations dead on without the veil of wine to relieve me.

I have a good job and a nice little house in a pretty neighborhood, and a lovely family and a cute yellow lab. It all feels like it is going to fall apart, and I have to have my strength to face this situation and be there for my girls. My husband has fallen in love with another woman, it's been nearly a year now living with this. He loves me and doesn't want to leave, but in my heart i can't continue in half a marriage, and it kills me to think of what this will do to my girls. My secret drinking had been difficult for me in a private way for years, but when this happened, i totally lost control, to the point where i was putting myself and my girls in danger. So my sobriety is a question of survival. I need to stay strong so I can plan and prepare for the next phase of my life. I can see that he is in awe of me now that i am sober and getting stronger and more involved in things...he almost seems a bit afraid of me. We will see what happens.

thanks for reading. peace and strength to all.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Good Morning All, today is day 30 for me I thank God for letting me find SR and credit the love and support that I receive for finally making it through the first 30 days. Sorry, Gerbosko - I don't know why my "hijacked brain" even thought about egg nog! Littlesparrow - Take care of yourself. I know for me, feeling physically bad puts me on the path of relapse road. Which is ridiculous because when you are ill is when you really need to pamper yourself. God bless you for trying to adopt a shelter dog. I have two rescue dogs and it can take a few attempts to get the right dog. I adopted one dog and named it "lucky", but "lucky" had some issues. He was only with me a few days, but growled and attempted to attack the other dogs. Another dog I rescued did the same thing. I feel bad that these poor dogs were never properly socialized. I gave them back to rescue - I would NEVER return them to death row (animal shelter). So, kudos to you for adopting from rescue! You are literally saving a life Livinsober - They say the first 30 days that cravings can come on for any reason. After 30 days, we should try and ascertain what feelings are bringing on the urge. Then we can learn how to deal with them in a healthy fashion. Perhaps, a daily inventory might help? Watching out for: self-pity, self-justification, self-importance, self-condemnation, dishonesty, impatience, hate, resentment, false pride, envy, negative thinking, criticizing, unbelief, giving up and half measures. Instead strive for: humility, modesty, self-esteem, honesty, patience, love, forgiveness, simplicity, generosity, positive thinking, look for the good!, faith, determination, full measure and commitment. Please take it one day at a time Goodcheer - You never cease to amaze me! Your determination and commitment in spite of what is going on in your life is divine. Each and every one of your posts inspires me daily. Wishing everyone a happy, sober sunday!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Thank you all for being here. Words can't express the gratitude I feel. You are all like angels!

Goodcheer, now it's my turn to give a hug, to you. Your situation sounds very hard. Keep doing the right things every day, every hour and minute. You are so strong!! I am so proud of you for all those AA meetings and for sharing and being so open.

I believe the more we open up, whether here or in meetings or with a therapist, the more space there is for healing to come in, and I have even seen it first hand with my son right now. He clams up and nothing gets better. He opens up and talks and things are softened, solutions seem possible.

It is so good to have each other here. I am not going to isolate anymore. I really do need you guys. So thank you again for continuing to show up and for your love and support. Extraordinary.

TANJA!!! Congrats on day 30!!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Geralt, I believe you are committed to sobriety or you wouldn't be taking your antabuse. Seeing sobriety as a miracle/gift is something I am working on daily. We spent a long time in active addiction and it is going to take a while to change our ways of thinking. You are dealing with two addictions at one time and that is amazing and gives me hope each day. Give credit where credit is due. You are a strong and inspirational man
Old 11-20-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi all...

Can I join the October club? I've got 30 days today, and didn't want to muddle up the daily threads unless I was sure about it this time. Lots of great stuff reading through the previous October threads, well done everyone, and keep it up!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Welcome Redshift! Congratulations on 30 days
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I just posted what may be an important thread for new folks who are new here and I really hope it helps.

Thread is here

Welcome redshift .

Okay, even though I just walked 4 1/2 miles, I think I need to go do some more! almost 70 outside!
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Tanja and Redshift, congrats on 30 days!!! You rock! You should be so proud of yourselves. Keep it up!

Goodcheer, my goodness, you deserve a hug! :ghug3 Keep charging ahead. Your girls will have to deal with this one way or another, and I know they'll so appreciate having a sober, present, involved mom. They're lucky to have you as a mom, and you're lucky to have them. Even when the road is tough, we're here for you.

Gerbosko, 70 degrees?! Get out there, even if you're just sitting outside! It's 43 here and I'm sure Wisconsin isn't 70 either.

Everyone, thanks for posting. Your advice and experiences are so important to the rest of us. I still can't believe what an amazing group of people is here.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Wisconsin is in the 30's right now lol...

I've been out enough today but might go out once more, I'm not sure yet. I cannot possibly leave right now because I'm watching a football game. Tomorrow is going to be 71.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Great thead today Gerbosko.

Welcome Redshift and congratulations to both you and Tanja for your 30 days!!!

Goodcheer, I am sorry you are having a hard time this week. I was feeling the same just a few days ago, and I wanted to head down to the store to pick up my friend Johnny Walker, and say screw it. I ended up going to Barnes and Noble instead and bought a bunch of books, and curled up with them in bed with my dogs. Those temptations are rough, but I feel better knowing that I am now stronger than my urge to drink.

I'm amazed at the difference between where I was 38 days ago, and where I am today.

I'm proud of all of us sobertobers.

Honeypie and Zen Jen, stay strong and stick to that chai tea.

I'm grateful for all of you and for SR.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

Some great posts here lately

Welcome to the thread redshift - and congratulations on 30 days!
and congratulations to you too Tanja!

Thanks for your post Goodcheer - as always, honest and inspiring

thanks for your thread too Gerbosko

D
Old 11-20-2011, 12:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats to Tanja on 30 days! - Welcome and congrats on 30 days to Redshift!

This thread is rocking again!

Right, ever since I finally got sober for the last time 42 days ago, I've wanted to ask everyone this - what does your nickname mean - how did you come by it?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Bozley is my dog. I call him bozboz, and I absolutely adore him. It gives me a reminder of something I love everytime I log on here.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Thanks Bozboz - did you name your dog after the bloke in 'Charlie's Angels' in the 70's by any chance? I think he was called Bosley?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

LOL!!! That is exactly why I named him that.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

What about you? Why General?
Old 11-20-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Argonaut

I am Geralt of Rivia, The Witcher (insert sword-yielding smiley here ) The Witcher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia