Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 58

Old 06-01-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

it is even more humid and hot here....it's 7:15AM and the temps are still 89-90....icky-sticky.

no cooking in my kitchen tonight, i'm not even hungry....they kepp saying we will get rain, but the sun is shining...liar-liar pants on fire mr. weatherman.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - same here. We seem to have the same weather. Tomorrow - 85, Friday 79! Yay.

Dogs don't want to eat or do anything but lay around with fans blowing on them. Then they'll sleep all night. Don't know how they can sleep around the clock.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
no one commented on my age comparison of the wayward turtle to Rusty Zipper????? i slipped that one in too early this AM???
Oh I saw it and am quite certain we will be seeing the "hairy eyeball", oh yes we will!

Mothers, hide your children, there shall be hairy eyeball everywhere.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

andmeandmyBFFkeep runningback to the woods to search for Mr. Snappy mouth...weshould have taken him to the pond! duh,hindsight, i am a blonde and she is a redhead...lethal combination.

I am here to report that DEFINITELY stuffing a dryer sheet into your bra works at repelling nasty biting bugs!!! it is a great find...i was outside for a 1/2 hour watering the gardens...which is when i have been getting chewed on....not one bug lit on me...nothing in my hair, neck or ears...i even rubbed the dryer sheet on my arms and feet....they are certainly cheap enough...i think i paid 1.99 for 172 sheets of lavendar scented ones at wally-world....and they smell much better than bug defense....thanks to my neighbor who told me to try it...i think she read it on Heloise Hints.

tomorrow i can whine about cleaning my mother's house and whatever i find.....then i am going for a pedicure and Friday for a much needed haircut...my layers are floppy.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thanks for the tip on the dryer sheets. And lavendar is supposed to repel bugs anyway. I'm going to get some and try it myself. Wonder if it would work on the dogs?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I'm the one with the small suitcase because I shall shop as I go.

fands
he must be as old as RZ!

Bingo Queeny!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
cmc

I can't come up with a whine with that hairy eyeball starin' me down!!!

(a late in the evening) Wednesday Whine-ku for yas:

I know of no whines
that are able to withstand
the hairy eyeball
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

See what recovery is doing to me? Whine free tonight. Nooooo!!!!
Night whiners!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I know of no whines
that are able to withstand
the hairy eyeball

cmc, you are the queen of whineku.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I am whine free also.. how is that possible.. is recovery that good? I think it just maybe...rock one whiners!

Oh... just a little one.. heehee

Wee man 4 woke me up at 2.30am, flicked the light on and shouted(sounded like shouting anyway!) I'm going to the toilet Mummy! Breakthrough..woohoo. Then woke me again at 5.50am... toilet again and need for cuddles in my bed. Cuddles is code for...."let me chat 90 to the dozen while you try to sleep because you know I am not really going to sleep again but I will let you pretend for the next 45 minutes that it may actally happen"...... ahh well.

Could be a worse whine or way to start the day than a 4yr olds take on everything from breakfast options to running teddy bears!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:22 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I had no electric for most of the day due to the "neutral" going out on the electric companies box. What ever that means? Anyway...It caused a surge in power and guess what....some things got fried. One of them, my best friend...lol...was my computer. Toast. I'm on a dinosaur of a computer right now. Luckily I just recently backed up my system on a portable hard drive. Oh well.... at least I'm still online and I have my important files saved.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Gymi, its a small mercy, but well done for backing up recently. Is one of those things on my perennial 'to-do' lists.

Doesn't get done mostly because as established am actually very bad with this stuff & don't know how to...

Back at work, rest of family & their weeks worth of wet washing due home tonight.

Should I be more cheery??

Last edited by RebelAngel; 06-02-2011 at 02:44 AM. Reason: can't spell
Old 06-02-2011, 03:13 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

love the Ku Mrs C!

fran & manz, this too shall pass

gymi condolences on the puter

Whine unto others as you would have others Whine do unto you
Old 06-02-2011, 03:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Excellent Whine-ku, CMC!!

Zipperman, I am obliged to defend all age remarks, especially since I believe I am older than you....remember our picture? It says it all.

Queeny and Zip

Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

ah, but Ann you look 20 years younger....skin care, make-up, home cooking......

i am off from work today and turned the alarms off last night...BUT one went off anyway...and i know i reset it properly....the timezone thing is showing correctly so it must be a glitch in the settings...i was very annoyed to be woken up at 5;20AM for no reason, the old trigger of taking a drink "to get back to sleep" was front and center....Happy to report that a 5000mcg of Biotin works much better...and the only residual effect is healthy hair growth.

i have much to do and am vamping up the coffee to get started.....my mother's house is the first important thing to do....i can at least open the windows for some air.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:23 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning whiners coming to you live from B-town

OMG the plane as it was about to land hit a patch of very.very, bumpy turbulence

Then I found out about Springfield Ma having a tornado the last one was in 1955

Ma was declared a state of Emergency EEK

So my dad picks me up at Logan 9pm no rain but lighting well we hit I-90 and bam we drove into one of the biggest and hardest rainstorms I have ever seen. I was almost under the seat cause my dad couldn't see and was taking two lanes. I finally said "Dad pick a lane"

I am okay but my poor brother had his house hit by lightning, they had to call the fire department and their basement is flooded

How is that for a few whines lol

Have a trouble free Thursday
Old 06-02-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Newby, glad you got there safe and sound.

I have no whines yet today. Supposed to be sunny and pleasant and I have nothing to do today so the day is mine!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I turned off the AyyyyCeeee and opened the windows so Pookie can have his fresh air....he likes to "sip the air"...(like a fine Chardonney)?

So yesterday we topped out at 93 degrees....the weather channel tells me it will be 48 degrees tonight? ya' think?

I gotta get my buttisimo started...Least since you are not busy, please come and help me clean???? you can do the fun stuff...like give Sammy his bath and then take him for a stroll, i'll even let you water the plants.....
Old 06-02-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Newby, YOWZA! That sounds SCARY!!!!! Glad you are there safe & sound but sorry for your brother's woe.

My Whine: "HEY YOU! NEGATIVE VOICES OF DOOM IN MY HEAD! SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!!!! YOU TOO CODIE VOICES. GET THE F*CK OUT OF HERE"

I whine to be a winner.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
cmc

I hate my internet provider.... (I'm firing them as soon as I can set up another one)

And now due to all the trouble with them....my toolbar is missing and I can't get it back I can _always_ get it back btw...not this time tho. I spent over 5 hours straight...on the phone with them trying to find just one person with manners and their brain intact. sheesh

and....another week goes by without getting my allergy shot... a major setback for the course of treatment I'm afraid

huge hugs to all you wonderful whiners....don't forget:

Whiners are winners.