Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 58

Old 05-31-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fandy, this is your 'sobriety bathroom' and you deserve it! It's your money and you can spend it any way you like. Don't you dare feel guilty!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sammy will look spectacularly spoiled in that bathtub! the floor is soooo pretty i do not want to cover it with a rug.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Whine: I need a "sobriety couch" and I feel like I don't deserve to spend the money on a really really nice one. Plus, I have codie issues about "not knowing how to" find a good one for a good price. (wah wah broken childhood I was never taught how to do adult things the adult right way.)

My pattern is to cheap out as the easier path.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dentist whine....

I have a "dry socket" I have NO idea what that means, all i know is that it fricking hurts!! I also have an infection in the gum and an infection in the jaw bone, Yipee!! Not!

Antibiotics that I have been repeatedly told NOT to drink with, Now why would they stress that part with me?? Anyone would think I liked a drink?? Oh and my personal favourite, The tooth that was causing me soo much pain had (and I quote) Debris left in situ, that she accidentally put the filling on top of?

So basically you telling me that you left some crap in the hole you drilled in my tooth, then you buried in with a filling?? SO I have had pain for the last week that has made me want to claw my own face off cos you Effd up???

So for dinner today I have had two brown bananas, cos I can drop them into my throat and swallow without chewing..

I am soo pissed off, and it hurts and I am sulky like I sulky thing, and my face is fat and my eye is swollen and I want my mum...

Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Frances, I discovered in my sobriety, that I absolutely HATE my couch too....it's furniture, the mark-up is like jewelry.

(many threads back i shared the information from my previous relationship with the Israeli guy who wanted me to marry him and he owned 3 furniture stores....I got a lot of stuff out of that relationship...including a new bedroom set, livingroom furniture and a Celebrity Tempur-pedic)...my neighbors kept asking why the furniture truck (driven by a giant man named Moustafa) would come by every week.

i would ultimately like a couch type of thing with an attached chaise on one end...because the dog is more comfortable that way.

Canter, i think Hevyn? mentioned a dry socket? on the last thread??? or Ann?
Old 05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Newmommykid just put a dent in my damn day! After bitching me out last week for not spending enough time with gk, she called me crying today asking for favors... Amazing how she can abuse me and give me so much sh!t but when it hits the fan, who you gonna call? Mom, that's who! So on top of it being horribly hot and humid, now I will drive her all over hell and back... I love her, just don't like her very much. I will take her to the doctor but will NOT babysit today.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Ah, families, can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em, apparently...

Least - you have my empathy

Frances - 90+ days - YOU DESERVE A NEW SOFA/COUCH. Of COURSE you can choose the right one! Its the one that you can picture yourself stretched out on & don't look at price first, cheap ain't always the way to go.

You ARE allowed to have nice things Frances, OK:ghug3

Fandy - as above.

I will tell you now that have treated self to iphone (was free, just had to sign 174 yr contract in blood) and get tiny frisson of sober happiness every time I hold it. Easily saving monthly contract costs in wine avoidance.

Life is for living & enjoying. Whilst material possessions are definitely NOT to be sought ahead of personal growth & development, is surely acceptable to value self occasionally with pleasant bathroom/couch/garden furniture/electrical item??
Old 05-31-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
is really trying!

...except now feeling guilty that iphone may be product of near slave labour & how much I dislike mega-companies & whether bees will drop dead if I download an app & this tendancy to overthink is something I am really struggling with...
Old 05-31-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
it's that little stupid voice inside my head sometimes...(makes me think i am not worthy)??? I need to kick that bad feeling to the curb.
I had the same thing with lights. My favourite room (studio painted with "Tranquility" (aka pale turquoise with purple streaks) with sofa and art tables which looks onto front garden) is pretty much useless after dark (old house, single light fittings on high ceiling). I have lived here for three years and lights for there and extra reading lights for lounge only cost 13 bottles of wine...which is about what I drank every week for last ten years.

Rebel, my iPhone justification (also a sobriety gift from me to me) is that I can read SR at work and due to time differences, am reading peoples posts at my usual drink decision time (ie 3pm when had enough of work and will be walking past wine store in hour or so). Personally, I have spent years and many dollars supporting NZ small businesses (aka vineyards and winemakers).
Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Canter, That is great news re job

Last edited by TotallyOverIt; 05-31-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added "re job" after reading later post so it did not sound like I was pleased Canter was in pain
Old 05-31-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I bought a sobriety gift last year too....An inexpensive tablet/Nook type e-reader....I thoroughly enjoy it...and i can go shopping for a new book at 3AM if I can't sleep...

only 174 year contract???? I might just buy an iphone too! I have been hedging as i don't want to pay the extra $30. a month for data services...i have wireless/internet both in my office and home...my commute is 10 mins.

what I used to spend on wine, pays for my utilities every month and my cable, internet and land line...and forgive me for repeating myself, but I have been making double principle payments on my mortgage for over a year....(I got a big pat on the head from my accountant for that one).
Old 05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh I cant wait for yall to start using your new phones... I feel a Whine-a-thon on the horizon....

TOI, thank you for not applauding my discomfort!

Least, I agree you cant live with em... Word of caution: bear in mind, they will have the final say on which nursing home you go into...

I am loving the sound of all this swanky-ness going on in peoples homes.. I am very jealous, My hovel could do with a spruce up, Oh no, wait a minute, Its not my hovel, I just crash here... forget that, we'll spruce up mine when I get one..

Whine time: Whatever this cr@p is the demon dentist has put in my mouth, man alive it tastes like a big spoonful of putrid hell...and whats more, the flavour gets stronger when you eat or drink... I will be a size 6 in no time....
Old 05-31-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just got back from the shopping trip from hell... but she did give me gas money and buy my dinner. Now sitting in my den which is currently 86 degrees F and so hot my fingers are sticking to the keyboard!
Old 05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Boy, do I have a whine... I only recently discovered blogging, and my first ever experience with it was SR. I made it a month, and began drinking again, but have been lurking and learning, and still have the goal of sobriety; just not through with excuses yet, I guess.

Anyway, I am also ADD, and looked for a blog supporting those with that as well. I found one, and told my wife about it, hoping she would find some understanding into at least one of my issues. Well, she did. Today, I read her response to a family issue like ours, and boy, did I get knocked out! I knew she was very angry, but seeing it in writing just hit a chord. My response? Guess...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I have to go back and read what I missed - looks like you guys outdid yourselves!

HOT and humid here - recordbreaking upper 90's for this early. Seems we were just whining about the unseasonable chilly weather.

Will be back later - hopefully with something more interesting to moan about.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

These 2 hour classes are killing me. And anxiety sucks. So does humidity, upper 90s, and a car that has been baking in the sun all day with no A/C. That is all
Old 05-31-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I say this in the nicest possible way Lofty - you need a bigger toolbox, my friend.
Take care of yourself

D
Old 05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Same moan, different day... tummy still dodgy, have had another piece of toast... but getting truly MAD at this queezy feeling and trying hard to sit still so that I don't puke is no bloody fun at all. No proper meal since Saturday, its Wednesday almost midday...at this rate I will achieve my weight loss goal for the month in a week flat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now officially the lightest I have been since late 2007....that is a good thing right?

See whats happening I am so sick that I am inadvertantly changing a good solid whine into a grat! Yikes!

Belle..YAY for the job, so pleased for you hun!(Still sorry re gap pain, beotch dentist!)

Fandy... I have one of those sofas with a chaise thing at one end, in fact I can swap it between my 2 seater sofa or my 3+ seater sofa..love love love it... GET ONE!!!!!

TOI.... Purple whine is the hands down winner. Sorry but I peed myself laughing girl!

Must finish on a whine....

Hate getting wee man vaccinated, decided(with the ex some time ago when not the ex) that not all vaccines were needed(MMR mainly)...so arrive at appointment and Ex decides to have another discussion of the pros and cons with the nurse infront of wee man(like he needs that) and make everyone feel embarrassed. Then proceed to tell me that I am not taking the best care of our son because I am against the vaccine?????

Oh NO YOU DONT.... OH HECK NO YOU DONT TELL ME I AM A BAD MUM!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:27 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Canter, congrats on the job!!!

Hugs for the people with sore mouths, more hugs and a bunny slipper kick to those who struggle...you know the drill so just keep doing the "do" things, and a "you are worthy" note to Fandy...sheesh girl, it's a bathroom, not a Hollywood Oscar. We both ARE worthy of our throne rooms and don't you forget it. I'm almost ready to commit and go forward with mine.

Hot and humid here tonight and I love it!!! We always have a nice breeze off the water so it feels like a tropical paradise.

No whines from me tonight...someone has to cheer the Whiner Parade as it passes by, yes?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Newby - We'll be thinking of you - hope you can let us know how it's going.

Canter - Please feel better soon!

OK, here's my whine - I knew I'd find one - TICKS. Yes, those nasty, hateful little blood sucking monsters are all over the place here. I had one in my hair & one was crawling on my arm during the night. When I made the bed, there was a tiny one in it! Probably a deer tick, the ones that carry lime disease.