Notices

Class of October 2010 Sobriety Group Part 3

Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good to read of others who are still off the booze. My motivation for staying off is still very high, and I know I will never go back. My motivation for my training is a little low - so I'm gonna go and do it now! Grrrr
Old 01-18-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Just wanted to stay in touch and say I feel great. No cravings, no drinking dreams, no desire to walk at the edge of the cliff I was skirting....blindfolded.....with a drink in hand.

I am exercising... a lot, biking and climbing my hills daily. I am eating right, sleeping right, taking care of business. Work is very slow right now, but I don't have the fear I had 6 months ago that the sky was collapsing on me.

I am happy, my wife is happy....my kids are happy. Why would I ever want to pick up a bottle again?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

good stuff TDC!

D
Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Dismember

I've learned that I can never expect to be out of the water entirely, but I also love and am enjoying one of those days where I can just sit here and not think of a single sane reason why I should drink, but a hundred things I can do with myself that are all positive.

Hanging out in the public library; still no internet at home. Haven't even seen my housemates to ask if they're interested in getting it.

Coming into the reality of living in an urban place again. This morning I was on the bus at 9am, sitting next to a guy who in conversation confessed he was already about 6 beers deep. A lot of signs of addiction and poverty everywhere. But not a new reality to me (I've lived in worse off places: Detroit and Chicago) but new to me in sobriety. A little bizarre but I expect soon I'll be used to it and maybe can do some work to help fix a little bit of it.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Same here TDC, I was thinking about how in 08' after 30 days in AA sober I was already planning my 'out' - today I woke up and was SO freaking grateful to be sober it's amazing. Can't imagine a single reason either...

Thanks ISa for the post, g'nite
Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see all you guys doing so well

D
Old 01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Sorry i haven't been posting, just the happy, fulfilled sober days just keep running away with me. Just posting on my phone which was causing problems so my post is short. Promise to post properly soon. Life is very good and i love being sober. Take care
Old 01-20-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good Morning (or afternoon or evening....)!

Isaiah - sounds like you have some dreams stirring inside of you in regards in helping others... good dreams. Who better to help others get the help they need than those who have already been through it themselves! All good stuff!

Moo Moos - good to hear from you - was wondering how you've been.

I'm doing good... like is just busy right now -- work and personal. But I'm ok with that - I do have to try to weasle some time in just for me though -- down-time... rest at some point.

Wondering how the rest of the crew are doing... but really glad we're all doing well.

Have a great day and/or night!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Just navigating the river of life.... sober....looking forward to bright tomorrows (and todays).

Day 114 (I think).
Old 01-22-2011, 03:17 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sat morning on a bright day...actually weather wise it is quiet dull but i am feeling very bright..to wake up with no hangover, ready and excited to enjoy every minute of the weekend is great. The day is broken into 3 parts, morning, afternoon and evening. For me the evening was really a right off. I was just waiting for the p to go bed and my hubby to work so i could open the wine. Its has all changed now...evenings are busy planning, sorting, preparing, resting, reading, ringing, just living!! I feel less stressed, no lying no covering up, not paranoid. It is all good...so i need constant animation of why i will remain sober!!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Sorry that should have read affirmation and when kids go to bed..hate posting from my phone..fingers never hit the right keys. Hope you all have a great sober weekend!
Old 01-22-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Moo I totally dug your original version! lmao! Just waiting to pee before going to bed and I need constant animation of why I will remain sober, I was picturing a little cartoon waking up sober in the middle of the night in shock (what? no hangover!?!), and again in the morning same expression (what? no hangover!?!) and again middle of the day going for a lil nap...(what? no hangover!?!)

So happy to hear you are doing so well and enjoying your sobriety!!!! It's such a gift!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I just posted in the 90 days and under thread. I guess I'll just repeat myself here...mostly I was trying to think of something funny or profound to write but not much is coming to mind.

So I'll just have to settle for today is NINETY DAYS! And my first thought after pouring a cup of coffee and sitting down was you should go buy some cigarettes and smoke one to celebrate your 90 day b-day. But I just let that thought go and held onto the next one - isn't it great to be 90 days sober and 10 days cigarette free too!!!!

I have been waking up literally every day since getting sober - 'grateful' - grateful that I'm sober today. And that feeling of gratitude for my sobriety has only gotten stronger and stronger the more 'days' that have chipped away. Sure the first 30 were effin rough but I was still grateful. Now I spring awake in the morning just like, hey life, what's up? I'm gonna live you today!

TDC- congrats on 115!!!

And thanks to everyone else here (dee included!) for the support...it's like I've got my family, my AA family, and my SR family. Pretty freaking cool!

Hope everyone woke up sober goes to bed sober tonight! Have a great day - I'm going to call the family and share the great news.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Swan
90 days

I still wake up every morning and as soon as I turn on the computer, I check up the headline news, check up on my e-mail and I go straight to SR and check up on us.

What a habit..... love it.

Moo,
"so i need constant animation of why i will remain sober!!"

Sometimes I feel like I am my own cheerleader, but some one has to do it. I rather tut my own horn every day that lament the alternate. It really is a change of lifestyle, one that I can control myself rather than leave it up to the addiction to control.

Thanks... TdC
Old 01-22-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Swan congrats!

Day 86
Old 01-22-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Thanks TDC and Akasha.

Congrats on 86!!! Every day sober is worth celebrating for the gift it is, like TDC said...! Off to my Sat morning meeting.
Old 01-22-2011, 05:54 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey Swan! Very, very most excellent on the 90 days!!! Great Job! Isn't it amazing how far we've come? I'm loving it (most of the time - anyway)...

Good job likewise to you, Akasha!

Moo Moos - Nicely worded! I like having my evenings back - well, actually I like having my life back. It's truly is good.

Yeah, I hear you TDC -- even after all this time -- I want to see how everyone is doing so, I'm on here at least morning and evening (during the week I sneak in on breaks at work also when I can). They may need an SRR - SoberRecovery Recovery for us SR addicts

I guess today is 108 for me... don't check much anymore. Figure I'll just go my months unless someone else makes me curious as to the days!

Nite All!
Old 01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to all you guys

Great milestones

D
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
They may need an SRR - SoberRecovery Recovery for us SR addicts
This is one addiction I can live with.

Congrats Akasha. Keep us posted.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on 108ish Really! Yeah, there is this page AA History Sobriety Calculator that I use but I think I'll start going by the day of the month and # of months vs. days as well too soon.

And yes, TDC I second that - SR is one addiction I can live with!

Thanks Dee for your daily support as well!

Bing! 1 minute to midnight, another sober day comes to an end! Good night all!