Notices

Class of October 2010 Sobriety Group Part 3

Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't mean to start anything TDC

they did have Sesame St here in my pre school years tho, yeah - 72/3 maybe?
earlier no doubt in the States

and many congratulations Grateful101010 - great stuff!
D
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Congratulations Grateful!! Hard to post at work right now but good job!!
Old 05-13-2011, 11:38 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Oh yeah.... Sesame Street was around when I was heading off to school... just looked it up - first aired in 1969. I was fond of Cookie Monster myself -- huh, now I think of it, not a very good role model -- total lack of control, now I know where I got it I can blame everything on Sesame Street!!!

Congrats on month number 7, Grateful!!! I think I flew right by mine... totally forgot. I like that, Grateful -- 'strength to surrender'.

My husband and I are going to help with the local Relay For Life tomorrow (American Cancer Society). The place he works has a team... so I decided I'd go with them. Walking around the track for an hour or longer (I'll probably run unless my husband REALLY wants me to walk with him).

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

have a great weekend all

D
Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
My husband and I are going to help with the local Relay For Life tomorrow (American Cancer Society). The place he works has a team... so I decided I'd go with them. Walking around the track for an hour or longer (I'll probably run unless my husband REALLY wants me to walk with him).
Great cause R4R. My wife actually did that last weekend with her sister at our local com college. I believed she said it was a breast cancer benefit and she actually did 2 miles. I was impressed cause she has become a total coach potato the past couple of years.

Congrats.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi all!!! How is everyone doing? I'm doing okay. I will be doing a total of 90 days in here not including the days I spent in detox. I feel that it would benefit me to stay 90.

The last month before I was admitted to the hospital was just one drug binge after another. I would tell myself that would be my last one and I would be right back at a few days later. I just don't want to return to that night I was admitted to the ER.

I now have been clean for 27 days. I will have over 90 when I get out on 7/18.

I hope everybody has a great weekend. Thanks for being a great bunch of classmates.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:13 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear from you Akasha!

D
Old 05-15-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Good going, Akasha I applaud your determination to beat the addiction. You really can do it - within the next couple months I hope you will be able to see that strength in you grow more and more.

Thanks, TDC... my husband is more or less a couch potato (or big, overstuffed recliner potato). He's on his feet all day though as a powder painter for 10 hours a day, so I understand how he can get really tired -- but would like him to do some cardio (being that he's pushing 60 this year and was just told he has high BP).

The Relay for Life went well. I actually ran/walked 6 miles there did about 4 miles on the track and ran 2 miles before my husband picked me up. He had to work so he didn't actually participate. It really was cool getting together with a bunch of people who just wanted to support those with cancer and the research.

Have a Happy Sunday all!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all!!! How is everyone doing? Me, I have 30 days today! Life can be good again!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Niiiice, Akasha! Wonderful job :ghug3
Old 05-17-2011, 12:28 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Sept 30, 2010

Much congrats on the 30 days AK... and my best to the rest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I can be rather impatient (to say the least) but I am very proud of what I have accomplished in the past 7+ months since I decided to change my life around. Why did I not do it earlier? I tried many times, so I don't know if it was just timing, or I finally got so fed up that I saw the real need to change and remained changed for good.

I come to this thread and one of the fitness ones but very little else. Lately I have been venturing out to the general areas of SR and I have come across some post (and posters) that I just feel like screaming at.

There was one in particular over the weekend, without mentioning names, that joined SR over a year ago, has over 1200 posts and can't seem to get more than two weeks of sobriety. Had some ridiculous and pathetic posts that just sounded so infantile, and was putting some of the responders on his/hers ignore list because he/she did not like the responses.

I just felt like screaming at the poster to try to get their s()t together or just get their you know what out of the way or make a stronger commitment to living sober.

I responded to the poster 3 or 4 times over the weekend but never sent the responses because I did not think it was supportive and did not want to alienate or **** off someone I did not know.

Sorry about the rant here, but I just feel that if you are going to go out of the way to participate in a forum about living sober and send more than 1200 responses, do something about your sobriety and not just talk about it.

I'm serious about my sobriety.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:05 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi Akasha!!!

I'm on my phone at work but just wanted to post really quick and say awesome job, I'm very happy to hear you're doing well.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think everyone has their journey Tom - it took me 15 years to first admit my problem, and then to do something about it.

Whenever I feel like screaming at someone, I try and stop, pull back and remember that poster may have been me had I found SR 10 years earlier

D
Old 05-18-2011, 10:11 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Just checking in really fast - busy with work and other stuff. Happy to be sober.

Will try to post something with more substance soon!
Old 05-20-2011, 06:56 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hey all!! Hope all of you are doing well. I will reach day 35 tomorrow. It is a great feeling.

I always knew and admitted I was an addict, but I never accepted it. Yesterday, I finally accepted it. It was a good feeling too. I told my psychiatrist today and then she had me read page 449 in the AA Big Book. It all just clicked at the moment.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember the day I accepted it Akasha - after all the years fighting it and fearing it, it was actually an enormous relief.

Well done!

D
Old 05-20-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

join us here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D