Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 2

Old 12-29-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It's a great avatar VC! And I went to a fancy pants art school, so what I say goes when it comes to personal expression
Old 12-29-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Well there ya have it Dee........straight from the top!!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok, I can't argue with genius

D
Old 12-29-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the comments in regards to my dog.. It was a hard day today at work being that I work in the vet field so I was surrounded by dogs all day after mine was put down,. I made it thru the day tho and now at home enjoying some tea hangin with my other dog.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

So tomorrow's trash day in my neighborhood, and in this city recyclables are picked up every other week. So as I just rolled the big blue container down to the curb, it occurred to me that somewhere near the bottom is the last bottle I emptied. Talk about taking out the trash. Good riddance, I say!
Old 12-29-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
So tomorrow's trash day in my neighborhood, and in this city recyclables are picked up every other week. So as I just rolled the big blue container down to the curb, it occurred to me that somewhere near the bottom is the last bottle I emptied. Talk about taking out the trash. Good riddance, I say!
Awesome RAA. Great time of year to clean house. Speaking of recyclables, my wine rack took a one-way walk to the trash room yesterday. Somebody will snag it for sure.

The recycling bin can really hammer home what went down the night before.

Day 12 coming close to a wrap. Keep it up Decemberists!
Old 12-29-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Way to go on Day 12!

Come to think of it, our recycling bins can now serve as monuments to sobriety! This will not be welcome news to the dude who comes around with a shopping cart every Thursday morning, collecting bottles for redemption....
Old 12-29-2010, 10:57 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I know...I said I was going but now I'm home and I am kind of nervous. I was on planes today and it was amazing not to order an overpriced bottle of bad wine or stop in a terrible restaurant for a beer or 2. There is a meeting tomorrow at noon near my house. I might go...will report back either way. Drinking tea...thinking of you all.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't 'do' AA but I really think it's important to do *something* - especially if you're having thoughts of drinking, maryjan.

I hope you go

D
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoozeFree View Post

In my experience with the handful of meetings I've been to I was always a little nervous and stuff at first but once I got in the room and sat down I felt much better knowing I was just with a bunch of people struggling with the same problem. My issue with AA is that the meetings around here seem to be like highschool cliques and just stuck with the people they knew so I felt like an outsider. That's why I keep giving up on AA but stuck thinking I do need something like that. Posting and reading here on SR has def been a huge help the past 12 days for me.

Well today's day 13. Still so tired and no energy and I went to sleep at like 7:30 last night! I got some news yesterday that one of my dogs will be getting put down this morning bc of a stroke at her old age. My first thought when I got the news yesterday morning was I can't deal with this I need a drink. This is the first loss I am having to deal with sober and I don't know what to do with this sad feeling so it's just kinda here since drinking can no longer be an option.

Boozefree, I am so sorry to hear about your dog. Drinking will only intensify your sadness I would think. But I get that you want to escape that for sure. As for the meetings, I may go to one this week because my sister is in town and has offered to go with me so I do not have to go alone.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hope you all have a great day, stick together, check in as much as you need to...I know I do!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hi class!

Hope everyone is doing okay today. Day # 28 for me - still can't believe it.

Had my first appt yesterday with an addictions counselor. It went well, and I see her again Tues. One thing she said that stuck with me - "Everyone needs a spirit inside them. Alcoholics tend to fill their spiritual needs with spririts from a bottle. Once you quit drinking, it is imperative for recovery (not just abstaining from alcohol, but long-term emotional recovery) to fill the hole left from the bottle spirit with a different type of spirit" Okay - I am not a religious person, but would like to be a spiritual person, and do believe it's very important to believe in something bigger than oneself. I'm just not sure yet exactly what that means for me, but I'll figure it out in time.

She also told me to increase my protein, lay off the sugar (knew I was eating too much, which I guess is very common in early recovery, as our body craves the sugar we were getting from alcohol.) She also recommended vitamin B12 complex drops. Maybe it's my imaginiation, but I used the drops last night and this morning, and swear I have more energy just from using them 2 times.

Anywho - enough about me. Hope everyone has a peaceful, sober day
Old 12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I am still here, just been working a lot and trying to stay busy.

That said...I am still holding on and still sober and still checking in...and I went to a meeting yesterday that was pretty good but I did find myself getting annoyed at a couple people who went on and on and on...sometimes at meetings I get really annoyed at how selfish people can be with their sharing (there is supposed to be a 3 min time limit) so once again I am still in the search for a meeting that's small enough for everyone to share yet near my house somewhat. (sigh) I promise to keep looking!!

One more day in December - tomorrow! Wow!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Glad to hear your appt. went well, Better. B12 drops, huh? I take a mega vitamin that has large doses of B. Wonder if the liquid is better, Better. lol.

Soph, go back to the same one, but this time bring one of those large obnoxious timers.
Don't be discouraged though. You'll find something that suits you better....keep searching.

Met with my new lawyer today for the business I hope to get going....we figured out the corporate structure and other details. Nice guy. Next stop......accountant next week.......hard to believe this may really become a reality! I will believe it when I see a business card with my name on it!

R&A, I gotcha on the garbage and recycling thing. I normally would have barrels full on trash day. I often wondered what the guy thought was going on at my place with all those wine and beer bottles! He probably thinks I have moved!

Big day tomorrow you guys. NYE. 1-1-11. A fresh start, yes?
Old 12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 7 here. I started outpatient rehab on Monday.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:25 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome AnthonyV

D
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Decembers! I know I don't post here a ton, but today is day 30 and I really couldn't have done it without SR. I read every day even when I don't post and it helps so much! Thanks to you all
Old 12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

just checking in! 5 days out... hope your all doing well!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations GFCO
good to see you Puddles!

D
Old 12-30-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hey AnthonyV, day 7 for me too. Just got back from a meeting. A little rough with new years coming up, but I'll probably look for a meeting tomorrow night too.