Administrator

Class of December 2010 Part 2

Congratulations to all you guys...:bounce

Part one here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2010-a-21.html

D
Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Looks like we Decemberists have achieved something here ! Cold day in Chicago, but sun was out, hit my favorite Mexican place on the West side, heading back home early tomorrow. I made it Hope you did too. Day 10.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 2. Had an interview today, wanted a drink afterward and did not. But it's only 5 in the afternoon.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Day 2. Had an interview today, wanted a drink afterward and did not. But it's only 5 in the afternoon.
When I'm having a rough day I try to take it an hour at a time. Sometimes the whole day just seems too long, especially when I get stressed out.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sleepie - I understand wanting a drink after something as stressful as a job interview.

If I gave in to even one want or craving over the last 25 days, and there have been many....well...I wouldn't have 25 days.

GOOD FOR YOU for resisting the temptation.

p.s. hope you get the job
Old 12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm back on to day 8. I had no problem making it through christmas, I was around people who were drinking all the time, and I never had any obsession over wanting to get drunk, or to have a drink. That's the way I am in early sobriety. The first week - 2 weeks I'm fine, no desire to drink what so ever. But I know the time will come when the cravings will start. I've learned a lot over my last few relapses though, so we'll see how it turns out this time
Old 12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi North - good to see you!

Congrats on making it through Christmas. It was a bit rough for several of us here (including me) but so grateful to have made it through sober.

Yes you will have cravings, but they are only thoughts and do not have to be acted upon.

Stay strong!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi! I want to join the class! I'm only on day two but hope that daily I can make steps in the right direction.

I've been binge drinking since college (6 years ago) and unfortunately never grew out of it. I'm hoping to surpass the looming New Years Eve parties, probably just by staying home. Eek!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi from day 7...doing well...so happy to know you are all out there. Puddles,welcome. MG, keep it up! North, I am scared of the same, when the daily struggles set in. Sweet dreams, all!
Old 12-27-2010, 08:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

& Sleepie, thanks for starting this thread...stay strong!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome puddles

D
Old 12-27-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

me too

Hi, gang. I'd like to officially join you all.

I started on this adventure 9 days ago -- the same day I came across SR. I can't tell you how helpful it is to read everyone's posts. But I guess I don't need to explain that, since you already know all about it...

Anyway, I figured it was about time I said hi to my fellow travelers. And Sleepie, special thanks for starting this thread!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

How can you not smile at the name "puddles!" I like it.

You guys sound good!!!!! YAY!

I am doing ok, just a bit absent from here as I am busy with alot of details trying to see if I can really start a business.........

Keep going December-ites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am through quitting, I think. I can't say when it will happen anymore. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I know when I pressure myself with a quit date- I inevitably fail. I haven't much to be here for. Best to you all.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I quit quitting a few times - I just got worse and worse...and worse, sleepie.
I hope you'll be back with us tomorrow.

D
Old 12-28-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sleepie - please don't quit quitting. Hope to see you back today.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello everybody. Waking up day 12 here. I'm happy I have been sober the past 11 days but starting to feel like I need to get out of my comfort zone and start working a 12 step program if this is really going to last. Staying sober by myself is getting a little lonely and I think having some type of support from other sober people besides here on SR would be a good thing too. In the past I have tried some different AA meetings that just seemed really clique like and didn't feel to welcome but I kinda wanna give it another shot. I've been feeling super tired the past few days sleeping like 10hrs at night and still tired this morning! Really don't want to go to work due to the fact that I have no energy but I guess I don't have a choice.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning classmates
Staying sober over Christmas hasn't been any big challenge although I do find people that are over indulging a wee bit annoying. We are going to see the Little Fockers today so that should be fun.
Good to see so many people posting here and putting out the effort to get to where we all want to go.
I am on day 11 for this go around.
Keep at it.
Old 12-28-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Decembers!

I would be lying if I said it has been easy. It has been very challenging this past week. But the cool thing about my staying sober is that there were no meltdowns in my family in which I was a part. Oh there were meltdowns and moods all right. But I was not involved. And everyone noticed! (I sound 16 but I am in my 40's! Sheesh.)

So that makes me grateful - that I, soberly, was maybe on the boring side but I will take boring any day of the week over the other! Also I was kind of noshing a lot and feel a bit on the "muffin top" side but again, I will take that over mad dashes to the toilet the morning after!

So I am back home now from my family visit and my challenge will be, keeping fit and going to meetings and making the choice every single day, to not take that first drink. Especially when the "it's ok, you can enjoy just one" voice tries to tell me otherwise...

Thanks for being here everyone! You help me a lot!
Old 12-28-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Booze Free, I am going to go to my first meeting this week. Let's do it & check back with each other?

I had a dream last night that I was at a work party and I just drank a beer (I don't even like beer!) and I was so confused and disappointed in myself. It felt like it was out of my control and I bet that's how relapses happen...scary.

Sleepy, it's still December. Can you stop quitting quitting in a few days and join us again? I hope so...you are the first poster!