Notices

Class of December 2010 Part 2

Old 12-30-2010, 05:53 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Day 13, callin it. Wow I just realized day 14 will be NYE...I'm pretty sure I am staying in. Totally fine with that. I'll reflect on where I was two weeks ago when I made the decision to change things.

It's truly joyous to know right now, that I will wake up tomorrow and feel no pain--might be groggy, might be hungry, might even not wanna get up, but I won't have a headache or fear or panic over things I can't remember. Good feeling.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey all, I went to AA, but it made me kind of depressed. I will try another one soon...enjoying my tea!
Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm back again. I hope I can quit since I started this thread. I take my shame to new levels. Sorry to be constantly redundant.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

I kept doing the same thing over and over until I did something different, sleepie.
As VC says, if you get up one more time than you fall, you will make it through

I really do hope you reach that point sooner than I did though - it was not a fun journey, and I was damn lucky to get there....

D
Old 12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I hope so too Dee. I am ready to take the steps (not the 12) I just have to say no at the right times. I have the tools, I need to employ them.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Just checking in here. I am still conrstantly tired but I can deal with it. I keep hearing or reading about people talking about vitamin b or vitamin b complex, maybe I will try that. Everyones been talking about new years and parties ect at work and what not, I'll just be keeping it mellow at home.

Earlier today I came home from work and saw some beer bottles on this greenbelt grass area and was so thirsty that at first I was like " wow an ice cold beer sounds amazing" and then once I got inside my house I realized anything that I drank would be just as good being that I was so thirsty so I enjoyed an iced tea instead. Crazy how just seeing those empty beer bottles all of a sudden set off that voice in my head to run to the store and grab some beer. I'm glad I didn't though bc tomorrow I'll be waking up with 14 days sober!

This time getting sober seems to be different then my last attempt. A big part of that seems to be due to my posting and reading on this site. I feel a lot more connected to my sobriety if that makes sense, and at peace with it for tonight.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 11 here. I'm trying really hard to figure out what thoughts are my own, or those produced by my addictive voice. It's amazing how many random thoughts going through my head aren't really my own, but ones produced my the part of my brain looking for its fix.

Basically anything negative, and any thoughts that support possible use of alcohol and drugs are those of my addictive voice. So ya, alot of that BS upstairs isn't who I am as a human being. Kinda sad, kind of depressing, yet at the same time, extremely interesting.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:33 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats GFCO on the 30 days! That's awesome!
Old 12-30-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

having a night where my brain is on overdrive, just thinking a million things a million miles an hour, its frustrating. I used to deal with this with a few glasses of something...but have been talking myself down for the last 2 hours, and have had water with grape juice and hot chocolate...finally feeling calmer.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:52 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notaloser View Post
having a night where my brain is on overdrive, just thinking a million things a million miles an hour, its frustrating. I used to deal with this with a few glasses of something...but have been talking myself down for the last 2 hours, and have had water with grape juice and hot chocolate...finally feeling calmer.

I know what you mean! My nights have been mostly sleepless. Nothing good on TV, don't feel like reading, not sure what to do with myself. I have spent a lot of time here reading other people's posts and stories. It is helping me to know I am not alone. Hang in there. I am on day 6 and trying to do the same.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Bad news: my mother-in-law rear ended a car this afternoon and was given a DWI. She is in jail. After many failed rehab attempts and a family in aggressive denial, we did not accuse her of drinking over the holidays (though she was). No one was hurt, but MIL is in jail. I hope this will be the day she tries to gt sober, but I don't think so. I thought letting her drink herself stupid was what I was supposed to do--but I could have prevented this accident if I had said something. My husband is heartbroken but not surprised. And more tea for me. I canceled our New Years party and invited one friend, who will respect my not drinking. Then I go off alone for a week on a work thing. You will all be in my luggage, and thank you.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:49 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Maryjan, I will be your Samsonite luggage. And please do not blame yourself...you could not have prevented......a drinker will do what they want regardless. Good for you for staying sane through this! I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

Maisy, NotaLoser, the sleep will come.......trust me on that.....and it will truly rock.

Sleepie, quit taxing yourself with starting the thread......doesn't matter!! There is always a monthly class! What counts is you checking in and trying. You seem like a good kid, and smart. I can tell by your vocabulary.....smartie like Better. I was almost an English major so that's my thing..

BoozeFree, I could not be prouder for what it's worth.......you, I just wondered about initially.....and look at you! You are the bomb! Sweetie, you stepped up and did it.....are you realizing that? The best.

Lastly, gotta love the Muppet Master (Dee)! He is not only cute, he gives sound advice!
Old 12-30-2010, 10:13 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please stop blaming yourself maryjan - I'll bet you anything even if you had said something, something like this would have happened, if not now some other time....

I dunno about you - but I never listened to anyone...and I thought that driving drunk (or in my case riding with a drunk driver) was an eminently sensible idea - you can't really argue against that level of irrationality IMO.

D
Old 12-30-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thank you VC, I think I sound like a half wit at best but that really is quite nice of you to say! Sorry to be so one sided in my posts. I read everyone's posts but I just get on here and blab.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi Decemberites!

So here we are - the "Super Bowl of drinking" day. This will be the first sober NYE in about 28 years for me. I won't know how to act waking up sober on NY Day! I ran across some pics from last year's NYE... chugging champagne straight out of the bottle. Not pretty, but actually I'm glad I have them to remind me of how stupid I get after 12 hours straight of drinking vodka followed up by champagne at midnight

We are all still "newbies" at sobriety. Personally, I have no idea what the he11 I am doing. I am just muddling through the days trying to stay sober.

Here's to a sober new year my friends
Old 12-31-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

" super bowl of drinking" haha that's funny but so true betterlife!

I'm off to work this morning. Were closing early though so it's not a full day of work. This is also my first NYE sober in 10yrs. As of right now I'm pretty happy about bringing in the new year sober and hopefully I continue to think that way as the day progresses. I kinda have a feeling tonight my whole everyones have fun drinking and I'm staying home negative thought might kick in, but I've worked hard for the past 14 sober days and no way I'm going to throw that away. I remember when I has that last slip up after 4 days sober and felt like a huge failure and was super depressed about it and don't want to live that again. So I will probably be enjoying a diet pepsi tonight or some tea.
Happy NYE
Old 12-31-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning class.
New Years Eve has never been one of my favorite drinking days. Too many amateurs out and about.
Today I am just going out for a nice steak dinner and then maybe watch some movies or play online poker. A man has to make a living.
I am on day 14.
Happy New Years to one and all.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Three words to describe my New Year's Eve: Lorina French Lemonade. It was almost as expensive as wine, has a nice bottle, and goes well with a champagne glass. I bought two bottles.

Betterlife, maybe I'll guzzle one from the bottle and think of you! (Kidding.)

Boozefree, check in later--I will, too. We are all together in this.

Fubarcdn: steak! Sounds delicious.

Good luck all...let's make it to January feeling proud.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 12 today, tonight I will be around people that are drinking, but they all know I am not drinking and would never consider pressuring me to drink, because they are my family. My parents both drink, they both know I am an alcoholic and they know I shouldn't be drinking for obvious reasons. My brother is a social drinker, he might have a few beer, but that's it.

We are having a fondue, with lots of appetizers that we will eat all night long. I am going to stuff my face with food, there won't be any room for alcohol anyways haha.

I wish everyone a sober new years. Think about how ridiculous it has been in the past, to wake up at the start of a new year, feeling either hungover, or still drunk. What a waste of a life, not remembering the smells, the tastes, the sounds of what life has to offer. Alcohol takes everything, and gives nothing. Just imagine how much better your life will be in another year, if you do not drink during 2011
Old 12-31-2010, 09:24 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Think about how ridiculous it has been in the past, to wake up at the start of a new year, feeling either hungover, or still drunk. What a waste of a life, not remembering the smells, the tastes, the sounds of what life has to offer. Alcohol takes everything, and gives nothing. Just imagine how much better your life will be in another year, if you do not drink during 2011
Couldn't agree more North. Looking forward to a sober 2011!