http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-38-a-20.html

Let the whining continue
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ozy, my friend, I hope you are holding mrs. O together....so sad that her brother passed on her birthday....i believe the angels are holding him and his pain has passed. Mr. Fandy's SIL passed of pancreatic cancer just 3 weeks ago...she never saw her 55th birthday....it was a slow and painful crawl to her death....I won't go into the details about Mr. Fandy's brother, who is a definate IGNORANT Jack-ass, selfish Penishead, but that is a tale for another whine and rant....God will forgive him, but I cannot.

on a happy note!!!! Sammy continues to improve with his housebreaking habits....he is very SMART!!! he ignores the cat food so I do not have to pick up their dishes and move them...this is a real bonus for me. The 3 kitties have pretty much adjusted....the dog chased the Pook last night and I think they both enjoyed it....i woke up at 330AM today....there was this awful screeching in the woods out back....coyotes? foxes? raccoons?.....i was afraid to take Sammy out until sunrise at 530AM..which I did. we did a nice long 1/2 mile (which is a lot for him as he is not conditioned and never had enough exercise..so we are walking a bit more every day....3X a day for the next week....I am explaining to him about Jillian Michael's theories, he agrees he can be a lean, mean machine)! The new small kibble natural food seems to be staying down too....i am learning that walking him before he eats works best...he does not do well with eating a meal and running around which makes him puke. He has a sensitive baby stomach....I've never had a tiny dog....just large ones, my previous dog was an Akita who wieghed 90+ lbs, then a 70+ lb Chow, and in my marriage a BIG male German Shepard....so I have to remember to feed him like the cats...he is smaller than the youngest cat who weighs 12#.

I am very happy with the new pet! i will continue to whine about getting up and out early, but we all know this is good for me. I am forced to be responsible and SOBER. I am forced to get up off my A$$ and function. and truthfully some days i just don't want to....my depression will kick in, it is hard to beat it back, but having and animal to walk and care for helps me....I don't care about myself sometimes, but I certainly do about the pets....

I don't do well with the variety of anti-depressants I've been prescribed in the past. I feel i can't go back to my original psychiatrist because I feel foolish....I think she will have an opinion of my actions, because I was so happy with Mr. Fandy...whoi turned into a giant A-hole and left our relationship for the OTB and the ponies....I am a bad judge of character and I am so tired of being the flipping victim...I keep choosing the wrong relationship, no matter how hard i try...it doesn't work....i am embarassed to tell my doctor I made the wrong choice once again.

I am hoping the dog will help me get past my stupid issues and move on.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Ann....we are moving quickly these days!
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fandy, the screeching in the woods is probably raccoons, it's baby time and that's when they screech the most. It's a frightening sound, almost like an animal in distress, but it's just what raccoons do...well they eat through Rubbermaid garbage pails too.

Oz, thinking of you and Mrs. Oz today. Big hugs going out for both of you.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oz, that makes me happy. I hope God has his arms wrapped around your family today.

Fandy - it's not you, it's them....(I promise)

Horsie - lovely to see you here, my friend.

Ann - I love this thread too, and if it was suddenly gone, I'd be lost.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks for the information Ann...one Xmas eve i foolishly left the chocolate cream tarts i made by hand out on the deck in abox....(no room in the fridge)...by the time company came, we witnessed the raccoon feasting on them!!!!....my brother tried to lure him with triscuts, but he preferred the chocolate cream (who wouldn't)?..This raccoon was huge, with claws like my fingers...i don't mess with wildlife.

Sammy is snoozing on the bed, very happy little dog, I think we have passed his anxiety issues....once the AC is back on we are golden!....Lordy it is hot outside, close to 88 already.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - your post reminded me of my wildlife whine. This morning in the cardboard kitten condo was a chipmunk. Deceased. Don't know if the mama caught it, or the baby daddy brought it to his family. I don't know why they would have to kill something, since everyone's well fed. Ahhh nature.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

having and animal to walk and care for helps me....I don't care about myself sometimes, but I certainly do about the pets....

I can certainly understand this. I feel the same. The dogs and cats are my reason for getting up sober every morning to be the best mom I can be to them. And their reward is heavenly. The licking and tail wagging and total devotion makes my heart overflow with love and happiness.

I have a pic in my mind of Sammy snoozing on your bed, the sleep of a contented dog. ... a contented spoiled doggie!

Give him a tummy rub for me.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

least you are clairvoyant.....this dog knows a good mattress and like the cats...prefers the tempur-pedic!

last fall I walked into the front room (with the white carpet)...to find a large dead fat mouse in full view...with a slit thrat....Both Fandy and Pookie were VERY proud and practically crowing....I was 1/2 drunk...picked the body up in kleenex and flushed him several times...s-c-a-r-y!!!!...in a few minutes they would have deposited it in my bed to *admire*...Look mommy!!!

the dog is very happy, i am letting him relax and adjust to the house...patience is good for both of us.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Going back on my diet tomorrow. That should help my whining.

I quit half way at 10 pounds and would like to lose another 10.

I will try to think like a thin person and walk lots and eat salad.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

..Thanks for the new thread.

..movin' on..AML..ozy..
Old 05-31-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Every few weeks I get a visit from a raccoon on my balcony. A long time ago there was one napping in box I should not have left out there, and I did pet him quickly because I wanted to know what it felt like. Yes, I was foolish and I would not recommend it ("don't do this at home"), because they are basically grizzly bears in overgrown rodent-like bodies and can do a lot of damage with their cute selves. Raccoons and coyotes make the news in Toronto fairly often. Unfortunately so do the animal protective agencies here, and I am sick of hearing about them fighting with each other. (There's a qualifying whine, ha ha, but I will leave my politics at that.)

I wish I could walk my cat. Or trust him with himself outside.

The latest from him is that he loves......CARROTS. He reacts to them like it's a form of catnip. (I haven't introduced him to catnip though.)

And I woke up this morning feeling something round jabbing into my thigh. It was the ball, strategically placed there on the bed by the "cat" yet again, so I could find it and take the hint.

Getting closer to getting him a cat mate.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Toronto - I wonder if it's the sugar in the carrots? I have just the mate for your baby. Five of them, in fact. Free shipping. :help
Old 05-31-2010, 03:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ann there is new show starting on TV this week where Jillian Michaels moves in with you and removes bad food and yells at you for a week...,if you like I can arrange to send her to you?

Sammy is naturally thin...but his fur makes him look fat...and fluffy. he needs a flat iron for his long hair...maybe i should use the maxi glide on him?
Old 05-31-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hev
I love this thread too, and if it was suddenly gone, I'd be lost.
hev, when i started this thread, i dont remember when,

i put it down on Cafe' Central, it was kind of a flop there...

at some time down the line, i asked anna or MG if i could move it here,

well, the rest is whiners history...
Old 05-31-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's always been a special & fun place to come to, RZ.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'd be lost to..Hevyn....

tanks Zip.and all the 'mods'....
Old 05-31-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Toronto!!!! you are lucky that little sucker didn't bite your hand and give your rabies!!!

you would love Sammy, he is very cat like for a dog....he is now a rockstar in the neighborhood.

the cats seem to have adjusted to the new intruder...everyone now smells the same...the new dog actually bounces up on the bed...like he owns the space.

RZ were you always such a visionary????? I think whining is universal in all aspects of life...whining and kicking A$$ does wonders for my moodiness......
Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hevyn, Ozy,

When I saw this poem, I was so grateful....
It's what my mom read at my dad's memorial service....

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there, I do not sleep
I am in a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night
Do not stand at my grave and cry
I am not there. I did not die.
Life is eternal...
Ozy, I'm so glad that you will be using this at the service of your BIL.
It's so meaningful, and just so beautiful.

Whine?
Back to work tomorrow....
Throat tight already.

Shalom!