Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 39

Old 06-01-2010, 05:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Fellow Whiners...on behalf of Hevyn and Mr. Hev, please meet five special blessings from Heaven above (shown at 5 weeks old) ~

Old 06-01-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

at'a boy bam, enjoy the now

group treasurer whine!

the back has started charging monthly fee's for account balances under $750

as the POE doean't have all that much money other then prudent reserve.

so how to solve a problem was the way for the day.

bank, bank manager, my bank, my bank manager, they all were asking for things i did not know,

groups ID #, Groups Tax #, on the checks are a # left from the last treasurer (Big Dan)

i had some #'s written down, just didn't know what was what,

so Mr Brilliant i am, i decided to call WSO NY

ppfftt!, what a run around, just can you connect me with someone that can answer these questions,

well, after transfer to transfer, i got disconected

i let it go, and moved on with the day,

will yap with another group member, also maybe CB can be of some help,

we have a group meeting sunday night, and we as a group can come up with a solution.

ohoh, dig this, they said, if the group opens a business checking account, all we have to do is use the debit card once a month, for as little for a cup of coffee.

we aint a business, and we drink gallons of coffee!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Smile

..just got my chest X-ray results..
No pneumonia..
Mild bronchitis..

..good news,hey???
.but blood pressure is a bit high..could be stress..
..now awaiting blood tests..fingers crossed....ozy..
Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oz, that's great - and I'm sure the high bp is from stress.

Thanks, HB!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hev, I still want all them fur-babies!

If the beauty-cutie-patootie in the 2nd pic is the one who had trouble opening her eye, it's probably cuz they're so *big* for that tiny little face (and soooo blue).

OK, you whiners with testosterone....no kitty gushin'?????

C'mon, now, show your soft side...LOL
Old 06-01-2010, 07:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What beautiful kitties! I have enough of my own now (3) but hope they all go to good homes. Maybe some kind vet would charge you less to spay mama so she won't be a mama anymore.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Unhappy

..Thanks HBuzz for the memory of 'Louise'..

..such a great talent...ozy..

Old 06-01-2010, 08:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ozy,
So very glad to hear no pneunomia!
I get bronchitis alot!, yuck!
Your blood lipids will come back in a few days.
Let us know.
With all you've gone through lately, don't worry about the slightly high BP. Let your doc know what's been going on, and I'm sure s/he will check again in a few months after things calm down. It will be fine.

In the meantime, try deep breathing techniques:
Deep Breathing

By concentrating on our breathing, deep breathing allows the rest of our body to relax itself. Deep breathing is a great way to relax the body and get everything into sinc. Relaxation breathing is a part of yoga and martial arts for this very reason.

1. Lie on your back, or sit, comfortably, with your feet on the floor and your back supported by the back of your chair.

2. Begin to inhale slowly through your nose. Fill the lower part of your chest first, then the middle and top part of your chest and lungs.

3. Hold your breath for a second or two.

4. Then quietly and easily relax and let the air out, through your mouth, exhaling longer than it took to inhale.

5. Continue to repeat for 6 cycles, feeling the fresh, cleansing air as you breath in and the toxins release as you breath out.

6. If you find yourself getting dizzy, then you are overdoing it. Slow down....

7. Then, forget about your breathing as you move on to

Progressive muscle relaxation:

This technique is often most useful when you tape the instructions beforehand. You can tape these instructions, reading them slowly and leaving a short pause after each one.

Tension–Relaxation Procedure
For this form of PMR, you will (a) work with summary groups of muscles rather than individual muscle groups, and (b) begin to use cue-controlled relaxation.

The summary muscle groups.
The summary muscle groups are as follows:
1. Feet
2. Calf
3. Thighs
4. Abdomen and Chest
5. Arms,
6. Shoulders
7. Neck
8. Face
Instead of working with just one specific part of your body at a time, focus on the parts. For example, feet replace toes and foot muscles separately.

Cue-controlled relaxation.
Use the same tension-relaxation procedure as full PMR, but work with the summary groups of muscles. In addition, focus on your breathing during both tension and relaxation. Inhale slowly as you apply and hold the tension. Then, when you let the tension go and exhale, say a cue word to yourself (below). This will help you to associate the cue word with a state of relaxation, so that eventually the cue word alone will produce a relaxed state. (Like Pavlov's dogs. )

Many people find that cue-controlled relaxation does not have to depend on only one word; it may actually be more helpful in some situations to use a particular phrase. Some suggestions for cue words/phrases are:
Relax, Let it go, It’s OK, Stay calm, All things are passing, Trust in G*D,

Step One: Tension.
The process of applying tension to a muscle is essentially the same regardless of which muscle group you are using. First, focus your mind on the muscle group; for example, your right hand. Then inhale and simply squeeze the muscles as hard as you can for about 8 seconds; in the example, this would involve making a tight fist with your hand.

Note. Beginners usually make the mistake of allowing muscles other than the intended group to tense as well; in the example, this would be tensing muscles in your right arm and shoulder, not just in your right hand. With practice you will learn to make very fine discriminations among muscles; for the moment just do the best you can.
It can be very frustrating for a beginner to try to experience a fine degree of muscle separation.

Because neglect of the body is an almost universal cultural attitude, it is usually very difficult to begin learning how to take responsibility for body “mechanics.” So take heart and realize that learning fine muscle distinction is in itself a major part of the overall PMR learning process. PMR isn’t just about tension and relaxation—it is also about muscle discernment.

But also relax a bit and realize that no part of the body is an isolated unit; the muscles of the hand, for example, do have connections in the forearm, so when you tense your hand there will always be some small tension occurring in the forearm. When PMR asks that the hand be tensed without tensing the arm, it is really speaking to the “clumsy” beginner who, out of total body ignorance, will unthinkingly tense everything in the whole arm.

So if you accept the fact that you are simply in the beginner phase—rather than perceive yourself as somehow inept—then you can have the patience to discern the fine muscles with practice.

It’s important to really feel the tension. Done properly, the tension procedure will cause the muscles to start to shake, and you will feel some pain.

Note. Be careful not to hurt yourself, as compared to feeling mild pain. Contracting the muscles in your feet and your back, especially, can cause serious problems if not done carefully; i.e., gently but deliberately.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation, stress management

Step Two: Releasing the Tension.
This is the best part because it is actually pleasurable. After the 8 seconds, just quickly and suddenly let go. Let all the tightness and pain flow out of the muscles as you simultaneously exhale. In the example, this would be imagining tightness and pain flowing out of your hand through your fingertips as you exhale. Feel the muscles relax and become loose and limp, tension flowing away like water out of a faucet. Focus on and notice the difference between tension and relaxation.

Note. The point here is to really focus on the change that occurs as the tension is let go. Do this very deliberately, because you are trying to learn to make some very subtle distinctions between muscular tension and muscular relaxation.
Stay relaxed for about 15 seconds, and then repeat the tension-relaxation cycle. You’ll probably notice more sensations the second time.

And finally,
Guided Imagery

In this technique, the goal is to visualize yourself in a peaceful setting.

1. Again, lie on your back with your eyes closed, or seated, comfortably with your feet flat on the floor and your back supported.

2. Imagine yourself in a favorite, peaceful place. The place may be on a sunny beach with the ocean breezes caressing you, swinging in a hammock in the mountains or in your own backyard. Any place that you find peaceful and relaxing is OK. This will be your "safe" place. If nothing comes, give it time. If it still won't come, imagine what a safe place would be like if you *could* imagine it.

3. Imagine you are there. Visualize and *feel* your surroundings. What do you see? What is it you feel? Is it the warmth of the sun? Is it the refreshing water? Now, what is it you hear in your peaceful place. Can you smell anything? Flowers? A barbeque? What other sensations do you feel? What is it that makes you feel safe here? Or is it the absence of something that makes you feel safe?

But, for now, just *be* here. Relax and enjoy.
No harm can come to you here. Your unconsciousness is protecting you.
If something bad comes, simply wish it away. This is your place of safety, peace, comfort and serenity....
Allow your conscious mind to enjoy the gifts that your unconsciousness is giving you....

Recognize which of your senses comes to you most strongly? That is the quickest bridge to your safe place. You may want to practice strengthening the others senses on further visits to your safe place too. You can return to this place anytime you need to or want to. You know, now that this place of peace and safety exists within you.

4. And when you feel you've had enough time, or your thoughts begin to wander, it's time to return. Breath in through your nose quickly, to the count of three. Then, exhale slowly, through your mouth, to the count of 6-10. Do this 3 times.

You will return, refreshed, relaxed, and at peace...For you have just visited the home of your true self....

(Click to read more: Relaxation Techniques - note, some of the notes where taken from here. Some, I changed, to reflect what I use and teach to my students - who co-operate!)

By the end of these three processes, you will feel relaxed and renewed. If you do these in bed, you may just fall asleep. It may be helpful to put these on a tape, and listen to them with no outside interruptions - tv, stereo, kids....
So, enjoy, my friend....

Shalom!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
part time member

# 50 (permalink)  

:day6..thank you 'Teach'..

..very good infomation...
  # 51 (permalink)  
To Life!

I have to go back tomorrow!!!

The guidance counselor did not tell me that the kids had a MATH exam today!
Neither did the KIDS! Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
Make up exams are tomorrow.
So, I have to go there to give them their exams tomorrow....

As I said they show or they don't.
Their choice.

Tomorrow is my LAST DAY, either way!
And yes, last period kids were total JACK ARSES today!!!
Even after I told them I was leaving.

My second period class was unhappy about my leaving, though....
And the few juniors in my first period class too. (Seniors in their exam.)
So, I did feel for them. But, it's just too late.
I did what I could. It's over.

Good night, Irene, well, it's time to go!
Do do, do do do

Shalom!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks, Teach!

Got to step 4 of the deep breathing and began hacking up a lung from this flu.

Actually, today it's gone more from hacking up the nasties to that annoying tickle in the throat.

Gratefully, I quit smoking 7 mos ago. The first 6 weeks were tough. No real cravings since then. God willing, I'm done with them forever.

Ozzy...imagine...Madame Bourgeois came to popular acclaim in her early 70's!!

Truth that we're never to old to follow our dreams and our passion.

Glad your med results were good, oz. You got some stress goin' on but I know you'll be ok. you're a tough nut.

Zip, I still get the WSO and GSO newsletters and bulletins from my AA involvement years ago (for non-AA'ers: WSO=World Service Organization). AA does wonderful things, but it is a business.

Your local GSO office should have all the #'s you need and is a smaller org than the WSO. They'll very likely ask you to replace Big Dan's name with yours as Treasurer, which might be a good idea anyway. There's a form you'll need to fill out to make the switch, but if tax id#'s, etc. are already in place, you should still be able to keep them if you want to.

Also, half-way down the left, on page 3 of this link (under Bank Accounts) you'll find banking tips and financial info for AA groups. Good luck!

http://www.aa.org/en_pdfs/mg-15_finance.pdf

G'night all! Dream with the angels ~
Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Restless. Can't sleep.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:32 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

BIL's funeral is tomorrow..

I'm so proud of the families organisation and Mrsoz courage...

..will be playing...Amazing Grace...Wish you were here..
and Stairway to Heaven....

and of course..that beautiful poem sent by Hevyn..

(plus the sun-glasses)....
Old 06-02-2010, 01:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We'll be with you in thoughts today, Oz.

Hevyn, those kitties just melt my heart. I want the little orange fella, I'm partial to orange furbabies. At least keep that one so I can share his childhood through you, okay?

Sending chicken soup for all the sick people here. Hope you feel better soon.

Zipperman, surely the bank can forgo service charges on an AA bank account!!! That's just corporate greed at its worst.

Good luck today Teach. Summer is waiting for you.

Least, I've got the coffee on, help yourself.

Good Morning Hugs to my whiny friends. A whine a day keeps the grumpies away.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

better news ozy, good, dunno about that.

as hev mentioned, De-Stress Mode

new TV Show,

"Techniques with Teach"
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
To Life!

Have a whiny day!

Shalom!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:13 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

hey everyone, I can barely keep up with both myself and this thread....

Hevyn, those kittens are SO cute...keep them all, in the house...they are small, how much extra room do they take? I'm sure you will adopt them to good homes. Ann wants the orange one, you can ship him Fed-Ex?
Old 06-02-2010, 09:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Keep the Princess....you can call her Clarice!