Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 39

Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toronto68
I get a visit from a raccoon...I pet him quickly because I wanted to know what it felt like. Yes, I was foolish and I would not recommend it.
T - from that post, I'd guess you were an adventurous child, no? LOL

I'd be lost without this place too. It's good for the complexion and oh so many other things...thank u Zip!

am still recovering from this flu; it's on the downslide but it can't be over fast enough.

Hev, any luck with the babes finding new homes? Or is your offer to let Toronto have 5 mates my answer??

Fands, funny book out called: It's Not Me, It's You (by Stephanie Wilder).
Subjective Recollections from a Terminally Optimistic, Chronically Sarcastic and Occasionally Inebriated Woman.

am gonna hit the hay, so hey whiners, nightie-night! ZZzzzzzz
Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I've been avoiding this thread because my sense of humor has taken a vacation (for the most part).

I'm not happy...but I'm still sober. Miserable and sober.

My meds aren't working...haven't really been working for quite a while. I have therapy in a week and a half...and I'm going to tell her I'm not taking any more meds. I've been sober for over a year now...and I did need meds at first....but I have to wonder if what I'm on right now is making me worse. I can't handle these swings. Nothing's working. I know that when something in one's life isn't working then one needs to change what one is doing.

If SSRI's and SNRI's don't work and neither does Wellbutrin, WTF am I supposed to do? I'm big on taking meds when one needs it, and I obviously need help, but maybe the reason it's not working is because my brain likes to stay at a set point and fights the manipulation? The longest a med 'worked' was for about 1.5-2 months...and then the effectiveness went downhill in a hurry.

No wonder most addicts don't make it. I don't have plans to drink...I want to make that clear...but I have plans to stay sane and that isn't happening. What am I supposed to do?

I don't expect advice or replies, I'm just b*tching. And I'm nervous for work tomorrow. I can't handle all of this.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

..Bam..a flower,for a flower..

..may your days get brighter...luv...ozy..
Old 06-01-2010, 01:10 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Bam))) I have no solutions, just hugs.

Toronto, my cat Toby went deaf in his later years and could no longer wander outside on his own because he wouldn't hear any predator sneaking up on him. So I tried a leash (which he had previously not accepted) and it worked fine and kept him safe.

He got so that when we went for walks I could just carry the leash in case he was having a "curious" day, and he'd walk right beside me.

Morning whiners! I am putting the coffee on for the morning shift here.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

****{bam}}}

fands
RZ were you always such a visionary?????

HB, hope your on the upswing soon.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
To Life!

HB,
Hope you are feeling better soon...

Bam,
I hear you about the meds. Take care. You will know if you made the right decision. And go slow, follow your doc's advice with a taper off to avoid any problems.

The Memorial Day weekend was great. Yesterday had a haze in the air, though, from a forest fire in Quebec, Canada! Ann, did you get any of the smoke where you are? It was pretty bad here. We could even smell it. The news said 100,000 acres were burning out of control! An air quality alert has been issued by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, too. I just read that 1,000 people have been evacuated from their homes; the fires were started by lightening strikes and over 352 square acres have already been burnt....
Prayers for the people of Quebec; the firefighters and all who suffer due to these horrible fires....

Off to get ready for senior exams!
Good luck to those who've done nothing but complain;
it's time to put up or shut up!

Have a whiny day!

Shalom!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:46 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bam!!! I hear you!!!! as someone who has been on several different anti-depressants none of which worked with alcohol consumption...maybe they would have if I quit drinking, but ALL of them made me gain weight....Of course I was flipping depressed when i was GAINING 5-6 lbs. each week....DUH???

welbutrin did not agree with me at all....it just made me nervous, sweaty, jumpy.

I sometimes take SAM-e an OTC supplement when i remember to buy it..it is stupidly expensive....when I can get designer drugs for $10.00 a month, and pay $50. for OTC??? I just balk at this.

Fandy is asserting himself on the tempur-pedic..He is mightily annoyed that the dog dares to flop down on his sacred bedding., The dog does not care or know that the cats are insulted.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Air is clear here, Teach.

Good luck on those exams, go easy, give good marks just because you CAN

I remember a special history teacher in high school, who added my exam wrong and gave me 10 extra points. Good codie (and honest person) that I was, I showed him what happened and he let me keep the marks for being so honest. YEAH TO ALL HISTORY TEACHERS!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
To Life!

Ann,
I've let kids keep the extra points for being honest too!
I think it's a "teacher thing."
Helps to reward them for being honest!

I am going to be as lenient as humanly possible.
But, I have to keep *some* integrity.
No shows get a 0. And that gets added in to their average.
Their choice.
Kids that do a fair job, get extra points.
Kids that do a good job, get a great grade.
No one can complain!

Then, I'm outta there!

On my way....
Have a whiny day!

Shalom!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Fandy, yes, I know I was pushing my luck. I was able to sneak in the "pet" because he was so groggy and of his scrunched up position in the box. One pet was enough.

Humble, that's a great illustration. I wouldn't say I was that child all the way, but I did stick a nail into an extension cord once, and I got the message, ha ha. Actually years later, I was yacking on the phone in our basement and my sister came round to open up an old fridge with one hand while hanging on to a metal support with the other, and she started screaming. I pushed her hand off the pole and that was that. Must've been an electrical hazard going on there, but I don't remember the details, other than my father saying I saved her life. Who knows. There was some adventure, but I picture an extremely boring childhood and don't pay too many visits!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam - I too wish better days ahead for you. It's miserable to feel unsettled. I've tried wellbutrin & had the same results as Fandy.

Teach - Glad the school year from hell is almost over.

HB - No kitties adopted out yet & it's still too soon - they'll be 6 wks. Sunday. I have to admit I'll miss them, they are beyond wonderful.

I'm so thankful to not be hungover and shaky - or recuperating from a 4-Day bender.
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Big (((hugs))) for Bam! Good for you for staying sober despite the rough road you're on right now. :ghug3
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

sigh.

pls let the record show that the 'thanks' button seems to be on hiatus.

tried posting a heartfelt happy whiner's day here and SR tanked on me...this is what it spit back at me:

whaaaa! LOL

thanks for the well wishes. my head wants to explode and the stock price of Kleenex is dramatically up!

((BAM))

Hev, I know you'll miss the fur-babies. just wondered if any word was already out that they'll be ready to to take up new residence in another 4-6 weeks.

speaking of kitties...in my contagious and sickly state, I've coughed, sneezed, sniffled and blowed with Raven laying right beside me for the last 5 days in a row.

How is it that our pets don't catch our colds or flu???
Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Ann there is new show starting on TV this week where Jillian Michaels moves in with you and removes bad food and yells at you for a week...,if you like I can arrange to send her to you?
Queeny does not tolerate yelling *harummph*

Bad food is gone, lots of healthy choices in my cupboards and fridge....trick for me is "portion size", if it's good I keep eating

It took a long time to lose the first 10 pounds, so I have given myself 3 months to lose the next. That means behaving myself and yet allowing myself the odd treat (like ice cream) once a week. Also, this is the best time of year for walking or hiking and the more I do, the better I feel.

My whine today is brief. Earl the squirrel is a pest when I want to sit outside and read. He thinks I should have a goodly supply of peanuts to toss him and circles my chair looking pathetic until I give in. Shirl, his wife, just had babies and you'd think he would share with her, but nooooo, she comes and watches him circle waiting patiently for me to toss her a peanut too. And my bluejay, Mr. Blue is cut off ever since he pooped on my book (lucky for him he missed me)
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Shirl and Earl the squirrel and Mr. Blue the bluejay...LMAO!

Besides Raven, I've got a fish named Swish.

And here's Mr. McNutty checkin' out the hummingbird feeder. he doesn't share his food either...humphf!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I spoke LOUDLY to Sammy today...he started to squat/pee on the bedroom carpet...he immediately stopped and I hustled his body outside where he was lavishly praised for peeing properly....it was his first accident in 48 hours...he really is improving and he has much less anxiety
Old 06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, all.

I feel good right now. I don't know why, but I'll take it.

It's funny...I know my meds aren't working but one of the reasons I stopped taking the Wellbutrin is because I kept forgetting to get it filled. That's the one I can stop without withdrawls (I think). The other...I'm still taking it at the dose prescribed. I'm going to have to call my doc soon about that one. That one's a must taper.

If I can get off these dang meds and hold tight for a couple months after I'm done taking them I can have a better idea of what state my mind likes to settle in (the only med I'll stay on for sure is my beta-blocker...I def. need that one). Then I'll know if I need to be on meds...if I need to keep trying...and I will take meds if I find that I need them (that is, if I can find something that works).

I don't think my therapist will be happy with my decision, but I say 'tough cookies'. It's my life...things are crap...and I want things to get better. Therapy in a week.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling strangely quiet and unambitious today. Almost feeling sick but not quite. Early to bed tonight, I think. Sleeping is one of my favorite sports.

Hang in there Bam and do what feels best for you.:ghug3

Sammy, good boy!! Good boy!! Give that good boy a tummy rub or a treat.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:36 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I hear ya, Bam. You're the best judge of how you feel.

My doc tried to switch one med I've been on for 20-some years - same dosage - same mg amount - the whole 20+ year's time.

I was miserable with the weight gain, zombie-eyed, sleepiness, etc.

He finally said okay to my don't fix it if it ain't broken statement.

Good intentions I think (he had), but glad to back to normal (whatever that is). LOL

Enjoy the feel goods whenever, wherever they happen!
Old 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam - I'm so glad you feel better & that you're addressing this. What you say makes alot of sense.

HB has kindly offered to post my kitten pics. I thought I did it right, but ended up with the dreaded Red X - so had to go whining to her. Thanks so much for your help, J!