Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 39

Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - I'm the same way - I get so irritable, & that's not me.

Teach - Glad it's over and you're still standing.

Oz - Such gorgeous fur people. I am glad your BIL is at rest & you and OzMrs can begin to heal.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Ozy, I am being a selfish witch....your kitties are cute...do they meow with an accent? I hope your family is recovering from the loss and that your BIL's pain is now ceased and they can take comfort in that.

I have so much to do and people at work are holding me back, because I can't do my work, unless they do their work first!!!! (that is why they have to pay me extra to work on the weekend, because THEY PROCRASTINATE)....my weatherbug says it is 90.3 degrees now...i don't like that!
Old 06-03-2010, 12:25 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
cmc

Wowie.... there's lot's of wonderful whines here for me to catch up with!

So many whines....so little time to read them all.

oh....there's more. The mega dose of Vitamin D stopped my bone loss but uh-oh....but now a liver enzyme is up and so is the cholesteral inspite of using meds to bring the bad (LDL) down. I have loads of the good HDL cholesteral...sheesh... that means more dr appts and bloodtests too, to try and find out why I'm so fatigued all the time. ugh I'll find out more in a few days about the latest test.

And as if being a human pincushion at my local lab isn't enough....there's a skeeter hiding out in my bedroom trying to get some of my blood too!!! He/she is hiding way up high where the hairspray won't reach. (once sprayed....they can't fly) I woke up with a nasty welt on the inside of my forearm....it's the size of a quarter.

I luv ya, whiners. Whiners are winners.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Skeeter Whine-ku for CMC...

OW! Dang you skeeter!!
You took my blood you vampire!
Hairspray is your fate!

Old 06-03-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
cmc

That's a good one! TY Queenie for the whiny-whine-ku. :ghug3

Last edited by Dee74; 06-03-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just a tiny whiney... bored and tired but too late in the day to take a nap... maybe some coffee...

If it's not one thing
it's another - money woes
are breaking my back.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I would continue to whine about how hot and sweaty i feel, but you are all sick of hearing it....however every whine has a silver lining.....this heat makes have zero appetite...so I am NOT overeating....some diet!

Sammy is jumping all over the place, the heat doesn't seem to bother him....but jeeeeeezzzzz....he wants to cuddle and it is too HOT!

i am watching the strange man with the silver crewcut on the weather channel....hoping for a cooling shower!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

It's been looking like Armageddon here back and forth all day.

Sunny one minute followed by clouds, winds, black sky then downpours.

No a/c required.

Managed to get some much needed laundry done today. Was pulling feathers out of the washer while removing clothes piece-by-piece and was afraid of what I might find at the bottom of the tub. Never found a former resident...whew!

I think the feathers were from a down-filled pillow that Raven was having an affair with recently (in the height of their passion, I think some feathers flew into the clothes pile that got washed today).

Today is day 7 of this $#@! cold, flu, viral nastiness. I think I cracked a rib from hacking so often and for so long.

It's a heckuva way to diet...yogurt, soup, juice (and ginger ale for those moments when I really wanna get crazy).

Wwwhhhhaaaaaaaa.

(Thanks button is belching again and I don't have the strength to go back and try again). Have read all the posts. Some good whines! Misery does like company...
Old 06-03-2010, 04:05 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Can you folks tell me the proper format for whine-kus? And please, do explain in detail. It looks like fun...I want to try.

I'm not happy with my weight (although I'm in a good mood right now). Seriously...one time I tried to starve myself.

...I lasted 16 hours.

I was going to give up chocolate today. Was. I'm eating some right now.

I like food...and food likes me!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

A haiku is seventeen syllables, five in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the third line. Doesn't have to rhyme. They're really fun.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What Least said is right, it's easy and fun...

Line 1 = 5 syllables
Line 2 = 7 syllables
Line 3 = 5 syllables

No rhyming required, no logic necessary, just fun.

My whine is I wasted time today worrying about something that never happened and the worst part is...I KNOW better. I have been beating myself up for this and hope a good whine just gets it out.

Tomorrow I shall be perfect again
Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

OK folks, I'm a newbie whiner (here, anyway) but I'll start with a whine-ku:

To the tailgater
Who flipped me the bird today:
Think I'll go slower.....

Ahhhhh.........that feels better!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yeah, Sneezy!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:38 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Stomach felt queasy
I relieved myself promptly
Green turd in toilet.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Fandy, that description at 9:39 is almost explosive for a whine, wow. We have a break from the heat up here right now.

It's weird how sometimes the post looks like it will go through (status bar at the bottom looks normal for a split second, then it sits there and you know what that means). Sometimes I leave the site and come back and find the post there; other times it didn't make it. If I knew the reason behind it, maybe I would have an easier time of it.

We've had rain on and off the last couple, but I have liked that dosage. Has been remarkably beautiful other than that. I've already had corn (cob) three times and made another huge vat of macaroni salad and it's not even officially summer yet. Looking forward to the cherries, if the squirrels will let me have any. The el Nino winter was a laughingstock for us this past year, and yet I am getting into summer way more than I would have expected. I guess that's a sign of my rebirth?

I'm slowing down on the desire for sweets. I won't share how often I've had ice cream since I quit drinking, but it has decreased some. It won't help my post-boozer stomach, and it would be nice to keep improving on that. They say that males store it in the belly, and women in the posterior area, perhaps an oversimplification. Well, I don't know if I'd want half of it transferred there, but maybe I could do with a quarter, ha ha.

I'm hearing some really idiotic things about this G20 summit they're having here. Sonic guns or whatever they're called. And complaining about other security measures in that part of the city. Well, do we want to sit back and not participate in this stuff? Another thing that irked me in the news was hearing the Red Cross is supposedly training the Taliban on first aid and whatever else. I suppose that's as far as I should go with my politics. Whine, grr!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

You know, you folks really shouldn't have told me about haikus (although I should have been paying attention in school and already known).

You're going to be sorry. Ha ha!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Saw geese at the creek
Two parents with ten gosslings
the size of footballs.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Camera in hand
I crept upon the gosslings
and scared them away.

Last edited by Bamboozle; 06-03-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: too many syllables. :D
Old 06-03-2010, 06:00 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Only one image
of geese upon the water
was worth the effort.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Bam,

You have a talent for the haiku!

Love,

Lenina