Notices

Whiners Anonymous..Part 38

Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

HBuzz..it's an aussie chocolate milk thingo'..
"Its marvarlous what a diffrence,Milo makes.." lol..

..thanks all,for the kind thoughts...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

I love chocolate milk...

HB, where did you get a picture of my hope bucket?!?! It's been looking better than that lately, which is good. I got some good gum plugging some of the holes. I think more hope goes in than out these days. And you're right, we must think of a new name...

So, have you ever had those thoughts of "I really need to______" that keep coming back? Usually about something you don't want to do? I keep feeling like I need to make a visit "home," aka where my mom lives. It's a 640 mile drive and my relationship with both my parents is not amazing so I'd rather stay home, but when I feel like I need to do something I don't want to do it's usually for a good reason. I've decided to do it. The 10 hour drive will commence next Wednesday. Let the mental preparation begin!
Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Wink

..Sarah..take the trip....n enjoy..:day6
Old 05-21-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Old 05-21-2010, 04:14 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

SR is STILL timing out and losing my posts.....what a PIMA! i guess the tech fixes are not working...i was trying to post gratitude this AM to no avail....very annoying. I could take a shower while the next forum tries to appear.

grrrr.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:40 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

i have filled out 4 different adoption applications for different little dogs...
I would suggest adopting an older dog. They are already house trained, or capable of holding it until they can get outside, and aren't as likely as a younger dog to chew things. Not to mention, older dogs don't get adopted as quickly as young pups...

I'm ready to go out of town with my rescue friend today, taking all three dogs with me. We'll have a nice visit.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Just say no to crack.

Sorry, had to.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

I have had a few occasions where the site will just sit there, and it seems like it's been happening more in the last week - so since the last fix or enhancement or whatever it was, I guess. Pretty irksome. When I have my heart set on getting a post out there, sometimes I make sure I have it pasted into a doc on the side in case I get ____ed by the latency. Then other times I am able to let it go and it's easier to deal with it.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:43 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I would suggest adopting an older dog. They are already house trained, or capable of holding it until they can get outside, and aren't as likely as a younger dog to chew things. Not to mention, older dogs don't get adopted as quickly as young pups...

I'm ready to go out of town with my rescue friend today, taking all three dogs with me. We'll have a nice visit.
i have applied for young adult dogs....just for that reason....(between 1-4 years)...i'm now approved by 3 different rescue groups (as you would KNOW, my references and integrity are impeccable)....but my whine is that some of the groups LIE about the age of their dogs....I pushed in my questioning to one Foster who then admitted that the dog was NOT 6 years old, closer to 8.5!!!!

sorry, that is NOT what I am signing up for....older dogs mean age-related extra vet costs...that happened to me with my Akita, 6 years was actually 9 years and in a 100+ lb. dog, that meant I had him for a short time and had to make the final decision after he had ortho issues.

If i am truthful, so should they be.....
Old 05-21-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

no one has time to whine during the day????
Old 05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Please post your complaints and problem in the Technical Issues Forum. That way the techies (who are the ones who fix it) can SEE your problems, rather than have us mods pass it on.

That said, Applegoomp, our techie, already posted that they are working on an upgrade, so probably all that is needed here is patience? I get frustrated too, but that doesn't help anything.

It takes time, it takes work and testing, and they provide this site free of charge to everyone, so, for me, gratitude along with patience is good for me to remember.

This has been a paid political announcement.

Okay, maybe not!!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle
Just say no to crack.
Bam, you're so funny...my cheeks hurt.

SD, I know what you mean about The Visit.

Even tho it seems like a family obligation at the time, when I began losing loved ones, I'm fortunate to have had those moments with them.

Least, you couldn't be more right...I've begun volunteering again at our local humane center. While the animals I cared for previously have been adopted (yay!), there are new ones, older ones, who are an absolute joy - many were surrended due to struggling families having to move or not being able to afford their care anymore. It has nothing to do with the dog.

I see their owners being heart-broken at having to let them go and whose hope and prayer is that a good owner will adopt them and not hold their age against them.

It's the best of both worlds for me since owning a dog is not possible for me today, but I still get to love and care for them this way where they really need it.

No real whines [yet]. That big yellow thing in the sky is out, it's Friday and life is good.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
IO Storm

No whines from me...

It is a beautiful, cloudy 63 degrees here in San Diego this morning...yes!

Happy Victoria Day, my Canadian friends...enjoy! :

Hugs all..
Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
cmc

No whines here, so I'll pass the opportunity to next person.
Don't forget:
Whiners are Winners
Old 05-21-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have decided to get a "new do". Tuesday. Monday is a holiday here and so Tuesday will do, for the do. There is a fancy dancy salon/spa here who seem to do nice do's, good cuts and nice styles.

Queeny will try them out and hope that this time she will actually like the new do.

Weather is absolutely perfect here, so I'm whineless in Canada too.

It works when you whine it, so whine it because you're worth it.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:13 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

HB, if I could move my cheeks like that then mine would hurt, too. Shoot, if I could move my cheeks like that I'd be getting paid for it. It's hypnotic.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

..a little bit too 'cheeky' for me!!!

..n i knew Zip was the culprit...

..i'm somewhat 'behind' with such thingo's......Ossy..
Old 05-21-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Oh! Guess what?

The people I work with think farts are funny! Ha ha! Lucky me!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I been sick.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Unhappy

..get well soon li'll Suki...