Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

HB, this is the best I can do for now:

Old 05-15-2010, 07:20 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, I slept in and finished my whole first coffee just catching up here.

My whine is that King Bubba is encouraging my shopping...he's taking all the fun out of it

Maybe it's because he wants to buy a boat, that I insist he call "The Queeny", and he knows that Happy Wife = Happy Life.

When we bought our condo, it included a boat slip at the condo marina, and KB said not to worry, he'd just get a boat one day and use it.

I'm not telling him that I'd like a boat too.

All this would be wonderful if we were gazzillionnaires, but we're not. Just crazy and doing our part to grease the wheels of the economy.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

good saturday morning....I was awake last night at130-2AM....finally gave up and watched a movie on HBO...(Sex and the City)...went back to bed at 430AM after cleaning the catbox....just woke up and feel over tired, over annoyed, for no reason...perhaps extra coffee will help?

Toronto!!! did you get another friend for Ricky?I was online last night with Petfinder....thinking of Least, sent out feelers for this sweet 5 year old pomerainian mix girl....we shall see....

I've been having trouble with SR not working yesterday too.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:24 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anyone having trouble with SR, please post in the Troubleshooting forum so the techies can see it.

They are doing an upgrade, started the other night, and I don't know if they are done or just part-way through.

But if you post up there, they will be checking for specific problems, so tell them what happens and when, okay?

Carry on
Old 05-15-2010, 07:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

but it's more fun to whine HERE...no one else appreciates me.

I was thinking about "Aunt Dee" last night...many years ago, i had a very dear, best friend....ironically she was killed in an auto accident by a drunk driver at the age of 25 or 26....my daughter was only18 months or 2 years old, she was her Godmother. We also used to babysit her nephew...who referred to her as "Aunt Va-jj" in it's proper form. (her name was Ginnie/Virginia)....so Aunt Dee is fine, he could be called much worse.

I haven't thought of her in quite a while but i still miss her. I am still feeling out of sorts, but i will get over it....
Old 05-15-2010, 08:20 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Still feeling crummy. I'm going back to bed.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Fandy, I haven't gotten a friend for him yet, but I am still working on it.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann
Maybe it's because he wants to buy a boat, that I insist he call "The Queeny", and he knows that Happy Wife = Happy Life.
LMAO...I can vividly picture you at the helm!

I was out picture taking one day and pulled off the road to photograph this. I asked permission - the owner asked me if I wanted to buy it - I told her no thanks, I had already been there....

I'm doing anything/everything to avoid cleaning the windows today. Can someone do a rain dance for me, please???
Old 05-15-2010, 10:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

HB it's so funny that you just said that....I have trouble cleaning windows, etc. since i broke my shoulder a few years ago....I fell in a hole in the parking garage on my way to work...it throbs and i do not have the reach and power to rub hard when cleaning windows/mirrors, etc.

so i bought this Shark steam pocket cleaner with 5-6 different cleaning attachments and a hose, 50 foot cord...got it at BBB with the coupon it came to about $80.00...(which the price of a housekeepr one time that will do windows)...it's been sitting in the foyer all week and today i read the directions and fired that baby up...

OMG!! I AM THRILLED, I DID THE GLASS SHOWER DOORS IN 3 MINS WITH NO EXTRA WIPING AND THE SOAP SCUM CAME RIGHT OFF now i can do all the glass, windows easily without killing myself..i can clean my french doors and i won't be using any chemicals either which tend to make me cough...it also has an atchment to do the blinds and crevices. the only complaint is that it is a little awkward to hold in one hand...but it works well....i can even reach up and do the microwave...it has lots of these microfiber hats that are washable.

this thing is so hot it will take the hair off the cats (or my legs).....it will be great to do the tile too. I have a steamy mop for the floors and it operates on the same principal. i have wide slat blinds throughout the house ane they are difficult to clean, but this thing does the job...no paper towels or icky newspaper are needed.

i highly recommend it....you can see it on amazon too.
Old 05-15-2010, 12:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fandy - this is the place to come when feeling out of sorts. Your fellow whiners will always understand.

HB - thanks for posting the video! That was great. Just one thing, though - I forgot all about the whole urinate/deficate thing. Mama goes in the yard, but babies will be too small. Can those tiny things use a litter box? (I've only had full grown cats, no kittens.)

Ann - The First Mate will need a sea worthy wardrobe. Better start planning.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

How old are they again, Hevyn?

The last cat I had, when he was a kitten, was small enough to stand in the palm of my hand (I have small hands...and this cat grew up to be nearly as big as a bobcat.).

All I did was fill up a litter box and place him in it. He caught on pretty quickly.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

They'll be 3 wks. tomorrow. One orange boy & I think the rest are gray-ish girls with some stripes & other colors mixed in. Hoping to post some pics soon. I was going to get a playpen for them, so I guess I'll put a small box in there & hope for the best. Thanks, Bam
Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

so Aunt Dee is fine, he could be called much worse.

D
Old 05-15-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Cool I've one Lotto!!!

$$$$ 20 million..

..yeah,but eye gotta share with 10 million other 'aussie' winners..

..so we each get $2...

..n the bank will charge me $2.50 to deposit the check....

..gee,i was up all nite thinkin' up that one...o$$y..
Old 05-15-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's a classic, Oz.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Potty Training Kittens

Originally Posted by OZboy View Post
..gee,i was up all nite thinkin' up that one
It was worth the wait, Oz!

Hev, sent you an email about my friend who also had a momma cat and new babies outdoors (she had four dogs who didn't take kindly to cats).

She built a make-shift outdoor shelter out of wood and chicken wire. It was big enough for the kitties to go potty while keeping them safe from predators like hawks and fox. It attached to a zip-up kennel where the kittens could snuggle, sleep, and nurse with momma cat out of the elements, etc.

She said that when the kittens were adopted, they instinctively knew how to use the litter box.

Anyone else have ideas on how to lend momma cat a hand in house-breaking kittens outdoors in safety?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:58 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hey Ann?...........................................(wh at now Oz!!!)

..found ya the purrfect boat for u n tha 'King'..

Old 05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thanks HB - I think we could manage something like that, even with our limited skills.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

AHOY and WOW!

Never saw a pic of King Bubba but that lovely lady looks like you from what I remember of your pic, Ann.

Saturday Night (Whiner) Live:

Menopause Jewelry

My husband, being unhappy with my mood swings,
bought me a mood ring the other day so he would be
able to monitor my moods.

We discovered that when I'm in a good mood, it
turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a
big frickin red mark on his forehead.

Maybe next time he'll buy me a diamond.

Dumb a$$.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 80 (permalink)