Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 23

Old 11-03-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I had a just for today card and 12 & 12 card in my wallet so gave them to the lady...

perhaps thats why you needed to be there Louis. You helped someone today.

I think it is just fine to find comfort talking to your sponsor ...someone whom you trust and have just completed step 5 with. Thank God your sponsor was available to you.

You hang on....this a a big thing for you and imagine how you will feel to have got through it sober. everything is new and a first to us at the start. This is when we use the tools of our program. It gets easier. thanks for letting us know how your doing
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post

Stone I listened to Bob also and I hear great hope in his talk.

he admitted.. he could not give himself to this simple program he says he had to get on the steps and really work them .
he ends with: if you are sick enough of yourself and your desperate enough and you have tried everything to beat this, and your still dying. If you will find a sponsor who is grounded in the BIG BOOK of alcoholics anonymous and you will work that process and give your life to this program and helping Gods kids....I promise you no matter what happens in your life no matter if your rich or poor, single, married whatever that there will come a time and a day when you will look around your neighborhood, in your family, in your job and AA group, and with all your incompleteness and defects of character ...you will not want to be anyone else but you!!! Sounds like my kind of alcoholic...........I hear great hope there

Yes, I have ears, I heard that too! lol What else did you expect him to say?

He was relapsing for 7 years in AA before he "got it"....he makes me look good. Joke!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Louis, I'm sorry that you are feeling antsy and that the meeting was so odd. I don't know whether this is alcoholic behavior, or just me, but I have ALWAYS wanted an out...if I go to a party, I want to drive so I can leave when I want to, not when my ride does...it's like I have to have a back door. I'm nnot sure what it means, but your post resonated with me. And then to go to a non-welcoming meeting. Maybe take a deep breath and regain your footing. Sometimes it helps me to take a step back, and see the light at the end of the tunnel, not the darkness of the tunnel, itself.

Hey Marlee...GREAT GOING. Every day is a victory over this beast, that's for sure!

Hiya to the rest of the gang! I've been up since 4:30 and am headed towards my pillow.....
Old 11-03-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Lis I am winding down too.......just thought a nice quote might be just the thing lol
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hi mum and HOS....

Wheres everyone been today... am i the only one with nothing to do?
How are you?

Than ks for what you both said... i definatel need to take that step back.. out of the dark and look forward
Old 11-03-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey (((louis)))

just wanted to say I know you can do this - and lean on the folks here...it's what the thread's about

D
Old 11-03-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Louis I am here!! how you doing??
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Im off to bed all. Sorry I missed you tonight Bee and I did miss you!!

NIGHT LIS GANG!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Im ok....
Why do family find it so hard to acknowledge when there is evil in their family?
I spoke to my sponsor today and we spoke about this... its like if i start to drink again they dont have to look at the reasons my drinking began...

I love my mum and some of my family but its hard when they live in denial...

I know i should let them live in their own past and i should move on from mine... doing my step 5 helped... i wont say they have solved my issues... but they have freed me from their secret...

Coming here was maybe not the best idea for me just yet... but i am here and i need to get through this... which i will..

I will not let this give me an excuse to drink which is what it wants and i am not feeling self pity... i am feeling anger and loneliness... these are what i need to work on..

Thankyou for listening and sorry for going on... i will cheer up...
Old 11-03-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Night mum... sleep well
Peaceful dreams
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey Louis, please don't ever feel that you need to be a certain way. What you're going through is important.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:49 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Family stuff is hard, Louis. My family are all nuts, I had no chance, lol.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hello peeps, (she says dragging her but around) I'm soooo tired.

Marlee congrat's on your 21 days, that's really great, and its not a small amt, it is HUGE!!!!! Well done honey.

Louis, you are staying sober so YOU can have a better live, its all for you honey and you are doing good. That was really nice of you to give that newcomer your cards, they probably meant the world to her right now, good for you.

If you are that uncomfortable Louis, then just say you don't want to go to your aunt & uncles home. You can say No even though it might be hard. I hope you have some private place you can go to pray Louis, just sit in silence and pray for some peace in your life right now. I KNOW YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS and you wait and see how great you will feel. Louis, sometimes family doesn't understand sobriety, they want everyone to be as sick as they are, that way they don't have to face themselves and their nutty lives.

I'm still without a coffee maker, went directly to vote after work and now I'm just too tired to go back out.

Sorry I missed you Nel, and Yes I did miss you today.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by louis View Post
Im ok....
Coming here was maybe not the best idea for me just yet... but i am here and i need to get through this... which i will..

I will not let this give me an excuse to drink which is what it wants and i am not feeling self pity... i am feeling anger and loneliness... these are what i need to work on..

Thankyou for listening and sorry for going on... i will cheer up...
louis... dont ever feel you are 'going on' you need to talk to us now to get you through this, and you will get through, just remember it is only the one drink you dont need to pick up!

marlee congrats !! no achievement is a small achivement

stone i want to look into that website, a lot of the members are talking about it around here.. i have no sound on my computer though (software problem, itunes keeps doing something to my audio configuration any ideas how to stop it!)

Liz do you have an ipod?
i have also got some cd's from our aa library.. and have put them onto my ipod for easy listening

ro, how are things with your sister?

bee have you got your coffee machine yet? good thing about us over here is that we have some good instant brands... much easier !

bye all of to do some work
Old 11-03-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

sorry for going on... i will cheer up...
Louis, this is why we are all here for each other, not just for the good times (((big swoochie hug)))

I can't spell tonight,
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

hi HOS are you off catching up on posts
Old 11-03-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

oops hi bee.. i guess you are one of the hidden?
how does that work anyway?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My hand is raised up on that one Kate.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Hey Kate thanks for asking about my sister she's coming home next week - she's unhappy and desperate for home. Poor girl.

If you wish to go invisible, go to 'user CP' then edit options then check off the box marked invisible (if you can see it ha ha).