Notices

Living In Sobriety Part 23

Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Have a great day, I'm off to get a cup of coffee before work. Then right to meeting after work, my committment leading BB meeting. Grateful for committments and meetings.

Bye
Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

blessed day LIS
Old 11-04-2009, 04:55 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
Good morning Stone I hope you are feeling good today. I enjoyed the Bob talk also. that site is a very useful one.....especially when ironing lol. enjoy your walk.

Couldn't walk much the spray was soaking me. Thanks, I am feeling pretty good today.

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
I'm glad you are getting to another meeting tonight Stone. That's nice you are close to the beach, I'm 1 hour away. I love the calmness and peace that I get from the beach.

Yea, the beach sorts my head out.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

I MUCKED UP MY SOBRIETY DATE: I HAVE HAD IT IN MY HEAD ALL THIS TIME IT WAS AUGUST 12TH, WHEN IN FACT IT IS AUGUST 26TH
i came across a note i had written myself after my first meeting.... it was dated the 26th
dont sweat the small stuff Kate keep going to those meetings but get involved too! You seem to be doing great. Oh and I also married an alcoholic.......he was seemed to be THE ONE!! lol. like attracts like I guess. I was the fixer for a long time though before I crossed the line they talk about. Then one day he got recovery and my drinking took off big time. what a nice surprise for his recovery...
Old 11-04-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Family can be hard. I haven't had to deal with any issues YET.

morning Nan......as Bee said we will be here lol. You may be one of the lucky ones who have a family that are pretty much together.

In dysfuntional families... We change and they dont...sometimes thats difficult because we see a lot of crazy stuff we missed before. But if you accept you cannot change anyone else but you and stay focused on yourself all will be as it should.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Couldn't walk much the spray was soaking me
i like when the sea is wild like that. that was possibly me splashing you from the other side. lol

later everyone xx
Old 11-04-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone - I'm drawing a blank and have nothing profound to share.

Perhaps later that will change.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
i like when the sea is wild like that. that was possibly me splashing you from the other side. lol

later everyone xx

Me too, but there was only a narrow space to walk on and it was too close to the waves. I found a dry place and just watched for a while.

Splashing from the other side, how surreal!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Hi Profound Ro!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Morning!

Thank you for sharing Nel and you, too, Bee. I, too, come from a dysfunctional family. For a long while, I blamed my alcoholism on my genes. I think that I have finally realized that where it came from and why are irrelevant...what does matter is how I deal with it. To own it as mine, I guess. My family does offer me examples of various stages and forms of alcoholism: never recovered, never acknowledged, recovered, but dry. But you are right, we cannot control others' lives...why is that so hard to accept? Those 2 words that you used, Nell, popped out of your post for me: lack of control and acceptance. These two concepts continue to come up for me and my HP is using a cosmic highlighter to point them out again and again.

Bro...I'm glad that you are posting and trying to understand the crack that undermined you. I am convinced that sobriety is a process. In my meetings, many have said...it took every drink I had to get here. I think that there is value in trying to figure out our weak spots, but equal value in jumping over the whys and just accepting the fact that we can't drink. But honestly, that final, unequivocal acceptance is a mystery and, I think, very individual. Yet it is the one necessary piece of the jigsaw, IMHO.

The beach and ocean...ahhhhhhhh, yes....well I think it reminds us of how insignificant we are. All of it's moods are so profound and it just stretches on and on..

Obviously, Ro...I got mine and your profundity dosage this a.m.....
Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Indeed you did, Lis.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

:ghug2, Ro......
Old 11-04-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Lis, you have been very deep lately in your posts. Doing a lot of soul searching which is a good thing.

I look at the ocean, and if ever I had any questions of a HP, there are none, both the beauty and the danger of the ocean, the vastness, those amazing waves, how it can go from calm to completely stormy in a matter of minutes, just totally amazes me. It is so beautiful but so deadly in the same minute. For me, being on a beach brings the silence I so search for sometimes, its there, right there.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
let it grow!

going over to the aunt's soon - emptying out a big empty moldy trunk full of mismatched ice skates.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Morning peeps!

Funny you're talking about family. The meeting last night was Step 12 and spreading the message, and I kept thinking about my dad. Maybe in more time my dad will feel more comfortable in being honest with me because he can trust me. Even when my dad was sober, he always feels like the outcast of the family, the one with the drinking problem, and uses that to be secretive.

Anyway, I will be picking up a 30 day chip next week. Can I ask for one at 28 days?
Old 11-04-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Why would you want to pick up a 30 day chip at 28 days, stay where your feet are Scoob, today is 28 days not 30. For me, I don't believe in accepting a coin/chip before the exact date, I'd rather pick it up later than earlier.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Lis, you have been very deep lately in your posts. Doing a lot of soul searching which is a good thing.

I look at the ocean, and if ever I had any questions of a HP, there are none, both the beauty and the danger of the ocean, the vastness, those amazing waves, how it can go from calm to completely stormy in a matter of minutes, just totally amazes me. It is so beautiful but so deadly in the same minute. For me, being on a beach brings the silence I so search for sometimes, its there, right there.
You, too, my sweet sister....

Marlee...I'm sure Bee and Nel will have an answer for that...I was thinking the same thing, though...Does 28 days, 30 or 31 count as amonth...or do you go by date? Welcome to Anal Alcoholics Anonymous!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

My buddy Orland asked me last night if I had a month yet, I said next week was 4 weeks and he mentioned getting a chip. I don't know. I guess the answer is no then? I will wait until Friday if I make that meeting. Was just askin.

Last edited by scoob; 11-04-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

BTW, in rereading my post, I want to clarify something...I was referring to ME being "anal"...not AA....I'm the sort to worry over this kind of thing....
Old 11-04-2009, 09:07 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

No worries.

Bee, that was basically my question also, would/should I ask for it on Tuesday or wait? I didn't know if I misunderstood him or not.

I'm not trying to step ahead on anything, i'm too ignorant of the process for that.