Notices

August Sobriety Group Pt 5

Old 11-09-2009, 03:07 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

I have 16 days sober. I don't have a telephone, which is also why I don't have a sponsor--you asked that earlier. Sorry. I have a lady who was willing, but I'd have to have a phone and call her in the daytime.

I have a headache. I think I figured out part of it, a big part of the roommate showdown is going down tonight... after business hours.

My roommate just told me in a singsong voice that we're going to be cleaning... what??? When she asked me when we could meet, I was thinking meeting not cleaning fun times...

I can't go to school. I'm shaking I'm so angry.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

She can still sponsor you without a phone..talk to her, let her help you TB...

16 days still isn't long enough to know what sober living is like. At this length of time,
all we can say is that the alcohol isn't in our bodies...for me, it was still in my head,
in my thoughts like a back up plan should I decide.

Your roomate is testing you beyond compare TB..and she is soooo not worth your anger.

Write down all of your anger toward her...make a list...punch a pillow, (kick boxing is good for anger too)...get it out of your system.

You can do this TB..I just know there are good things to come in your life...just give it some time. What is 16 days compared to the number of days you drank? For me, 16 days was nothing compared to my years of drinking.

And...I must admit, the first year I was sober, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes it just plain sucked...but, it does, and can get better.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

She's the one that said she'd sponsor me when I got a telephone. At another meeting, they told me I can have a sponsor without one, but they don't have any women who can sponsor people.

I know my roommates aren't worth it, but how can I ignore them? I try my best.

There's no anger left in me.

I'm going one more time to housing and see if I can talk to somebody. Maybe going in there three times in a row will count for something. Then I'm going to my teacher and ask her if I can take the test on Thursday. I've never been blue two days in a row before, but it can't stretch that long... can it?

It sucks that when I try to reach out I keep getting shot down... that's why I'm usually reluctant. It hurts this way. It hurts about as bad as I can take it right now.

TB
Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I am so sorry you are experiencing the hurt that you are.

I know this may sound like fluff...but, try not to view it that way. Like what you told Brent that there was a reason he didn't get to see that counselor today and it will all work out the way it was meant to be.

If you truly are suffering from depression, and the doctor suggests medication, it might not hurt to take it. I finally broke down and allowed myself to take what the doctor
had suggested. It works if I don't drink. Its not an over the top type of medication, but, does help with the blues, and the worrying.

I like your proactive thinking about contacting housing and your teacher.

There isn't anyone in any of those meetings that can be a sponsor to you...even temporarily?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you're on the right path TB - you're sober, you're committed and you're demanding things that are your right, not a privilege.

Be a damned nuisance - make them (all of them) hide under their desks every time they see you walking in...

(((TB)))

D
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hi all

Brent I am so happy to read your posts, I had a big smile on my face! And your positive approach to the whole thing is awesome! I believe ur HP was working for u wen ur counsellor went home, he may have led u the wrong way. I'm really looking forward to Reading your next post!

Sorry ur not feeling to good tb, I'm so proud of how well ur doing.

Well done saph, zebra, bf, and everyone else.

I loved all the thanks at the end of the posts please pretend mine are there too, I'm on my phone and hate typing on it, it's enough to drive me to drink LOL

My 12yr old is in hospital with suspected appendicitis, it's been long night /day!
I am catching up on posts though!

Take care all stay strong!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  
Meow

anono - hope your daughter is ok!

TB - hugs coming your way. I don't think it's unusual for you to feel blue with all of the stress in your life. I wish I had something more to offer to you than hugs.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Anono...prayers and positive thoughts for your daughters healing.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Well, I guess I was being depressed and I shouldn't make any decisions based on that. Back to acting, till I fall apart again. I can only hold up for so long.

Just got out of a meeting that went wild. It was supposed to be a house meeting, that's how she sold me... she told the others I had volunteered to clean. So now I look like a liar 'cause they all believe her for some reason.

Worse, the RA took their side almost immediately. Kept talking to me, threatening me the whole meeting. I can tell this will go well.

So, I'll probably end up homeless anyways...

I guess I gotta talk to the housing guy tomorrow. Again.

This is so far out of control it's not even funny. Oh, and the kicker--Evil Roommate is playing the poor-me in the living room... And thriving off the sympathy. I'm hearing all sorts of fun things about myself.

Well, I'm highly tempted to go to the store, but I can see that won't be a good idea. Now I need to do damage control... Don't know how I'll sleep though.

And this afternoon, I tried to get help, and ended up losing my supporters for grad school. They say I'm not grad school material if I'm falling apart. So now I really done did it... The diploma will be truly useless... just a twisted reminder of these four years. A merit badge, like a prison tattoo.

Take care y'all. Sorry to always bother.
TB
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try not to worry so much about stuff that hasn't happened yet, TB.

It may not seem like it now but it's pretty unlikely the housing guy is gonna leave you hanging....

and grad schools? Even if your worst fears come to pass - there's a lot of them too.

D
Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Hi all I can't wait to hear how brents meeting went, hoping it has gone well.

Anew I too ended up taking medication for depression , it did help, before taking them I new what I needed to do and the medication seemed to give me the strength to do it

Tb keep going think of us all cheering for u when u are facing these challenges

We are still in hospital, prob another day or 2 ( or 3!)

Thinking of u all
Old 11-10-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Kate)))

D
Old 11-10-2009, 07:09 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Kate....how is your daughter doing?

Where is Brent...I just knew he would be on first thing and let us know how everything went....
Old 11-10-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!! I don't have much time before I have to go meet with a client, but I will log on soon and fill everyone in. I didn't have time to log on last night or early this morning because I have been talking to people in my real life about everything. But let's just say I just had the most liberating, happy, exciting, hopeful evening of my life last night!!!!!!

Like I said, I will write in detail in a couple hours, but it was amazing!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Brent--Hurray! Told ya so!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

:ghug3

Brent....I was so hoping that would be your experience!!!Hurray!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Wow, Brent, that is wonderful. I am so happy for you.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  

OK everyone. I could make this a VERY long post, but I will keep it as short as possible without leaving too much out. The guy that took me came to my house. He came in, met my wife and daughter and dog! haha. He told my wife I made a great decision, and he would take care of me. We went to his house so I could meet his wife. Then we met up with another couple guys. One from Arizona who has been a great friend of his and he has 10 years sober. And the other guys is from a town about 90 miles away with 15 years sober. The guy that took me has 30 years sober. We went to one of the guys sisters house and just hung out for about an hour. They both met me, gave me a high five and said "always awesome to meet another drunk!" They don't hide who they are or the addiction they have. They laugh, joke, and even talk about their old drinking days and laugh about them! I just couldn't believe it! I thought it was like the plague, and you just pretend you didnt have a problem. They are the complete opposite of that.

After that, and many words of wisdom from them both, it was time to go to supper. We had a nice dinner (of coarse my money was no good there.) We even sat in the bar part of the restaurant!!! It was amazing to me to sit there and drink soda!!!! We talked more, and they all gave me their number and said to call any time, night or day. They said if I ever feel like drinking, to call them. If they can't talk me out of it, I can go ahead and have a drink! I found this amazing as well. I can't begin to tell you how much wisdom they shared with me. So just 4 alkies riding around in a car.

After dinner it was time for the meeting. We were the first ones there. There was a total of about 15 people there. I knew a couple of them from business encounters in town. They came in, said welcome to me and chit chatted and gave me their numbers! I can't believe how much love was in that room for me! I received my 24 hour chip, and a copy of the Big Book. I asked who I pay, and I was again told it "has been taken care of" and the guy who took me to the meeting had written a personal note on the inside to me.

After the meeting it was time for the "post meeting" at a local diner. Most of the group goes there afterward for milkshakes. So I didn't get home until a little after 10. It was so great to see all of these people laughing, having fun, and hanging out with a common goal in mind!

So as you can imagine I received soooo much wisdom from spending 5 hours with 3 guys with a total of 55 years sobriety between them. The guy who took me called me right away this morning and as soon as I answered he said "it is a great day to be sober isn't it?" What a way to start the day!!!! Oh, and I was also invited to not really a meeting today, but a bunch of AA guys get together for lunch every Tuesday and asked me to come. Obviously I am going!

So that is where I am at right now. I have a long ways to go, but I feel a MILLION times better than I did 2 days ago. God works in amazing ways. I do have my alcohol assessment today, and we will see what happens with that. I will keep you posted. They guys also said I should go deer hunting. They said God is always with me, and they are all just a phone call away for support while I am gone.

AHHHHHHHH! Hugs to you all! I wouldn't be where I am right now without all of you! I just can't believe the love that has been given to me, all of this from a dieing Man that wants to save me before he is gone for good!
Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

What a great story, I have goose bumps. You have been given a real chance here BD.........I am soooooooo happy for you. Your life is going to change my friend. You sound so good.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Can you see this huge grin on my face right now???????

What you experienced is what I have experienced. It is like finally, I am getting it,
with people who get me.

AA was exactly what I needed in my life at this time., and it sounds like it is what you needed also...

I am proud of you Brent...it takes courage to ask face to face, for help.