Notices

Class of December-Part 4

Old 08-18-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Warren~ I'm with Lisa and Charles on this one. If whomever it is doesn't like to hear good things about our lives, too bad. I have a lot more good in my life now, even when I'm feeling down I see that, so why not share it? If we only shared our pain this place would be mighty depressing! I missed the whole bottle thing as well, didn't even give that avatar a second thought. But like Lisa, my triggers aren't many anymore.

I enjoy hearing all the good that is happening to everyone, it makes me smile even when I'm down to see that my classmates are thriving. I think joy and pain are very closely related, a lot of times you don't have one without the other, but we should rejoice in every emotion, because we are FEELING not NUMBING!
Old 08-18-2009, 07:00 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
mergirl

To our lurker: 2 of our classmates guessed who sent the nasty pms on the first guess. Do you get the significants? “When looking for faults use a mirror, not a telescope”.

as a side note, why the heck isn't my forum spell checking me
Old 08-18-2009, 09:33 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

If any member receives a PM which they believe does not meet SR guidelines, they can take it up with the person that sent it - although satisfaction is not guaranteed.

They can also discuss it with a moderator, via PM, or use the little red triangle to report it.

Or they can ignore it. Use the ignore function if your manual ignorer is broken.

Dealing with Troublesome Users

Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, type their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

What if I see something offensive?

You will find 'Report' links in many places throughout the board. These links allow you to alert the board staff to anything which you find to be offensive, objectionable or illegal.
I think any of the above are the best options.
Posting about it on the board is not best use of the facilities IMO.

Lets remember what we're here for guys.

D
Old 08-19-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
mergirl

only the second time you know of ! Hi Dee=) I'll behave now, carry on.

So if I haven't updated you on the crush, it was a bust. I really think I want to meet someone "in recovery", or who at least gets the idea of spiritual growth and such. I got totally over the crush as he was talking about all of his regrets in life, and how he wonders constant how his life may have been different "if". The housing situation is all over the place. Currently I am at one of my best buds house. His room mate is paid up til Sept, but left to go to rehab and then a half way house. I can't afford what he was paying, but if no one answers the craigs list add, I maybe can stay and throw him what cash I can=)
Old 08-19-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
mergirl

And now we change the subject in respect for Dee and all those other hard working admins, lets talk about me!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thankful I had my coffee in hand while reading today's posts! lol Kidding, Kidding
Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have removed several posts which are regarding other members.

Please, please read what Dee's post says and put someone on Ignore or PM that member, rather than posting about it on the board.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:45 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I've never seen All About Eve....don't kill me...I've never seen Casablanca and I OWN it! lol

Feeling weird and antsy. Hubby left at 5am to go out of town today, so it's just me and the little ones until Monday morning. Still feeling like I need to figure out what I want to do with my life now by next week, no pressure right? lol I just need a break, too much stress lately!

How are you all doing?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I know we all love Dogs so I thought I'd share this I stumbled on =) Enjoy~

Great Responsibility

A PET’S TEN COMMANDMENTS. ………
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8.. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10.. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bear to watch. Don’t make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.
Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God’s critters.

~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!
Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
mergirl

I find that when I stop trying to figure out my life and plan, it just happens. Heres a codie reading for you=)

Some people believe that each of our days were planned, Divinely Ordered, before we were born. God knew, they say, and planned exactly what was to transpire.

Others suggest we chose, we participated in planning our life - the events, the people, the circumstances that were to take place, in order to work through our issues and learn the lessons we needed to master.

Whatever our philosophy, our interpretation can be similar: Our past is neither an accident nor a mistake. We have been where we needed to be, with the necessary people. We can embrace our history, with its pain, its imperfections, and its mistakes, even its tragedies. It is uniquely ours; it was intended just for us.

Today, we are right where we need to be. Our present circumstances are exactly as they need to be - for now.

Today, I will let go of my guilt and fear about my past and present circumstances. I will trust that where I have been and where I am now are right for me.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
mergirl

warren, get a keyboard with headphones. at least its something=)
Old 08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
mergirl

You make me smile =)
Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
mergirl

Get back on the horse. You aren't an ass yet, but if you become a big ole lush you might be.

Miss you guys. Jess, when does the baby come? Are you all settled in to the house yet?

Sus, I wish I could give you a dose of the peace I found. It had something to do with accepting what was, being grateful for what I did have, and believing I deserved the best. I am transformed up here, and the magic just keeps coming. I know you will find it too

Charles, remember us on you travels and post lots of pics! If I had the time and inclination to day dream, you would be an inspiration for some things I have yet to do=)

As it is, I am busy! I work hard, and play hard after. I see the addiction maddness around me, and it trips me out, as do the people living buried under regrets, ridiculous standards, unneeded, self-made stressers and the like.

I'm off to nap, then take my god-doggies to the beach, then a sunset hike, then fresh caught fish tacos!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Warren, that sucks. I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I can't. You didn't let anyone down here, besides yourself. Maybe you haven't let yourself down either, I'm not honestly sure. Hope you figure out what path you'd like to take from here.

Lisa, he's due on Dec 9th! Can you believe we 've lived in the house now for a month! Crazy how my life has changed. It's just fabulous. New baby, now new house.. we MIGHT have come up with a way to get rid of our old house and quit paying over 4K a month extra in mortgages. My relationship w/ hubby is better than it's ever been, and most importantly my relationship with myself is better than I thought it could be. I am peaceful, content, and excited about life. I'm so happy to read about all your new stuff in life too!! Can't beat doggies and beaches We planned a trip to San Fran for late September just a 3 day getaway but I'm so excited!!

Charles, what new adventures do you have planned?

I'm not around much anymore, and I don't want to apologize for it because I feel good about it. Some of you have ways to keep in touch (Lisa, that video didn't work by the way, it kept getting stuck on the first frame!) with me outside of 'here'. I promise to check in tho
Old 08-25-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not surprised either Warren - you were circling that airport for a while....

I'm glad nothing bad happened and I hope it cleared your mind a little and helped you determine what it is you want

Oh and my advice is - don't leave the class We all need mates.

D
Old 08-25-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Administrator

good - downfalls suck

D
Old 08-25-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Warren~ I love you, you know that? Forget about that drink and move forward. But like Lisa said, if you become an ass we are going to have a problem, you understand me? I HATE to say it but I'm not entirely surprised either. But really, why did you pick it up? What were you thinking at that moment that you put the glass to your lips? What did you learn and how will you deal next time? I'm always here for you!

Lisa~ You make me smile each and every time you post. I appreciate you more than you know! Love you tons and I'm so very happy for how well you are doing. The happiness has just begun Darling~

Jess~ I don't think I can express how happy I am for you! So many wonderful things happening in your life, you deserve it =) The next few months will fly by and your little one will be here before you know it! So exciting

I used to feel bad if I didn't check in, but I realize that I don't have to be here EVERY day to show support. I do care about all of you and enjoy reading about your lives. Right now I feel like I'm at a turning point. My Son started Junior High and my Daughter Kindergarten today. I've felt overwhelmed waiting for this day and now that's it's come and go, guess what? I was totally fine and so were they! lol

They both had a great day, left and came home smiling. I spent the day with Hubby and sat in amazement at the silence! lol This is my time to take care of myself while they are in school, learning and growing. My fear isn't them growing up, it's me not knowing myself and having to *really* examine that. Time to look fear in the eye and deal with it =) I have so much in me that I feel wants to come out and I can no longer let my fears get in my own way.

Last edited by Mariposa18; 08-25-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
mergirl

Sus!! Thats freaking great news! Honey, you are 20 years ahead of me. I didn't know that I didn't know me until I packed the last kid off to "college". By the time I got a handle on the desperation, depression and confusion, and even knew there was "another side" to emerge on, my marriage was a pile of dust.

No regrets though. I have lived and continue living this la vida loca to the best of my ability, and I love that we are making this fabulous journey of self discovery together!

Warren~I think there are still lots more answer for you out there to find, keep looking. but I recognize I'm one of the unlucky ones who will have to be vigilant and on guard always.

that, for instance, may be true, or it may be something your drunken shoulder devil fabricated to keep his foot in the door. Allen Carr's "The Little Book of Quitting" is for smokers, but it has some really useful tidbits in it. I dont have it here so i have to paraphrase, but in it he says something about changing your mindset. Don;t be "jealous" that other people can moderate and you can, be happy you are free from addiction and celebrate.

I really hope you investigate some self help books, because as fabulous as you are, we all could use new perspective now and then.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
mergirl

Originally Posted by Classical View Post
I have changed my mind about one thing though. Pure unconditional love encourages and motivates me to stay the course and tough love hurts me and makes me feel like running.

Have a good day, everyone.

Warren

Haha, thats funny because I've always known that about you!!

I love you. I hate being scolded too! And I don't have a damn thing to scold you over, I just love you!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

ITA with Lisa, Warren. I knew from the get-go love was the way to go with you! lol And that makes three of us who don't like being scolded!

Tomorrow my Hubby goes out of town. He hasn't even left yet and I already miss him. AND tomorrow is also my Daughter's birthday! She'll be 5, my Big Girl =) I'll be making her a cake, decorating the house up for her and some of the Family will come over and have dinner/birthday cake. I don't know when I'll be back on, I'll be super busy with the Kids on my own! I'll check in when I can =)

Talk to you guys then! XOXO~