Notices

Class of December-Part 4

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Had yesterday off (a furlough day), and got our furniture, washer/dryer etc.. all delivered.

Here's a few before/after pics of the furniture.. sorry if they come out huge:

Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Old 07-09-2009, 07:05 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That's also in the master bdrm.

Now we just have to get the mattresses over, and the dogs (ugh that's the part that freaks me out, this neighborhood is very fancy shmancy and very intolerant of dogs barking.. which mine dont more than normal dogs, but still..they're not very cool around there!). I am exhausted. We will probably move the mattresses over so we can finally "move", tonight at like 9pm. Wont have internet til Saturday. There are no DSL lines in the neighboorhood left, they are all being used and people can go on a year or 2 waiting list (wtf?), so we're getting cable. It's a mess!

Warren you'll have to give me some decorating ideas for the kitchen.. I have the other rooms pretty figured out, but the kitchen is bare still:

Ok, off to work, I hope everyone is great! talk to you soon

xox
Old 07-09-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
mergirl

Ooo, fancy shmancy indeed! Just remember, now your dogs are just as upper class as the rest of those silly folk, go buy them rhinestone collars and let the neighbors worry about their own stuff!!
Old 07-11-2009, 05:07 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Jess - I love the tall ceilings and the open feel of the kitchen.

You guys I am off to Belize this morning. I'll have pics to show you soon. I won't be in country much ... this is a dive boat trip where I get there and stay on a boat the whole time.

All is well here. I want you to know that I am proud of you all that have made it this long. I think we have a pretty high success ratio.

I still have a long way to go before I feel totally at ease socially, but I think my continued therapy is helping. We have certainly knocked down some walls I wanted down. But there is still so much to go.

Charles
Old 07-14-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
mergirl

Things are a mess here. The ex and I are back to living in the same house but not speaking. This weekend he decided to drink and smoke, and I think he was at the 6 month mark. My finances are not pretty. My job is less than great right now, and prospects of a promotion are far away. My daughter is being 21, which I find hard to live with. My thoughts are all over the place, and going 100 miles an hour.

I am pretty grateful to have new tools to deal with all of this, and to know that in life's ups and downs, this is a down. The up will come.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Lisa~ I'm sorry to hear that Sweetie. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk privately, okay?

I know I haven't been around much since I returned from my trip. I've actually been feeling a little depressed since I got back and I'm trying to work through it. Not having much luck though =( No thoughts of drinking, just feeling blue.

Hope everyone is doing well, lots of love to you all~ Will try and come by again soon.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks Suz, you feel free to pm or email me as well <3
Old 07-16-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lisa, sorry you're so down.. are you feeling any better?

Warren, I read your post 'out there'.. and I don't feel so bad for calling you out in my post to you a few posts back here. I worry about you and your sobriety, a lot. I hope you get the help you need.

Hi and Bye again Suz I hope you feel better soon too..

Charles, any more fantastic trips planned? Aren't you coming out here soon?

AFM, got all moved in to the house, went better than expected actually. Baby and belly are growing, I get a lot of kicks and jabs already. Must be a boy :P We'll find out next Friday.

Hope everyone feels better soon!
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
mergirl

boys are so fun! girls are way more fun to shop for and dress up=)

I am. . .ok, except when I think about the (ex). I am narrowing down a weird codie pattern this time though. I'm off to the gym, I will probably put my theory "out there" later for distillation/refinement purposes=)
Old 07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Classmates =) I really need to take some time to tell you guys about my trip and catch up on how *all* of you are doing...I'm such a slacker!

BTW, Jess I love the house pics!!!! And Warren you stay strong my Friend. Lisa send me some of that Gym energy my way! Haven't worked out in months =( Charles I hope you are having a fantastic time on your trip. Dori and Phal hope all is well!!!!!!

Thinking of all of you and miss you lots~ XOXO
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I'm sitting here in the Radisson lobby in Belize. The trip was awesome. I have a bunch of pictures to share, but I will pick out my top 5 favs and share those.

The trip was an excellent experience overall. Alcohol or temptations of it were a NON-issue. But I did have one moment where where every night when dinner was served, they offer you wine with your dinner. I had to finally say, no thank you - I don't drink.

The people I was sharing a table with asked, "Never?"

I told them I used to drink but just decided at my mid-life crisis era that it was a good time to remove it from my life. I said it all with my sense of humor and a smirk so the people at the table dropped it and it was never discussed again.

I'm still awkward socially where there are large groups, but do very well when I am sitting one-on-one. I am not a "mingler", except to use it to escape any direct contact.

Other odd behaviors I noticed, was that there was an extremely attractive Bulgarian girl on board (living in Belgium) and she was traveling alone as well. She hinted at using SCUBA as a form of medicine like I do. I made of point of not trying to catch her alone. I didn't want her to think I was coming on to her. I just wanted to have passing moments where she was left with a positive impression of me and that is it.

In therapy I started out wanting to fix these quirks about myself that bug me, but now I am more inclined to say that I use therapy to not change my behaviors, but more to accept them as they are and be more comfortable with how I ended up as a person.

Here is a teaser picture:

Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Heathen

In therapy I started out wanting to fix these quirks about myself that bug me, but now I am more inclined to say that I use therapy to not change my behaviors, but more to accept them as they are and be more comfortable with how I ended up as a person.
I love that!!
Old 07-19-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
mergirl

Omg what a beautiful shot that is!! Put some on the photo thread for pete's sake!!

Things are pretty tense and sucky here, but this too shall pass. I had a funny thought I wanted to share with you Charles. I was reading someones post on how they had a new boyfriend, and I was thinking how scary that was as both parties were in the very early stages of recovery. I was thinking how happy I was that I had put romance on the back burner for a year, just doing that lifted the concerns/stresses/what ever from my life. I have been actively embracing being single (as much as I can be living with my ex anyway) for months now. Yesterday it dawned on me how appalled I was when you announced your celibacy HAHAHAH. So I guess that's my way of saying, you were right, I was wrong=)
Don't get too used to it
Old 07-19-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I guess that's my way of saying, you were right, I was wrong=)
I won't accept that - haha!

I can't take full credit for my genius, because much of it originates from fear. I am celibate, and not seeking relationships or even dating right now because I just don't want to bring someone into my life that I have to care about.

I don't want a pet either. They both would require my time.

I want to be good at being a boyfriend and right now I think I would find it too easy to just cast someone aside if I was annoyed.

And I have learned very clear lessons in life that no one truly has casual sex. People make up terms like friends with benefits and stuff like that to justify some carnal need, but in the end all of those situations tend to turn into some form of a mess with hurt feelings and disappointments, etc.

The moment two people see each other's genitals everything changes, at least for me it does.

Hence, my saying I use, "When I am given free access to vagina my life becomes unmanageable."

So, I will continue to live in a celibate bubble and let life take its course, if some amazing "life match" should come along I can only hope I am smart enough to recognize her and then act upon my discovery.

Note: I understand we never know awaits us every day, so tomorrow all of this could be outdated propaganda.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Warren ... I'm curious what your doctor says. I did blood work just before I stopped drinking, and then coincidence would have me back at the VA at the 5 month mark.

Two things stood out - my Blood Pressure was perfect, and my Cholesterol was way down.

But my Blood Sugar number were way high. I scanned everything in and if I can find it I will post the numbers up here. Most of it I can't ready some of the more common abbreviations you will be able to tell.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Warren

BTW, I also had some bloodwork done in May. Cholesterol, Sugar, everything was perfect. As was my blood pressure =) Our bodies seem to be thanking us! lol
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Kick these numbers around -- most of them I have no clue what that are about. But if anyone here has a health care background tell me what you think.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
mergirl

Happy Birthday tomorrow dear!!!!!!!!!!!!

My situation just keeps getting worse, but I am weathering it. I am pretty sure the horror of today is just pushing me to a better place. Actually, I can't even think to type today, so I'll stop

<3 you all
Old 07-23-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Lisa ... keep the great attitude even in the face of all you are going through. There is a reason for all of this, and keep believing it is all taking you to a better place.