Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 5

Old 06-18-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

((Lisa)) - have a great time!!

((Live)) - you crack me up

As far as being vulnerable, I think I'm TOO open with people most of the time. Rather than thinking about my answer, if someone asks me a question, I just answer it..even if it's regarding personal stuff. Consequently, everyone at work knows pretty much everything about my addiction history. Even some of my customers know about it (though not everything). Overall, though, it hasn't caused me any problems, so I don't regret it...yet. I am trying to THINK before I open my big mouth, though.

It's supposed to be over 100 degrees tomorrow..I think I'm going to melt

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-18-2009, 08:11 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I too am a open book... But I have been hurt from information I have shared. My SABF really made me feel a lot of shame over my past...
I confronted him about being in active SA and thought that we needed to detox from the situation and take a good look at the relationship.
I'm in some real pain but I'm praying that I can keep the strength to do what I know in my heart is the healthiest thing for me.... I'm at my friend's home now and I think being here for a few weeks will be helpful...
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

(((Kendra)))
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

(((Kendra))) Please take care of yourself!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie copyright 1990 - The Hazelden Foundation

June 19

Making Life Easier

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and reply on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.

Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.

If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((((Kendra))))...I am so glad to hear that you have chosen to take yourself out of the situation, what a brave and loving thing you are doing for you...I am sorry you are in pain....you are in my thoughts, and in my prayers, mega hugs, Grateful
Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Wow, you mean I don't have to struggle with everything? Hmmmmm....good thing you posted this

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Wow, you mean I don't have to struggle with everything? Hmmmmm....good thing you posted this

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie copyright 1990 - The Hazelden Foundation

June 19

Making Life Easier

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and reply on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.

Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.

If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.
okay, this passage...0h boy!
It took me a really long time to shed my perception of my life..I think when your young life is so full of suffering, it takes a long time, once you realize it, to see life in another way. I always made life harder than it needed to be because that was my only view. It was only once I began my healing process, that I was able to begin to have a lighter, happier view of the world, and myself, and now I am so far from where I was that it seems like a dream..a bad dream...
Old 06-19-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Good thing you posted this today My stepsister just called, asking me questions about Brit...has she talked to B (stepsister's son); has she spent all the money stepsister gave her the other day?

I told her I didn't know on both accounts, and I don't. If Brit isn't answering her phone calls, then I don't know what to tell her. I'm not information helpline and it's none of my business. She also told me Brit's dad made national news for being one of the "dumbest criminals"...great, although it doesn't surprise me.

Anyway, I'm getting ready to go to work. I'm staying in MY hula hoop and everyone else in my family is free to do as they wish. I'm going to try to have an easy day

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Lisa))) Absolutely love your new name! Love it. It seems to suit you well..already

going on a trip..just for you. That's the spirit! Names can say a lot, and mean a lot.

Kendra)))

Adjusting to a new med can be a little tough..side effects in the beginning aren't

fun but hopefully yours will be minimal and the benefits will be very helpful to you.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes...

My sister took our my mother and me to her beautiful home to spend the night on

Wednesday and she gave my mom a perm yesterday. I slept in..and took a long

nap! It was just what I needed..and they visited too...good for everyone all around.

I am so glad my HP takes care of things even when I mess stuff up.. yes.

And..gives me breaks when I need them.

Perfect reading for me today..

"Life doesn't have to be hard."

"We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun."

Tomorrow I will go with AA girlfriends to a day conference in another city.

Another getaway...and I know it will "actually be fun."

Thanks again Grateful, for these ...

Hugs to all friends here today.

:ghug2:
Old 06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Way to go Amy! and :praying: back to you!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

my daughter called today, and is very stressed and exhausted right now and I was trying to encourage her to give herself permission to just focus on what her body and head need right now in the way of healing and let the rest go..I told her, about how I had to surrender to the fibro flare, I am in right now, and just focus on letting myself heal and not feel guilty, or feel I should be doing something...and I ask myself why do I still need to remind myself not to suffer unnecessarily...sheesh..

oh and Amy, ditto on the way to go!
Old 06-19-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Grateful..

Warmest of hugs and prayers to and for you and your daughter today.

Feelings, feelings...something I learned a long time ago...they are "distressing not

dangerous." But they seem so real. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Grateful..

Warmest of hugs and prayers to and for you and your daughter today.

Feelings, feelings...something I learned a long time ago...they are "distressing not

dangerous." But they seem so real. I hope you feel better soon.

:ghug3
Old 06-19-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

My favorite part in today's reading is "We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be. I just love that!!!! Hugs to Everyone!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Great reading grateful, Thanks. I am always a day ahead! but thats ok.

Nothing much to say here. Oh yes I got a summons to go to court instead of a ticket for a minor driving offence, looks like I will have to go, that should provide a way for me to excise all that dread I had of going to court when I was using and help heal that part of my past as well as teach me not to be a smart ass and that I need to be honest in ALL things, even with the policey officers

Kevin
Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

grateful ((((...)))) to you and your daughter
Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by nogard View Post
Great reading grateful, Thanks. I am always a day ahead! but thats ok.

Nothing much to say here. Oh yes I got a summons to go to court instead of a ticket for a minor driving offence, looks like I will have to go, that should provide a way for me to excise all that dread I had of going to court when I was using and help heal that part of my past as well as teach me not to be a smart ass and that I need to be honest in ALL things, even with the policey officers

Kevin

Kev...what a wonderful attitude......oh, and I'm glad to see your Guests Come On In thread in newcomers again..I have missed seeing it..
Old 06-20-2009, 01:27 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

((Kev)) - that IS a great attitude!!

((Grateful)) - I hope the fibro flare is short-lived

((())) to everyone

I actually talked to my stepsister again, and everything is fine. She had found something on the computer about Brit's dad, where a "former gf" had written how he was "misunderstood" and was really a great guy who just needed to be loved. It was obviously written by someone who is very much a codie. My stepsister had responded to this post, as it mentioned his daughter, and she did a great job. I couldn't find the article, but Anvil found it for me and asked "who the heck is this codie?" I had to laugh. No matter where I go there are codies and addicts!!

It was a lousy night. They tried to change my schedule at work; Brit is being whiny and selfish and I'm tempted to take someone else to the concert tomorrow night (or actually tonight since it's 4:30 a.m.); oh...and my insurance didn't cover my last dr. visit and I owed almost $200.

Other than all that, I'm doing great!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy