View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
grateful2b
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie copyright 1990 - The Hazelden Foundation

June 19

Making Life Easier

Life doesn't have to be hard.

Yes, there are times we need to endure, struggle through, and reply on our survival skills. But we don't have to make life, growth, recovery, change, or our day-to-day affairs that hard all the time.

Having life be that hard is a remnant of our martyrdom, a leftover from old ways of thinking, feeling, and believing. We are worthy, even when life isn't that hard. Our value and worth are not determined by how hard we struggle.

If we're making it that hard, we may be making it harder than it needs to be, said one woman. Learn to let things happen easily and naturally. Learn to let events, and our participation in them, fall into place. It can be easy now. Easier than it has been. We can go with the flow, take the world off our shoulders, and let our Higher Power ease us into where we need to be.

Today, I will stop struggling so hard. I will let go of my belief that life and recovery have to be hard. I will replace it with a belief that I can walk this journey in ease and peace. And sometimes, it can actually be fun.
okay, this passage...0h boy!
It took me a really long time to shed my perception of my life..I think when your young life is so full of suffering, it takes a long time, once you realize it, to see life in another way. I always made life harder than it needed to be because that was my only view. It was only once I began my healing process, that I was able to begin to have a lighter, happier view of the world, and myself, and now I am so far from where I was that it seems like a dream..a bad dream...