Notices

Class of January Part 3

Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Resident

I love twizzlers but the are off my list. I am going to take a chance on the splenda and the coke0 until I get down to my ideal weight. No sugar for 1 week and all I lost was 1 lousy pound. Grrrrrr.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I am with mama on this one. Twinkies are gross to me and I think they last indefinately. One time at work we put a Hostess cupcake (different item, same principle) on a plate out of the wrapper and set it out on the windowsill. 60 days later it was a little dried up but never molded inside or out! Can anyone say preservatives! Or too much time on your hands at work?!

I taught my lesson for the day right? Do I get a star or are we waiting for stimulus money to replenish the star drawer?!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Already had sugar and had a hard night

So I ate two rather large pieces of toffee before I came to class today - got as a gift from a friend (we walked 8 miles before I ate it).. but I will do my best to follow the assignment from here on in.. teach...

So last night I came home from a meeting of the board of this non-profit that I serve on, 9:30 (meeting started at 6) and almost yelled "this is why I drank!" (notice the verb tense).. My whole insides were churning - one board member has really been awful and the other 4 members are all agreed that he is out of line but it was just yucky - awful - mean - bad.. And I am a volunteer doing this! .. Why can't people be kind to each other... Like all of you!

My husband was great - heard me out.. I ate some food, had a glass of dilute juice and watched basketball highlights then finally wound down enough to go to bed (11:30ish). It is eerie that it is still with me this AM - I need to do something about this.. maybe with the other board members..

I feel so lucky to get to come to class! vent my stuff - say hi and :ghug:ghug: to all of you.

I think I have 45 days today - and I feel really lucky.

BTW - the toffee was outrageous - dark chocolate.. almonds..
Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

AND VC - thanks for that half star - I love it!
Old 02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

So twinkies are bad, but the diet coke I drink can clean my car engine.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey Wanttolive....you still have that Hostess cupcake around?

...man I'm hungry...gotta go eat something

Have a great day class!!!

Peace!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi. I'm late to class and sorry Fubar but I've already botched the assignment. I have had sugar today, not once but probably 2 or 3 times. But I will not have a Twinkie. I think I am on Day 15436 without Twinkies.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:25 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Resident

I don't eat twinkies either. When I have baked goods they are all home made. I like tarts (pecan, butter ,mincemeat, lemon) pies ( lemon meringue, cherry apple ,pumpkin, mincemeat, strawberry, peach,) cookies ( chocolate chip, gingerbread, sugar,shortbread, peanut butter.)
Enough Fub. Tomorrows assignment will have nothing to do with sweet foods. I am going insane.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
VC down to the principal's office for you to rehash the rules of sub teaching, especially the section on stars. Three stars in one day is reckless. The school only allows 10 gold stars for the whole year. You know the budget is tight.
Well guys, I have been suspended for star abuse. It is unlikely they will let me teach again. It seems someone down the office yesterday sang like a canary. Hmmm, now who could THAT be.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:50 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Assignment for today: No processed sugar for anyone. So take those twinkies out of your lunch bage and give them to the February class.
Hey class I caught Fub with all the confiscated twinkies!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Wow Fubar I didn't know you were so young looking....quittin booze has really done you well man!

By the way I like twinkies...haven't had one since I was 20 something though.

Fubar you have good taste in baked goods my man...I love rhubarb pie by the way...oh man thats good stuff....sign of spring too.

VC, I'm sure Fubar will let you sub again some day...when the pain has passed.

Who told on you anyway????

Good day classmates!
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
VC, I'm sure Fubar will let you sub again some day...when the pain has passed.

Who told on you anyway????
Good day classmates!
Well let's see, who did I send down to the principal's office?.....who did not get a star because he did not follow instructions? Yep. That's him. The Twinkie Tester.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Sorry on the sugar side, teach. While i don't approve of twinkies, i am an avid pepsi addict. Terrible for me, yes, but oh so tasty. Put it in my progress report. Hope all is well, class. I just finished writing my introduction and first section for my educational research paper. It's posted in my forum for grad classmates to critique. I didn't even reread it yet. My eyes are crossing!

I'm going to clean our ferret shelter's room and let the fuzzies out for a romp before crashing hard. Hopefully, i'll get some hopeful news from the hopemeister himself in a few minutes during his hopeful address to congress. Can ya guess who i'm hoping to hear from? Kin ya?

Take 'er easy, sleep tight, don't let the sugar bugs bite. They usually like twinkies, anyway. Cheers, people.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It's morning time class!!!!

I failed the assignment yesterday at the end of the day....it was fat tuesday and I live within 100 miles of the Detroit area....that means paczki time. Polish folk around here really know how to ruin a good eating day with those things. Man are they good though...I couldn't resist.

I get an F for the no-sugar assignment.

Give me another shot today...I'm sure I can do better.

Have a great day class.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
It's morning time class!!!!

...I couldn't resist.

I get an F for the no-sugar assignment.
Me too...but, I don't have a problem with sugar...I could quit anytime...

Enjoy your day Class.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

[QUOTE=masseyman;2124235]It's morning time class!!!!

I failed the assignment yesterday at the end of the day....it was fat tuesday and I live within 100 miles of the Detroit area....that means paczki time. QUOTE]

What is that Mass?

It's hump day!! Pull your minds out of the gutter.......

I am off to bowling for the 3rd time this week,,,,,it's getting old. No more substituting for me.......in here either! I am not commiting myself anymore. It's too much!!!!!! And it's $10 a whack!

Have a great morning my fellow wagoneers!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

A paczki (poon-shkee) is a once a year Polish fat laden deep fried sugar coated super donut. Filled with anything and everything from blueberries, custard, prunes, mincemeat...each has about 256,000 calories I think.

Big Polish population in south east Michigan, especially city of Hamtramack MI. Tradition here on fat Tuesday.

Eat one, need extra insulin....eat two, go into light coma....three........no one has ever made it that far that I know of.

Good day all.

(I only had one by the way)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all.
No assignment for today but there will be a big one tomorrow.
I do have a story about a strange visitor that I had that came calling today.

It was my Addictive voice. First time.
It may have been because of a thread yesterday about someone's counselor suggesting moderation.

Anyhow my AV says " that moderation thing sounds good. Let's try a couple of beers.
I was prepared to negotiate so I says no beer. Is there anything else you want?
He says OK how about a Mars bar. We LOVE chocolate.
I says No processed sugar. How about an extra pack of Splenda with our coffee.
He grudgingly agreed.
I ripped him off and only put 2 Splenda in the coffee.
Screw him if he can't take a joke.
Feel free to run amock today but don't hurt each other.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hang on a minute ... gotta go find some sugar laden thing to eat .... all these voices talking about sweet stuff..

Here I am back with my treats - sorry won't share. But if you guys would send spring my way I'd bake you some rhubarb pies! I've never made one with Splenda but for Fubar I could give it a shot. Remember though, you have to send spring here to Saskatchewan first.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

You'll have to get spring from jsml1234, he's the only one who has it right now...seems like the majority of us live in the arctic circle....

mmmmmmm.....rhubarb pie.....