Notices

Class of January Part 3

Old 02-22-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yellow duck - I'm right there with you - last drink was Super Bowl Sunday - 3 weeks ago tonight. 3 sober weeks and 3 sober weekends - WTF - that hasn't happened since I was in the 7th-8th grade. It feels good - a lot of the thanks goes to this board and specifically this thread - the Januarians!

Ya'll have a great Sunday - and don't forget to pull for the MSU Spartans this afternoon at 3:00, ESPN against the lowly Badgers of Wisconsin.

JT
Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Congrats Jackstone and Yellow....wtg! Yellow, you are giving out red stars? Class, I smell a substitute teacher when needed, don't you? HA!

Hey Fub, Slumdog won all kinds of awards. They are flying all the kids into the US for the next awards thing. Do you agree that it deserved all the attention? I have not seen it yet. And by the way, Splenda is awesome, even to cook or bake with.

Everyone button everything up today, Massey the teacher's pet and suspected tattle-tale is due in soon......
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Resident

I don't really follow those award things because I think they have more to do with polotics and less to do with the actual movies and performances. Even the People's choice awards are heavily influenced by the media.
Having said that I thought it was a good movie although no cars were smashed in the making of it.
They need to smash several hundred cars in each movie or GM may go out of business.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Congrats Jackstone and Yellow....wtg! Yellow, you are giving out red stars? Class, I smell a substitute teacher when needed, don't you? HA!

Hey Fub, Slumdog won all kinds of awards. They are flying all the kids into the US for the next awards thing. Do you agree that it deserved all the attention? I have not seen it yet. And by the way, Splenda is awesome, even to cook or bake with.

Everyone button everything up today, Massey the teacher's pet and suspected tattle-tale is due in soon......

Trust me, you don't want me to sub for FUBAR. And I'm all out of stars, I gave them all to FUBAR. I was really just sucking up to teacher and am hoping to get them back some day along with any others he might have! I can out-brownnose Massey I think.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Someone suggested Splenda..Diet pop with aspertine on the other hand is not so great. It was great but would have been better with a large Pepsi regular instead of diet.
Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Splenda is awesome, even to cook or bake with.
Splenda is awesome.
Coke zero is good, doen't taste like a 'diet'.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:13 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Resident

Thanks for the tip js. I am going to try that Coke0 today. I got a movie on DVD I want to see and a movie isn't the same without soda and popcorn.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Thanks for the tip js. I am going to try that Coke0 today. I got a movie on DVD I want to see and a movie isn't the same without soda and popcorn.
No doubt.
Enjoy your movie.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey class - off line per Teach's instructions for a bit - had some great times walking all over SF until the rain started.. Will throw water balloons with those show balls in Wisc.

Had dinner with family and friends last night - two wine drinkers, two beer drinkers and me - the water drinker and it was really OK - can not believe that! Of course I did have as much pizza as I wanted.

Getting ready for a few good b-ball games this afternoon - Wake Forest vs Duke (go WF) and Arizona State vs Arizona (go sundevils). Love a lazy Sunday afternoon with rain and the dog sitting at our feet and good b-ball..

See you all at class tomorrow AM - back into the week we go! Yes, another weekend (6.5 non-drinking weekends this year). whew..
Old 02-22-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post

Getting ready for a few good b-ball games this afternoon - Wake Forest vs Duke (go WF) and Arizona State vs Arizona (go sundevils). Love a lazy Sunday afternoon with rain and the dog sitting at our feet and good b-ball..

See you all at class tomorrow AM - back into the week we go! Yes, another weekend (6.5 non-drinking weekends this year). whew..
Hi K-Bird.
Strong work on your 6.5 weekends sober.
I agree with your support for Wake Forrest, our San Antonio Spurs great Tim Duncan's school. But, have to disagree on your other choice-go Az Wildcats.
See you in class tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by yellow duck View Post
Trust me, you don't want me to sub for FUBAR. And I'm all out of stars, I gave them all to FUBAR. I was really just sucking up to teacher and am hoping to get them back some day along with any others he might have! I can out-brownnose Massey I think.

Do you hear this Massey?
GAME ON!
Old 02-22-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

shhhhhhh Vicious, you weren't supposed to tell him...
Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

DOH!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Guys, I was apart of the Class of January -- made it 30 days then fell off the wagon ...well I'm here again ready to start over! hope to last atleast 90'days this time.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi Shogun, welcome back. Good stuff on the 30 days - you know that you can do it now.

Some days (and today is one of them) I feel that someone or something is pushing me off the wagon and I have to remind myself that it is MY wagon. I've worked hard to stay on it and I'm not going to jump off and give up my control because of life's little ****. And I only have to do that today. Tomorrow will likely be better and if it's not I'll just try to hang on for one more day. And even if I fall off someday, it's still MY WAGON and I know I will get back on it.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I like that Yellow-D. "It's my wagon." Here's to you!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Welcome back Shogun - we're all in this together and welcome back! I had about 45 days back at the end of 2008, then had a few weeks of on again off again drinking, and now am close to 45 days again and this one sure feels like the real thing. Good having you in class again!

I like your wagon theory yellow duck.. I am going to work on painting my wagon in class today if Fub says it is ok (ir even if he doesn't.. that class anarchy thing again).

OK jsml, neither of us got WF, but somehow those Sundevils pulled it off (I actually like both the Arizona schools - was hard to root for ASU over Arizona but have liked their play this year).

Massey - are you back? How did the vacation go?

Off to swim - rain and all. Check in later.
:ghug
Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning classs.
Hi Shogun, hang in there Samurai.
Hey Yellow duck, lets us know if you become attacked... we will circle our wagons.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KindBird View Post

OK jsml, neither of us got WF, but somehow those Sundevils pulled it off (I actually like both the Arizona schools - was hard to root for ASU over Arizona but have liked their play this year).
:ghug

Close game 68-70, I too like both schools. I was born in Tucson and my pop is an alumn of Az. I'm also a big fan of Lute Olson, he did a lot for their BB program.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Morning class. Back from a long weekend in the snow...had a great time.

What's new here? Anyone get detention or anything while I was gone? Fubar still off the sugar?

Anyway, still sober here...35 days now.....whew.

Good day all.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hey Masseyman, I see that you're on-line.
Welcome back, hope you had safe and great time tearing up the snow.