Notices

Clean House Time Part 3

Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

New Years is just days away and cleaning your inner house is important....

Words for today.....

TOLERANCE

CONTINUED SERENITY

DETERMINATION

WILLINGNESS TO CHANGE

CONTINUED STEP WORK

The days can be hard for many of us and yet.... our recovery is the most important each day of our lives......... Keep up with as much as you can and clean that inner house . This is your life and making the changes you need .

Determination in recovery is good.... we all need the support to keep going One Day At A Time.....

Getting to meetings will help motivate us..... get to some today and listen to what is being said. If you can get in a few words... that helps clean your inner house within you....

Take time to work the steps and clean up others from before.... that need a little more work... Recovery isn't easy for us ... but it takes a few minutes of work to make progress in our own life.

No one else will work your program for you.... it is up to you to make the changes and see a brighter future. You can do this..

Make the New Year something special..... and get a grip on your recovery life.......

Sending Hugs out to all those that need one today..... and praying for the changes we all need to consider each day...
Old 12-31-2010, 09:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Taking the day slow and taking in all the meetings and Hugs I can find....

Words for thought today......

WISDOM

SERENITY

FORGIVENESS

UNDERSTANDING

Clean your inner house well today..... New Years is tomarrow and you can start the new year cleaner than ever.

Cleaning house takes time and lots of work for those of us that have a hard time in recovery..... But with a little patience we can make it...

Be understanding of your own needs in your program..... work through the difficult areas and get the help you need to see your day with a smile.... you can do this and reaching out to others for help doesn't mean you have failed...... You are still learning no matter how many years you have.... ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:03 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Tonight you can get to lots of meetings for the new year.....

I heard there is lots going on so no one is left out..... but you have to check your schedule and call around ..

We all live in different areas of this world and We all have that chance to find something program related....

Happy New Year everyone and see you next year....

Need some words to think about I have a couple....

PROMISES

ATTITUDE

SELF-SEEKING

CHARACTER DEFECTS

ACTS OF KINDNESS

Tonight get some Hugs to help you through the night if you find yourself in a bad place..... Then get to some meetings.... or have someone take you with them...

reach out and touch another life in recovery.....
Old 01-01-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

The new year came in with the stars and clear sky for now.... and the rain is predicted for later they say.....

But for me I am thinking about that much needed walk to start the day off right and Thank God for all the years I have in my AA program today..... "25" big ones to celebrate the New Year . For this I am proud of ...

For each year that goes by Cleaning house in Recovery takes time, patience and a great deal of determination......

Words for the day.....

PATIENCE

DETERMINATION

MOTIVATION

Keep it simple for today and get to meetings ....... starting the New Year out right by meeting others in recovery and giving Hugs.... I find that I feel better when I get out and meet others at meetings.... and find my place while listening to the talks....

I have found that all the years I have put into my own program I can still get something out of the meeting discussions to take home with me to write on..... this is part of my quiet time that helps me each day and gets me through the 12 steps..... Yes .... no matter how many years you have .... working the 12 steps keeps going.... When you finish the 12 steps ... You just start them over and over again...

Cleaning your inner house each year helps make you a better person for every year that goes by........ and I take it one day at a time....

I find that I never work the 12 steps the same each year.... and that is interesting to me....

Take your program slow and work the steps to the best of your ability..... One day at a time ..... and keep coming back .... because it really works if you work it......

Hugs to you all today..... this is a new year and a fresh begining for us all........ take that first step into the new year and make it right.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congrats on 25 years exP, that is wonderful!
Old 01-01-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Thanks....Reubena... you are good...

and ... yes.. Baby steps is all it really takes.

Life is good in recovery for me.... One day at a time.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Words for today....

EASY DOES IT

BABY STEPS

UNDERSTANDING

MOTIVATION

Take time to get to meetings for this new year and find your motivation with the topics and from what others are saying.... it helps and has helped me so much.... over the 25 years I have in recovery....

Understand what recovery means to you in your program and work one day at a time to the best of your ability..... you can do this... and keep your walk in recovery going...

Baby steps is the way to go..... no moving fast.... slow steps is good and gives you the chance to understand the 12 steps....

Clean your inner house and be sure you talk to your sponsor if you run into trouble areas.... some times someone else can walk you through those spots or just getting to a step meeting will help..... think about it.

Hugs to all those that need one today......
Old 01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Words for today....

SELF WILL

SLIPS

PROMISES

ATTITUDES

For the day I am thinking about cleaning my inner house and taking in mind the words listed above..... some may not relate to me at this time but that is ok.......... I can look back at my past and think about how I handled them... with my recovery program.... because our attitude today is different than in the past...

We all have changed since getting into recovery..... think about it.... you may be doing things you didn't think you would do for yourself .

And maybe with the new year you or someone you know in recovery has "slipped" in recovery... and there is a need to pick up the pieces and walk that straight path again... It is ok... we all get in trouble with our life and clenaing our inner house..

Start today fresh and make the right choices.... you can do this and so can the person next to you....

Meetings are important and there is a relaxed feeling when going to one... the Hugs are there and friends that truely understand what is going on .....

Recovery has a way of calming us down and putting the "promises" right in front of us.... Keep coming back and know that you are in the right place for today....

This is your life..... make the most of it... just for today.

Keep that "self will" going deep in you.... Keep recovery #1 in your life just for today.... just for moment.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Words for today....

PATIENCE

FAITH

GRATITUDE

HAPPINESS

Take time today to clean your inner house and go through the word list if you wish.......

I am going to take time to do the words to help me through the difficult times in my life and clean my inner house.....

Working the steps helps us all with our time in recovery and set the pace for our program...... but we have to get to the meetings to put everything in place....

Patience is a part of this and working on what we can ....Be grateful for what you have and all you have worked on in your program....

Be Happy and know that the new year is here for you and me to make the changes we need to better our life in recovery.....

Have faith and know that there is a God out there watching over you and trying to keep you on the straight path for your recovery....

Keep coming back and know that we are all in this together..... We can do the the step work.... One day at a time .... slowly ....
Old 01-05-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Found some words to help with today....

SELF WILL

INVENTORY

HONESTY

DISEASE

ANGER

There is a time in our life when we wish all our problems would just go away.... Well this is your life in a nut shell... and mine...

We are here for the same reasons.... that our life had become unmanagable and we needed help to get back on the right path of our life..... but it isn't easy because we have to work hard to accomplish so much...

Take today to make a difference for yourself and clean your inner house.

Take your inventory at the same time and be honest about it... We have a disease and getting to meetings helps us keep moving forward and gives us things to work on after we leave that meeting...

I find that cleaning my inner house is one of the most important things I can do each day..... it is my time for Inventory and I have to be honest with it.... I find that If I can't be honest with myself then I need more meetings and to talk about what is going on.... I have to find ways to straighten myself our more....

Anger is one that comes with the program.... we all have our moments and some are worse than others...... but feeling angery sets me back and I find lots of meetings to help straighten myself out and talk to others about what is going on..... I get all the Hugs I can to help me through the day and work the steps ... back to the start of step One... It helps and that is good...

Keep coming back and find your spot in your own recovery..... You can do this and so much more... Just remember this is your life.... You can make a difference for yourself.... One day at a time.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Words for todays clean up time......

INTEGRITY

JOY

PEACE

Come to terms with your recovery and what it is that you can do for yourself in your cleaning of your inner house.....

Many of us try hard to work the steps and trip over the stuff from our past one too many times....... But for today just take it one step at a time and don't be in such a hurry...

Slow down and look at each step in your life and be at peace with your life...... just for today....

Recovery is your life today ..... and tomarrow will heal itself in due time...... get to those meetings and find something that is talking to you during that time.....

Write down in a journal what is going on in your life and what you have changed about your program....... have you made progress over the time you got into recovery?

These are the things you can think about just for today.... One minute at a time while you go about your day.... if there isn't too much change... don't beat yourself up about it..

We have time to work our recovery program..... there is no hurry....

See the JOY in each day you have in your program..... this is your life so make the most of it.... Reach out and get the extra help you need.... it is always there..
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

A little sunshine to warm up with for those in my area...... NICE...

Just cleaning up today with the words.......needed for each minute...

REST

FLEXIBILITY

OPENNESS

Climbing the mountain today to see the light at the top and how much progress I have made over the years.....

Try it yourself..... and clean your inner house at the same time.... just watch your step... you don't want to trip in the holes along the way.

Take time to rest along the way and be flexable with your program and do some extra time on your 12 steps..... by finding that quiet place to write and read.. Maybe this is a good time !!!

Be honest with yourself and your program..... this is your life ....so make the most of it.

Have a good time thinking about all the changes you have made since being in recovery...... if you are still getting started then you may have made a few changes ...so write down anything you may have noticed with the step work done so far.

Cleaning your inner house helps see where we are still struggling..... and need to clean up better....

Keep coming back ..... consider yourself Hugged..
Old 01-11-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Walking off that extra weight and thinking about my program at the same time........ watching out for the pot holes I don't want to trip in today and keeping my mind clean....

All this is lots of work in recovery and a good thing.... since we don't want extra time to think about what we used to do in the past.

Today make time for you and that important walk.... it doesn't matter if it is snowing outside .... you can find time to take a slow walk and enjoy it with your dog if you have one....

Think about what it is you need to do for you in recovery.... what you neglected up till now... and what you pushed aside in the closet hoping to forget.... These are the things that need the most cleaning in your inner house.... THINK ABOUT IT....

Words for thought today.....

INNER CLEANING

RECOVERY

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

PIT FALLS

Hugs for all that need them today..... as I pray for you all and the day you hope for....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thinking of you today Penguin.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hello friend... glad you stopped by... to check on me..

I am here today for a while and to relax my mind as we all can use one of those days..

Words to think about ......

RELAXTION

RECOVERY

PEACE OF MIND

STEP FORWARD

For the day I have found a quiet place to write and work the steps in my own little world..... I find that relaxing on my own helps with the recovery process. I need the peace of mind to think about what each step means to me in my own life....

Only you can write what each step means.... no one else can tell you what to write down..... because it has to come from your heart ...deep down inside.

Take that step forward and think about your life just for today.... and nothing else.... today is what matters. Don't worry about yesturday and what you couldn't change.... work from today.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Words for the day....

HOPE

PRAYER

THANKFULLNESS

SERENITY

Keep in mind the steps and what you have accomplished this far.... you are on the right path coming here to SR and getting all the info you need for yourself.

Life in recovery was never meant to be easy .... so take each day as it comes and get to those meetings and talk about what is on your mind..

Get in that walk to clear the air for yourself and feel the wind in your face..... you will have time to think about your program during this time and what changes can be made today to make your life happier.

Be easy on yourself .... this is your life and it won't go away...
Old 01-19-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Working on getting in a couple walks today to clear the head and keep my program going.....

Had some bad news about my health and this is the time to buckle down and work my steps hard..... so my cleaning of my inner house will be extra clean today....

Words to think about during my cleaning.....

REST

SERENITY

HOPE

TRUST

There is so much more that can be done today and yet the most important thing to do is get to some meetings and work the steps...... Listen to what others have to say at the meetings and find something you can take home from that meeting...

I think about what others say all the time and write in my journal about the stuff that struck me ....... and that I need to work on in my life...

Recovery has to be important enough for you to do more that just go to meetings...... Work your program a little more than usual just for today..... you can do this and find happiness...
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your health problems are easily surmountable ones T

D
Old 01-20-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I am hanging in there with help from God and my faith to keep moving forward....... Nothing will stop me from doing what I love most....

For today I came up with some words for thought.....

TOLERANCE

GRATITUDE

SERENITY

TRUST

COURAGE

Today take time out of your work and take that walk for a few minutes.... smell the air outside and take note of something you didn't notice before..... then look at your recovery and see what it is that you can CHANGE......

This is your life and making changes is important in your program each day....

Pick something from the word list to work on today.... take that challenge in your life and make the most of it...

We all take advantage of something each day in our lives and one thing that strikes me is making the most of my own recovery program.... I look for something that I haven't challenged and ask God for the help to deal with it ... Then move on to the next best thing for the day... and that is getting to meetings and meeting those that are having a rougher time than me.... I pass out Hugs to everyone and try to make myself happy by looking for other needs in my life...

You can do this for yourself....... and taking the time from your work will give you the freedom to move forward with your program....

Be happy today no matter what is going on or slowing you down.... pick yourself up and know that the person next to you is having a tougher time than you... We all have bad days and when you're not feeling well you just need to stop and smell the roses on the other side of life.... God is there to listen to your needs and you just need to let Him know what they are.....
Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

The day is moving forward for a weekend and that is good....

Taking time out to enjoy the sunshine and get in that much needed walk....

Word for the day.....

FREEDOM

HUMILITY

COURAGE

TRUST

Take the day to clean your inner house and work the steps at a step meeting.... it will be a change for you and there may be something you can learn at the same time.....

This is your day to be happy and learn new things..... make room for change... and trust others in the program...