Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 5

Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

did everyone go to diet cola girls house for balogny sandwiches?

why wasn't I invited????
Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
getting there

Hahahaha, yes, we're all over here... we even added sugar just for you ;-).
Old 10-30-2008, 02:00 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

I agree with Jules to a certain extent.

While I think we do need to have fun to help us, I do find it hard to be part of this thread lately.

I was craving bad yesterday so I came here but I didn't feel comfortable posting about it in the middle of the chatter, it is to hard to post about the serious side of all this when there is so many non alcohol related posts here.

I don't want to start a whole new thread just to say I am craving, which is why I liked the July Club in the beginning, it was a place to come and have a chat about how I was feeling and get some support.

Now I don't feel like that, which is a shame, it's why I don't really post as much as I used to.

I don't know what the solution is really, I think it is fine to have non alcohol related chatter, but it does make it harder to post, for me anyway, when I need to be serious.

Sax
Old 10-30-2008, 02:22 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

This does tend to happen to threads that go on for many parts, Jules and Sax.

Even Bottoms started out seriously.

Maybe if those having fun here agree with you two that this thread should be more serious they can come over to Bottoms and goof off/flirt as much as they like?

Anyway, y'all are invited.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:10 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by stone View Post
This does tend to happen to threads that go on for many parts, Jules and Sax.

Even Bottoms started out seriously.

Maybe if those having fun here agree with you two that this thread should be more serious they can come over to Bottoms and goof off/flirt as much as they like?

Anyway, y'all are invited.
I think the issue here Paul is that people have expressed that they needed support but didn't feel they should break up the party here.

I think that should be at least food for thought no matter what the thread is.

I love SR, and I love having fun here, but I always try not and lose sight of the fact it's a recovery board.

yeah.... I haven't mellowed
D
Old 10-30-2008, 04:25 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
yeah.... I haven't mellowed
D

I have missed you!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Little after 4 AM here, woke up, couldn't get back to sleep, very tired, checked in here for a minute, need to try get back to sleep, but given what I've just read through, thought I'd mention that I was already going to be away from SR all day today tomorrow due to a work related event.

I'm one of THE class clowns: Guilty as charged.

Not trying argue here, make it a popularity contest, or brag with the following statement, it's just how I feel and believe to be true: Anyone that cares to look back through pages of posts will find plenty of my non-serious trivial posts but they will also find some people saying I was helping them when they needed it with both some of those non-serious as well as with my serious points. I know I've been helped by both types of posts and I can not say how grateful I am for that reality.

My desire is for others to be comfortable here being serious and not being serious and not worrying if either flavor fits in at any given time. Isn't that how a functional family should be?

I laugh when you laugh, I hurt when you hurt.

I'm hurt now. I will laugh again. I will not drink today.

Be back at the end of day.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:15 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

since it is the July 08 thread....I'm not going to try and control this...

You all just work out what you want ... and create it.

One thing I've learned is that in order to stay sober, I have to learn how to work through these sorts of issues with my friends and support groups.

I think it is less about what is decided and more about how it is decided

:ghug
Old 10-30-2008, 05:55 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I feel like dirt cause I'm also one of the class clowns. Have been really laughing it up lately and I guess this isn't the proper place for it. I'll take it to Bottoms from now on. I'm sorry if this thread got so off-track. I still support everyone's recovery but stand guilty as charged so I'm offering a sincere apology to anyone feeling left out or 'laughed' out of this thread.

I'm sorry.:sorry

almost forgot - today is day 109 for me
Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Well that's sad, because it had really given me a chance to get to know people on here on a more personal level.

I don't really understand the problem, when I have something serious to say, regardless of what the chatter of the moment was, it's always been welcomed.

Like doctors waiting for an emergency, they hang out and shoot the **** until an emergency comes in and then they are still right there on the ready.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

colagirl: I apologize for this when you're struggling. You are doing great, though! I know that when you first stop drinking again, all sorts of things can disrupt sleep. I liked ananda's suggestion of saying to yourself what you're doing in that moment..I wish I'd known of that one when I stopped. Heck, I'll most likely use it many times in the future. Actually, that probably would help for a lot of moments, not just when craving. You've gotten into the 30 days before, you can do this again!!! And the benefits and strength and health that you received in those 30+ days aren't diminished by having to start over again. You have learned from what happened and will be all the stronger for it. We're here for ya!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

scoob: i'm taking a stand...the thread remains! We're here for everyone struggling and for everyone needing a lighter moment in their day with people who understand them. I have laughed the hardest in AA meetings that I've attended and felt understood and like life isn't the sh!t-hole that it felt like going into the meeting...I feel that way here, too.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:37 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

I guess my confusion comes from people who say they don't feel comfortable saying "hey guys i'm having a bad day" but can say "you guys are all attention wh*res" with no hesitation.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Good Morning :)

I'm not very good with this sort of thing as I've already shared with you all how I am...

I'm sad that Jules is leaving. She is a great source of wisdom and support and I just love her. I am sad that she is struggling and we weren't able to lend the support that she needed. I have no doubt that had we known what was going on, we would have stopped at nothing to help. The same goes for Sax. Sax, I'm bummed that you didn't feel comfortable "cutting in" yesterday. I felt like we had really reached out to you and I'm sorry you felt that way :( I'm sad that my classmates that kept me laughing yesterday are hurt today. Hurt feelings stink. Yesterday we talked about balance, something that makes this class thread a great place to be. All of our members contribute to that balance. Some are stronger in some aspects and some have a talented mix of the two. For me, it depends on what day it is! LOL :)

Honestly, I need BOTH here. I need a place to share my feelings and know that I will have support and accountability, but I also need to have laughter and friendship. I, personally, would like to see all of that (and you) stay. As long as I am in a place where I feel participating in SR is a good thing for me, I promise to ALWAYS lend support and accountability to those of you who need it, regardless of what the topic on the thread is at the time. The rest is up to you. I appreciate every one of you and I hope you will all stay.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:09 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

(((dancinggirl)))

You will NOT drink! "No way, never, never, uh, uh, uh....no way, uh, uh"...and if that little cheer isn't enough to scare you into abstaining, I'll have to come to Canada myself and follow you around on Halloween night. And I'll have two very upset Jedi's back here in the states looking for their mom! You will be accountable to each and every one of us the next morning and I KNOW you don't want to have to come on here and share a humiliating story with us...
Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I drank for alot of years over resentment...it didn't help ... in fact it simply fueled the anger and damaged my self esteme. Today I find that I have to not drink if my a$$ falls off, and learn how to process my emotions and then take actions that are helpful to myself and others.

DC...When I am feeling shaky about the sobriety thing I do try to not put myself within acess of alchohol. Now you may feel completely different tomarrow about all this....so I just wait and make the best possbile decision I can for my sobriety from moment to moment.

I really don't believe this thread or anyother is "responsible" for wether or not someone gets drunk. What will get one person drunk will get another person sober....for me I simply have to look for the places in my life where I can "be" and not sweat the fact that i don't always feel comfortable everywhere all the time.

So thats sorta it for me...Didn't wanna leave you out there on a string DC!

:ghug
Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Today I begin Day 6...it feels so good...nothing else has really changed in my life so I still have a lot of stress, lonliness and isolation, but this accomplishment makes my world seem a lot brighter and more promising. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've gone six days without have drinks at night to relax. It had become such a huge part of my routine. It just feels good. So did Day 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. So if you are starting over today or on your first few days, don't be discouraged...you WILL feel better.

I've also been sticking with my new healthy habit...my "before bed beauty routine"...it is really complimenting my "life recovery"...

SKINCARE: I love using Clinique...I do the 3-Step and use some anti-aging products (joy...). This is something I was very faithful with before my drinking took over. I did not wear alcohol well and so dumping alcohol and taking good care of my skin again has been awesome! :)

BRUSHING and FLOSSING: I've pretty much always brushed twice a day, but drinking until late at night trashed my good habits. I would wake up in the morning and my mouth would feel so abused by alcohol and lack of care. Brushing AND flossing each night feels so good. Going to bed with a CLEAN MOUTH is awesome! :)

These are some of the very basic things that drinking was robbing my body of. It feels good to be taking the power back. I am just starting so I have a long way to go, but it feels GOOD! :)
Old 10-30-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

dancinggirl...I am sorry you are feeling so hurt :( I am the last one to give out any advice on self-esteem and how to get it, but what I do know is that you don't want any "help" from alcohol to get you through the Halloween festivities (or any other thing, for that matter). No social setting is worth putting yourself on the line for and that's the truth. What is your social circle like? Are they contributing in any way to your lack of self-esteem? Is it possible there is a reason that you don't feel comfortable in that setting? While it's important to "tune out" those negative voices inside, it's also important to discern when those voices are actually looking out for your best interest. You are working SO HARD...you deserve to feel good about yourself, not just at SR, but in the real world too! :) I'm going to take that advice for myself too...add "Find new IRL friends" to my list...
Old 10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Lord help me i'm on a cold pill buzz.

Some pills don't bother me, some are like heroin to me.

I stayed home sick yesterday and just slept, it was wonderful. Today I popped 2 extra strength tylenol cold and flu before leaving for work, and now i'm feeling a bit spinny.

I just need to eat I think.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Oh..I got through my night. Day 10 without Alcohol and day 2 without opiates. Yea.