Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 5

Old 10-28-2008, 09:46 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Hey class,

I didn't remember this when I woke up this morning, but I do now.

After over 100 days sober, I had my first drinking dream last night. It was one of those very very short dreams. I was suddenly going into the fridge to and I was grabbing a beer with one hand while I was holding and almost empty beer can in the other. I knew it was the fourth beer of the night that I was grabbing but I was just realizing at that point that I was drinking. Very scary to not know I was drinking until I was 3 beers in. It was like I had been on auto-pilot or something. I then put the 4th beer back and pored out the little bit that was left of the 3rd and remember thinking that I need to go hide the fact that I was drinking. I guess we had visitors at the house in this 30 second dream.

Not sure what to make of this, if anything.

Jules, think this looks like those 6 beers in the fridge coming back to haunt me on halloween week?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

remember thinking that I need to go hide the fact that I was drinking. I guess we had visitors at the house in this 30 second dream.
JIT....ok...not a professional opinion or anything, but I think the "hiding" part was probably related to that feeling that of horror and not wanting to have to let anyone here and including ourselves know that we drank again...I have those sorts of dreams.

Mostly I dream that I am acting drunk and everyone thinks i am drinking but i haven't had a drink....or then I have the ones where just sorta "wake up" drunk with 1/2 a bottle of rum in my hands......or know I'm drunk but don't remember drinking...one dream where i was trying to break back in through locked doors to the treatment center to get help.

I don't take the dreams too much to heart...to me they are more just a sign of the overall stress level in my life...these days those dreams take the shape of my house literally colapsing around me.

First time I got sober I was made a bartender within the first week....and sometimes I have lived with beer in the house when i was sober....I think it is very possible to stay sober even though it is around us, but I do prefer not having it around and actually really wish my son wouldn't have it in the house right now....although if i really wanted to drink I doubt that I would touch his...I'de be much more likely to go to the liquer store.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

joinedintime: i used to have those dreams all the time. For me, it was always discovering that I'd started drinking and thinking, "But i didn't want to!" that had me in a panic in a dream...where I'd started without concious thought. Don't worry too much about it, it's your brain's way of reminding you that you have to be diligent and that you do NOT want to drink...your sub-concious doesn't want it, either!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi Gang! Day 101 here! Yippee! I like the sound of 101, it makes me think of the Dalmatians, or the highway in Santa Barbara where I grew up...and it is a big milestone for me.

I thought that I was used to sobriety and that I was through with cravings, but this past weekend was incredibly difficult. We had house guests and although I'd originally thought that I should ask them all not to drink at my house, I decided at the last minute that it would be a good test for me to let them go ahead and drink. The first night was tough!! We were up until 2 a.m. and they were all pretty buzzed by the time I went to bed. I was soooo tempted to have a glass of whiskey, but I just kept reminding myself that I've come this far and I don't want to ever be hungover again! The second night was a lot easier. They stayed up until around 11, but I went to bed early- about 9- and didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

Anyhow, I MADE IT! I've got to get to work now, will try to catch up more later.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

hey guys...note new avie

I'm glad you made it rhino!!!!! 101 is a great number....you are just starting the journey and it will get better and better and better

Wanted to see how this one looks in this size...thanks for your patience
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

ananda! Is that you?! You sexy woman, you! That's a great costume! Totally cute! The pressure's on now....I'd better make sure I don't have a booger hanging out for my pic....
Old 10-28-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yeah right DC...the almost 50 year old candy corn

You know it's so fun to be sober and able to enjoy this kinda stuff. When I drank I wouldn't dress up cause I was too self concous....never wanted to draw attention to myself cause people might notice the alchohol on my breath...or i might do something clutzy.

Philly....post when you can, and don't drink no matter what!!!!! Just log in here and let us know when you are struggling and we will be here for you...someone is always here at SR...if not on this thread another..and start your own thread if you need extra help!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:15 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Not to belabour a point...but your legs are SMOKIN' ananda!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Such a pretty candy corn you are!

I think with my costume, boogers are mandatory.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

scoob: you'd better post a pic, too, then! lol
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Wow this thread is moving along! Great to see!

Welcome Philly and sassy too! Rhino-fantastic on your days-go you!And well done on resisting temptation.That had to be tough. Jig-really glad you're back with us as well. I guess I should revamp our member list here just to get us all up to date?(unless anyone else wants to do it-feel free!)

Joinedintime-LOL about the beers coming back to haunt you.I don't think so though. Drinking dreams are fairly common after a while I've heard.I've had two so far and they truly suck.After my first one I woke up literally terrified I had actually drunk a bottle of wine-it was so real.I had similar feelings of fear too.I guess it's our subconscious working some of it out-but it's not a fun part of the journey I know.

I have to go run some errands-but I'll check in again soon! Hi to all!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody,
Sorry to crash this thread, but HOLY @($% Ananda where DID you get those arms and legs? Please share your secret!

--- I usually just lurk here (my first moderately successful sobriety date was 7/8/08) because you guys are such a tight-knit, successful and entertaining group. Thanks for continuing to be inspiring. ---
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

colagirl: i COMPLETELY agree!!! THose are NOT the legs of someone who claims to be almost 50!!! Jealous....sooooo jealous....
Old 10-28-2008, 02:24 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good Evening!

First of all...
ananda...You're legs DO rock! You look awesome! :)

Rhino Gal...WHOO-HOO! 101 days is AWESOME!

joinedintime...It has been very interesting to read all the posts about dreaming about alcohol. When I was pregnant with my first child I had a dream/nightmare that I had a drink while I was pregnant. I NEVER drank when I was pregant. I woke up feeling SO RELIEVED that it was just a dream/nightmare. That was eight years ago before I began using alcohol to relieve stress on a daily basis...I also have had several dreams where I cheated on my husband and felt devastated only to wake up feeling relieved. Strange how our mind works out it's fears in our dreams...

colagirl...You should join us! :)

Okay, gotta get dinner going...Day 4 is winding down...
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
getting there

Originally Posted by BreakFree View Post
Good Evening!

colagirl...You should join us!
Really??

DG - I totally agree! My legs didn't look like that even when i was 18!
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Wanted to stop by this thread and congratulate all the sober in July peeps.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

ananda, Just as I suspected, candy corn does age well. Cute picture.

BTW, Take another look at the post with your picture and then the post relating to how you used to be in regards to this topic when you were drunk. Combined they're a perfect example of how the mix of fun and seriousness works so well on this July thread. I see many other threads out there that are serious and many that are just for fun. Both have their place, but this is the best place for the mix.

I think that mix is what recovery is all about and it's what helps make us a strong group.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've got nice legs for being 57... if you think toothpicks are nice!!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

sigh, I think I may end up being uglied out of here.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
getting there

Scoob, no way!

I'd take toothpick legs any day over my short, stocky, fat-thighed, knock-kneeed pair! How embarassing!!

Anyway class, I don't know that I totally belong here, but I've been struggling... really struggling... for a couple of weeks... I just did a Google search on alcohol delivery... didn't find anything, probably a sign.

I hate this and I'm determined to make tomorrow a solid day one. Twice since July I've gotten 35 days and I know I can beat it.

Thanks for listening to me.