Notices

Class of July 2008 Part 5

Old 10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
breakfree, Thanks for the nice things you said about me! I do think you're giving me credit for one too many though - that's giving good advice to colagirl when the credit really belongs to BL.
Oh NO! Can't be having that! LOL...Unfortunately I am not able to go back and edit that post, but it should have read like this...

Originally Posted by BreakFree View Post
(((COLAGIRL!!!))) Stick with us...don't go back out! JIT made a really great point about the July class and bostonluv gave you great advice when she suggested going back and reading some of the stories...heck, I think we have some icky stories on this thread about relapsing...If it isn't on this one, it's on the one before, but I think it's somewhere in the beginning here...did that make any sense?
(((bostonluv))))

Okay...I feel better now.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:41 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Ask and you shall receive...JIT...this ones for you! A

dancinggirl...You are HILARIOUS!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Wait a minute...if JIT is the halo one....and there's one left.....who gets the devil one???!!

Crap...bad feeling with this one....

Ok...who am I kidding...I just sent cmhcali nudies of me! I'M the devil! WHOOO-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

dancinggirl...Canada, huh? Bummer...you would make a great workout buddy! Laughter is the best medicine...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DG, if you're the devil, then the angels must be reeeeelly boring. I'll go for 'bad and entertaining' over 'good and boring'.

Laughter is indeed good medicine, but it's impossible to flex a muscle when you're laughing your ass off. One reason why getting your 'enemies' laughing is a good way of keeping them from beating the sh!t out of you! Dick Gregory knows this fact very well! He mentioned it in his autobiography.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Laughter is indeed good medicine, but it's impossible to flex a muscle when you're laughing your ass off.
Oh, yes...that would be a problem...Good point! LOL
Old 10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Where's Mikey?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So if your 'laugh muscle' is better developed than your 'mean muscles' you shouldn't have too many enemies - except for those you cause to ruin their laptops by spitting cereal all over them!
Old 10-29-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Wait a minute...if JIT is the halo one....and there's one left.....who gets the devil one???!!

Crap...bad feeling with this one....

Ok...who am I kidding...I just sent cmhcali nudies of me! I'M the devil! WHOOO-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA!!!!
No DG, you have it all wrong! That's my good side on the left, and my bad side on the right. You are the one on the bottom.

Oh yeah, and about those nudies.....I have a bad body image too so perhaps I need you to provide the same therapy that you provided to cmhcali.

See? You've got me leaning to the one on the right with your nudie talk. That's why you're the one on the bottom making me go back and forth. No wait a minute....you're on the bottom and I'm going back and forth.....stop it, you're pulling me over to the dark side again.

Must be good. Must be good. Must be good. Just keep saying it JIT. Must be good.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

"No wait a minute....you're on the bottom and I'm going back and forth....."

Ummm.....joinedintime....lol.....you are having dirty thoughts today!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:07 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by BreakFree View Post
Where's Mikey?

Yea, I second that.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

I messaged him on msn to tell him to check in, that we're missing him. Hopefully he does!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Mikey!! Ten Hut!! Front and center! Your presence is required!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Okay, excuse my while I peeeeeeeeeel my jaw off the floor...WOW! You guys are killing me! Seriously, I am LMAO...I don't know...my stomach muscles are getting a good workout today...Thanks guys! :)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

So weird....every time I "lmao"...I STILL have a hard time zipping up my jeans...I'm not doing something right....
Old 10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
getting there

Omg you guys, I can't believe how many new posts there are since I last logged in! Thank you all SO MUCH for welcoming me here!! I'm struggling through day 1... feel like crying for about 16 hours but can't make myself. Barely slept last night and am stressing about everything. What a basket case, are you guys sure you really want me here? ;-)

Anyway, off to read all of your posts!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Colagirl....well...its pretty normal to be wierded out the first few weeks sober...or was for me. The thing that saved me was staying EXACTLY in this moment...i'de even say things to myself like "i'm walking, i'm walking" and then repetitive stuff like my fav...I am ok in this moment I have everything I need I am grateful....don't analize it just say it in your head...sounds stupid but it really helped me...despite the laughs we all know how hard this can be

:ghug
Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  
getting there

Thanks Ananda. I really need to practice staying in the moment, I'm terrible at it. Every once in awhile I remember to do it and it really helps my sanity! I like your idea about telling yourself what you're doing and that you have everything you need.

Twice this summer I had 35 days and was doing so well with managing stress. And what do you know... every time I've started drinking again it all goes to hell. You would think I would learn a lesson!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

colagirl, yes, we're sure we want you here. Just make it through the day. Don't worry about if it's hard or easy or anything like that because there are good things out there waiting for you on the road ahead eventually and you know you don't want to go backwards to where you were.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
getting there

Thanks JIT. I know it's for the best, I just hate how overwhelming it all is.

So on a lighter note, I had a different kind of craving tonight... a bologna sandwich with mayo on white bread. That's right, for dinner I am eating some nasty unidentifiable meat slathered with globs of fatty mayonnaise (Best Foods!) on frickin' Wonder bread. I believe this is the first time I've consumed any of these items since prior to the age of 10.

YUM, though! :wtf2